Such an unpleasant phenomenon, like a crust in the nose, can be caused by a number of reasons. This process is associated with the formation of certain substances on the mucous membrane of the nose. Sometimes this inconvenience is ignored. After all, after hygienic cleaning of the nose, the crusts disappear. But if in a few hours the unpleasant formations appear again, and at the same time cause discomfort, then, possibly, in the mucous there are pathological changes that require immediate treatment.
How to treat a runny nose in pregnancy 3 trimester is indicated in this article.
- 1 What you need to know
- 2 Reasons for the appearance of
- 2.1 Why dry crusts appear
- 2.2 Reasons for the appearance of bloody formations
- 2.3 Possible causes of the appearance of yellow crusts
- 2.4 Causes of crusts in children
- 3 How to get rid of
- 3.1 Oils, balms and ointments
- 3.2 Folk remedies
- 3.3 Conservative methods
- 3.4 Helping children
- 4 Prevention
What you need to know
Nasal formations can appear due to a typical atrGraphical rhinitis or atrophy of mucous membranes and bone. Mucous in the process of improper treatment of ENT diseases, hormonal failures or under the influence of allergens or stresses can be regenerated. In this case, it loses its properties: the cylindrical ciliated epithelium turns into a flat one. Such metamorphosis can be irreversible and lead to deformation of the walls of the bone.
Drying, mucus is able to form growths, while:
- hinders breathing;
- mucous appears to be stiffened;
- reduces the ability to distinguish smells;
- there are other pathologies.
How to treat angina during pregnancy in the second trimester treatment, you can find out when reading this article.
We need to understand that the crusts are not an inoffensive trouble. Accumulation of secretions in the nose can be accompanied by serious diseases.
The video tells about the causes and treatment of crusts in the nose:
Reasons for the appearance of
The reasons depend on the nature of the crusts. The formation of a drying secret can be accompanied by an unpleasant odor, itching and burning. The appearance of dry dense crusts is the result of a violation of the trophic function of the nervous system. To this phenomenon can lead:
- transferred in early childhood infectious diseases affecting nerve trophism;
- congenital nasal cavity pathology;
- an increase in the width of the nose with a weak development of the paranasal sinuses;
- changes in hormonal background;
- chronic or acute inflammation of the paranasal sinuses;
- therapy, which changes the rate of secretion of the mucosa;
- injury to the nose.
What folk remedies for the common cold and nasal congestion is more effective than anything else, is indicated in this article.
The formation of crusts can lead to irreversible degeneration of the tissues of the nasal mucosa. The disease has a similar symptomatology to atrophying rhinitis, but a completely different nature. In contrast to rhinitis, with the atrophy of the mucous even the bones of the nose suffer. First the mucous disintegrates, then the processes go to bone. There are changes in the structure and functionality of nerve endings of the nasopharynx.
In some women, the crusts appear in the nose at the beginning of the monthly cycle. During this period, the woman's body is aimed at maintaining the basic functions. Mucous is not sufficiently moistened, and unpleasant crusts appear.
Another reason is stress. The condition can lead to unforeseen consequences. And stress can be both strong negative emotions, and great joy. In both cases, the crust is a temporary phenomenon, and is usually associated with the drying out of the nasal mucosa.
From this article it becomes clear whether it is possible to warm the nose with genyantritis or not.
Why dry crusts appear
Regular formation of dry crusts, including purulent ones, can be influenced by the regular action of physical irritants. These include:
- long stay in highly dusty premises;
- lowering of air temperature and subcooling;
- dry air;
- hot air;
- inhalation of allergens( pollen of plants, smoke, gas);
- frequent change of climatic zones.
A prolonged stay in the horizontal position can also lead to the drying of the secretion in the nasal cavity. Another reason - rhinitis caused by acute respiratory viral infection and influenza.
How to use drops in the nose for allergic rhinitis is indicated in this article.
On the video - about the nature of dry crusts in the nose:
For what reason is a stuffy nose without a cold, you can find out by reading this article.
Causes of the appearance of bloody formations
Excessive stress on capillaries and complication of rhinitis are the main causes of the appearance of bloody crusts. The dried secret of the color of blood can be formed for a number of other reasons. Such as:
- chronic atrophy rhinitis( the main symptom of the disease is dryness of the mucosa with a sharp change in temperature and after sleep);
- side effects of drugs used during the treatment of rhinitis;
- pathology of the mucosa( often occurs in the elderly and is accompanied by lining the mucous crusts with an unpleasant odor);
- purulent sinusitis caused by staphylococci or streptococci;
- allergic rhinitis.
How to apply a cough syrup to a doctor during pregnancy, you can learn from the article.
On the photo - crusts in the nose:
Some mothers note that after pregnancy they began to appear blood clots. Perhaps in the hospital there was an infection, and bloody cracks - its consequences.
Another reason for concern is weak blood vessels. They can burst as a result of a strong nervous excitement or physical strain.
Can I breathe over a potato during pregnancy, indicated in this article.
