When the season of colds comes, most people suffer from a cold and painful coughing attacks. Each of the patients dreams to overcome the disease as soon as possible and feel relief. To this end, they go to the pharmacy and get antibiotics. But not all cases of taking antibacterial drugs are appropriate. There are situations when they do not have the desired effect, as well as harm to human health.
- 1 For adults
- 2 For children
- 3 When it is advisable to prescribe the drug
Antimicrobial and antibacterial medicines are actively used to combat the disease, the cause of which is the defeat of the body by bacteria and other pathogenic microorganisms. But no one pays attention to that fact, they are completely useless in the case of a viral disease.
When an adult suffers from a cough and a cold, he has a fever, a headache, then all this indicates the presence of a virus in the body. The causes of such a disease can include a hu
The use of antibacterial drugs in the treatment of respiratory diseases can cause a side effect such as allergy or dysbiosis. At the same time, they have absolutely no influence on the terms of healing. Determine the cause and establish an accurate diagnosis can only an experienced doctor, so you should not start self-therapy and prescribe antibiotics.
In case when it is not possible to eliminate such manifestations of the disease as non-rhinitis and cough without antibiotics, you need to know the rules for taking these medications:
- Adults should strictly adhere to the clock. Thanks to a well-designed schedule, it is possible to create the necessary concentration of the main component in the blood, at the achievement of which all bacteria die. When the patient for some reason did not take the drug in time, the concentration of antibiotic in the plasma decreases. Such treatment will not give the desired effect, and can even provoke the development of resistance of bacteria to the antibiotic used.
- Improvement after taking an antibacterial drug comes soon. But to achieve this effect can only be provided that the antibiotic for cough and cold was chosen correctly. The positive dynamics develop very quickly and consists in the following: the patient has a nasal congestion, the amount of mucus discharged from the nose decreases, a dry or productive cough goes away, the intensity of the pain syndrome in the chest decreases, and breathing is facilitated. Provided that after 2 nd day relief has not come, taking antibiotic should be stopped. This indicates that the drug is not suitable for you, therefore, it should be replaced. Many patients believe that with an increase in dosage they will be able to achieve a positive result. But this statement is false, because in the end they can earn themselves various side effects, thereby exacerbating their condition.
- Admission of antibacterial drugs in adults in the fight against coughs and runny nose should last for the time indicated by the doctor .As a rule, the course does not drag out more than a week. If after some time the patient feels bad, then antibacterial therapy can continue, otherwise all the symptoms will return.
The video describes the use of antibiotics for children with cough and cold:
When coughing adults can prescribe such antibiotics:
To eliminate the common cold, it is advisable to use such drugs:
- Azithromycin( described here as using azithromycin in angina in adults);
Everyone should understand that cough and runny nose are not separate diseases, but only manifestations of a cold. Cough can also occur because of excessive strain on the larynx and trachea or act as a consequence of the inflammatory process. But not all antibiotics for children coughing can help to eliminate it. Do not use them when the cough was provoked by the following factors:
- mechanical throat damage;
- is a viral infection.
Cough and runny nose is the result of the vital activity of pathogenic microorganisms that have affected the mucous membranes of the throat and nose, where they multiply. If they die, then the toxins that are released come into the baby's blood. His body is resisting this process, as a result of which the liquid ceases to be released from the affected cells. Its excess accumulates in the cells and causes puffiness, resulting in respiratory cramps and nasal congestion.
Antibacterial drugs for rhinitis and wet cough are not indicated. In addition, it is very dangerous to use them for a child's body. But with prolonged coughing and rapid breathing, the doctor prescribes to the child Amoxicillin in the form of tablets or injections of salt of penicillin procaine.
When using injections, the drug is administered intramuscularly in a hospital setting. As a rule, children are prescribed injections of benzylpenicillin.
Read how to rinse your nose with an aquamarine baby.
Here you can read about the treatment of snoring in women.
Reviews on the use of Ambroxol from cough: http: //prolor.ru/g/lechenie/ ambroksol-pri-kakom-kashle-prinimat.html.
When barking cough and cyanosis occur( skin becomes blue due to a lack of oxygen in the blood), or the baby can not drink on its own, then it is urgently necessary to send it to the hospital where he is injected with benzylpenicillin with gentamycin or chloramphenicol. Thus, we can safely say that this combination of drugs is a real child antibiotic.
For children's antibacterial drug, the following qualities are inherent:
- A soft but effective effect on the children's body.
- A pleasant and sweet taste if the antibiotic is used in the form of a suspension. In this case, the baby will take the drug without tears and hysterics.
Antibiotics for coughing, runny nose temperature in a child can be used if it feels bad, and also has a sore throat. As a result, the doctor may prescribe the following drugs:
- Amoxiclav, Augmentin, Flemoxin Solutab .They should be involved in the therapeutic process, when the child's cough is dry and wet. If the presented group of drugs did not have the desired effect, then it is necessary to replace them with others. By reference, you can read whether it is possible to drink Flemoxin Solutab with angina.
- Cefataxime, Cefuroxime .They should be used with the previous antibacterial treatment, when the baby took the drug 2-3 months ago. In addition, these drugs can be prescribed only if there is no result from taking the previously indicated antibiotics( penicillins).
- Azithrocycin, Clarithromycin, Sumamed is a group of macrolides that refer to active medicines for the removal of airway inflammation in small patients. Here it is described how azithromycin is used in sinusitis.
- Fluoroquinolones may not be prescribed to all babies, since drugs can lead to a disruption in the development of cartilaginous tissue and their accumulation in the bones.
Parents should not prescribe drugs to their children. This can only be done by a doctor after passing the appropriate diagnosis. After all, each case requires its own antibacterial therapy. When prescribing a medicine, the doctor takes into account the age of the patient, the cause of the pathology and where the child could get sick. Sometimes colds can provoke chlamydia or mycoplasma, then it is necessary to influence these bacteria with completely different preparations.
If it is necessary to eliminate a pediatric rhinitis, then it is necessary to use antibiotics of local action. Their action is aimed at treating the area where inflammation is present. Such drugs are much easier to carry a child's body, since the percentage of formation of side effects is minimized. Antibiotics in the common cold can be produced in the form of drops or sprays. The most effective are:
- Neomycin - antibiotic-aminoglycoside. The drug is used as a drop in the nose, and it is also permitted to make tampons with a solution of antibacterial medication. Such an antibiotic can eliminate a viral infection.
- Novoimanin is a naturally occurring drug whose action is directed to the regeneration of the nasal mucosa. An antibiotic can eliminate staphylococci. Apply as ordinary drops.
- Scramecitin - nasal drops used for chronic rhinitis and sinusitis.
- Bioparox is a preparation in the form of a spray. Spray for the throat and nose Bioparox perfectly copes with fungal infections and bacteria. Has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. Here you can read whether Bioparox can be used for children up to a year.
When it is advisable to prescribe the drug
If it is necessary to eliminate the cough, the antibacterial drugs will give a positive effect only if the cause of the disease is bacteria. To identify the type of pathogenic microorganism that struck the respiratory tract, it is necessary to make an analysis of the mucus to be separated. In addition, it is important to determine the susceptibility of bacteria to certain types of antibiotics. Only after receiving the results of all tests the doctor can prescribe a certain antibacterial drug, the action of which guarantees obtaining a positive result.
Antibiotics for rhinitis are advisable to appoint only if this symptom has acquired a chronic form and provoked rhinitis or sinusitis. Here is described the treatment of sinusitis with antibiotics.
The video tells about antibiotics for cough and cold:
These medications are prescribed in order to overcome the inflammatory process that has arisen because of bacteria. Distinguish drugs that have a natural or semi-synthetic origin, and their effect is aimed at suppressing the simplest microorganisms.
Distinguish bactericidal antibiotics, the purpose of which is to eliminate the microorganism with its further excretion from the body. As a result, bacteria do not just die, but also stop multiplying. With such antibiotic treatment it is possible not only to eliminate the cause of the common cold, but also to develop antibodies to harmful bacteria.
Coryza and coughing - it's always unpleasant, so every person tries to eliminate them as soon as possible. But do not hurry in this matter. In order to get the necessary effect from antibiotics, it is necessary to pass the diagnosis first and pass all the tests. Only then the doctor will be able to make the treatment with the maximum benefit for the patient.