But the reason may not be so serious: excessive efforts during blowing, careless removal of a dried secret or a blow, can lead to damage to the capillaries, and as a consequence, to the ingress of blood into the secret.
Possible causes of the appearance of yellow crusts
Yellow crusts are most often manifestations of streptococcal or staphylococcal infection. At the same time, one of the nostrils can be affected more than the other, or the symptoms can be observed at all on the one hand.
If the appearance of crusts of yellow color is accompanied by itching, dryness and burning on the skin near the nose, then the cause may be sycosis. This inflammation of the hair follicles, one of the forms of pyoderma( purulent skin lesions of staphylococci).The lesion focus is usually localized on the inside of the tip of the nose. The disease is more common in men.
How to apply Bioparox to children in the nose, you can learn from this article.
Causes of crusts in children
A withered secret with an unpleasant odor accompanies such a rare disease as ozona( it is 1-3% of all diseases of the nose).It is called a fetid cold. The causes of this disease are not fully understood, but the symptomatology was described in ancient manuscripts.
The disease passes through three stages. Most often occurs in children 7-8 years. At first the child complains of a cold, then in the nose there are hard-to-remove crusts. The final stage of the disease falls on the age after 40 years. At the same time, such symptoms of chronic atrophic rhinitis, as dry nose and anosmia continue.
Hormonal imbalance during puberty can also cause dryness of the nasopharynx and the formation of crusts in the nose. Other common causes are viruses and bacteria.
How to get rid of
Before you appoint a treatment, you need to find out the cause of the phenomenon. Rhinoscopy will give an opportunity to see in which part of the nasopharynx the crusts form. To identify infectious diseases, you need to undergo PCR diagnostics and do bapses with a simultaneous analysis of sensitivity to antibiotics.
How to apply the Bioparox spray for the throat and nose is specified in the article.
If the analysis showed that there are no pathogenic microorganisms causing ENT diseases in the body, then you just need to pay attention to the hygiene of the nasal cavity, the ecological situation in the house and in places of long stay.
Oils, balms and ointments
It is possible to alleviate the condition with oil droplets. Well softens the crusts:
- sea buckthorn oil;
- apricot oil;
- avocado oil;
- balm "Vital";
- drops "Pinosol".
Oil or balm is applied to a cotton swab and inserts turundas into the nasal passages. The exposure time is at least 30 minutes. It is possible to drip a nose these means not overturning a head strongly. Then lie down for half an hour.
If the cause of the crust is overdried nasal mucosa, then apply ointments. It is recommended to use such sparing agents:
- ointment "Flemming";
- balsam "Rescuer";
- petroleum jelly.
Under no circumstances can you rip off the crusted crusts! After such actions they will appear again. A microtraumas only aggravate the situation. After a month of treatment with balms or ointments, the crusts will disappear, and the breath will become clean and calm.
Effective irrigation of the nasal cavity with an alkaline solution or a 1% solution of nicotinic acid. They can be replaced with an ordinary solution of table salt or soda.
Traditional medicine offers treatment problems:
- boiled in the peel with potato tubers( they are warmly applied to the sinuses and kept until completely cooled);
- onions and honey( chopped onions pour boiling water, insist and add honey, use as drops);
- oils of sea buckthorn and dog rose( bury the nose, alternating the oil every other day).
After applying folk remedies, the sinuses are lubricated with vegetable oil and wiped with an ear stick.
Conservative methods of
If home therapy has not produced results, resort to special procedures in medical institutions. It can be:
- Organotherapy .Injection administration of drugs to restore mucosal function.
- Complex therapy with fine-dispersed irrigation. Sanitation of the nasal cavity with aerosols with minerals.
- Phytodynamic therapy. Maintenance of mucosa after treatment.
- Ionophoresis. Introduction of medicinal preparations with the help of galvanic current for the restoration of tissue work
- Activation of lymph flow. Procedure for resuming the excretory function.
In some cases, resort to surgical methods of treatment. Perform an operation only in case of atrophic changes in the mucosa or its deformation. If the crust appeared due to infectious diseases, then prescribe antibiotics. To do this, tests are carried out for their susceptibility.
Children are assigned the most neutral means:
- irrigation with boiled water;
- lubrication of the mucosa with vegetable oil;
- baby cream as an ointment;
- irrigation of mucous boiled milk with water( you can use breast milk).
After the crusts are softened, they are removed with an ear stick or microclyster. If such treatment does not give results, you need to pass tests for streptococcal infections. If suspicions are confirmed, antibiotics can not be avoided.
It is necessary to minimize the influence of unfavorable physical factors that cause the appearance of crusts:
- regularly ventilate the room;
- monitor the level of humidity in the apartment( if necessary, it must be artificially increased);
- is not supercooled;
- should not be used for space heating devices that reduce air humidity.
A healthy way of life, hardening, frequent walks in the open air will do more than the most modern immunostimulants. But if problems with the nasal mucosa could not be avoided, do not delay with the diagnosis and treatment. A timely diagnosis will help to quickly restore breathing and get rid of crusts in the nose.