Angina or acute tonsillitis is called inflammation of the tonsils - the organs that are part of the lymphoid system of the body and who stand guard over his health. It affects both adults and children at any time of the year: in winter, cold air penetrates the larynx and weakens local immunity, and in summer the cause of the disease can be ice cold drinks and ice cream. Subcooling weakens local immunity, resulting in the body losing its ability to resist the attack of pathogens, and becomes ill. Here you can get acquainted with the types and symptoms of angina. Here it is described how to treat lacunar angina.
- 1 Does
- 2 Help
- 3 Treatment How to apply
- 4 The most effective prescriptions
- 5 Contraindications
Help Acute tonsillitis is an infectious disease and therefore contagious. It is caused by viruses or bacteria and requires treatment under the supervision of a doctor. Especially often there is acute tonsillitis i
For the treatment of angina, the doctor will appoint a whole therapeutic complex, which will certainly include antiviral or antibacterial drugs, antipyretics and various sprays. Ignore their reception in any case impossible for the reasons described above. Does this mean that folk techniques should be completely excluded? On the contrary, the patient will probably be recommended rinsing and compresses. They are not able to overcome bacteria and viruses, but they help to bring the moment of recovery closer, will ease the pain in the throat, improve the general condition of the patient, prevent stagnant processes in the respiratory system, remove the perspiration and return the voice. If the course of the disease is complicated by a cough, then the compress will help get rid of it.
The video tells how to do a compress with angina:
What is a compress? This is a kind of medical dressing, which can be applied as natural extracts and infusions, as well as various medications. What kind of compress can I do? There are a huge number of types of compresses used to treat tonsillitis:
Alcohol and vinegar compresses can not be strictly used to treat children - penetrating through the pores into the body, they can cause severe poisoning instead of the expected relief.
What is the effectiveness of compress? First of all, in warming the inflamed area, causing blood flow. In this case, the substances used in applying the dressing contribute to the expansion of the capillaries not only in the skin but also in the internal organs( in the case of tonsillitis in the tonsils), which in turn helps to remove puffiness, promote the elimination of toxins,excruciating pain.
Following the gradual removal of the inflammation, the general condition of the patient will improve - the temperature will decrease, the headache will pass, and weakness and dizziness will decrease.
The video tells whether and how to compress the angina:
How to properly apply
In tonsillitis, the so-called wet compresses are applied, imposing which must be followed such a sequence:
- Skin cleansing is necessary in order for the active substance to penetrate into the tissues of organs without obstruction. If the patient becomes fevered and sweats, before applying the compress it is necessary to wipe it with a warm wet towel.
- Apply the active substance: take a large cut of clean, already washed gauze, roll it several times to get a thick layer, moisten in a medicine, attach to the throat. The area of application must necessarily grasp the amygdala, but the thyroid gland should be left open.
- Top cover with compress paper, and then with a thick layer of cotton wool.
- The entire construction is fixed with a bandage, scarf or folded several times with a handkerchief.
This bandage can be left overnight - it will warm the sore throat and ease the patient's breathing. It is better to update it every two or three hours in the daytime.
Treatment with compresses can be carried out only after consultation with the attending physician and his approval, since with purulent forms of angina( with purulent angina)-streptococcal and staphylococcal - the use of warm compressions is prohibited. This can promote the growth of the number of bacteria and their spread throughout the body.
For its treatment, antibiotics are usually prescribed. By reference, you can read what antibiotics to take with purulent angina.
Read how to cure laryngitis in a child.
Learn how to stop a night cough in a child.
Reviews about cough syrup Stod: http: //prolor.ru/g/lechenie/ sirop-ot-kashlya-stodal.html.
The most effective recipes of
Most of the prescription healing dresses that have come down to us have been tested for centuries and tested by several generations of our ancestors. Your attention is offered a few of the most effective ways of preparing medical dressings, which are better to write out and save if necessary.
- Alcohol bandage .This is the most affordable and common, and therefore the most popular compress, which can be prepared from a vodka sold at any store. To make it simple enough - you just moisten the gauze in vodka and put it on your throat, then cover it with special paper or a plastic bag, top with cotton wool and wrapped with bandage. To enhance the heat transfer of the compress, it is recommended to warm it with a soft scarf on top. If the house has pure alcohol, it must be diluted 1: 1.Children older than three years of alcoholic compresses( only by prescription of the doctor) are made based on the proportion of 1: 3.In alcohol you can add a tablespoon - it has a resolving and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Compress from cabbage leaves and honey .Since ancient times cabbage is used as a strong absorbent. Before applying it to the throat, cabbage leaves should be slightly repulsed with a kitchen hammer or ground with a knife - this is necessary in order for the vegetable to start producing juice. Above, the leaves are smeared with a small amount of honey and covered with another leaf of cabbage. Then the procedure is carried out according to the general scheme. This bandage, which simultaneously has a warming and absorbing effect, can be left overnight.
- Compress from the curd .This type of treatment is very popular not only in Russia, but also in European countries. Two hundred grams of cheese curd at room temperature should be applied to the sore throat and fixed. The bandage should be left for the night - it has excellent pulling properties.
- Compress from the potato .3-4 potatoes cook "in a uniform", add a tablespoon of vegetable oil, crush the potato. The resulting puree spread on gauze so that it covers the required area, from above drip a few drops of honey, attach to the throat and fix it. Compress should be done quickly, as iodine very quickly evaporates.
- Compresses with essential oils .You can use plant oils that have antiseptic properties - tea tree, lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, sage, chamomile. Five drops of oil diluted in 200 ml of water, moistened with gauze in it, squeezed well and applied according to a standard algorithm. Change every 1-1,5 hours. Children can wear such bandages only in the absence of allergies.
- Drug compresses .For them, you can use drugs such as Dimexide( diluted in water in a 1: 1 ratio) and camphor oil( a few drops on a glass of water).Do not use on children, pregnant or elderly.
On the video - a compress of cottage cheese with angina:
Children under one year can not do any compresses - in this case they can have unpredictable effect.
There are many popular ways to treat angina. Here is described the treatment of lacunar angina. Here you can read about the folk remedies for treatment of angina in children.
There are a number of diseases in which treatment with bandages is prohibited. These include:
- , oncological diseases;
- local skin lesions( cuts, scratches, wounds);
- rash of any origin, as well as skin diseases: erysipelas, eczema, lichen, furuncles, etc.;
- chronic heart and circulatory system diseases;
- atherosclerosis with cerebral vascular lesions;
Pregnant and lactating women are better to make compresses using natural remedies, the alcohol bandage is made in a proportion of 1: 3.
With the right approach, compresses take on an important part of the treatment for sore throats, so you can not underestimate their role. They accelerate the process of recovery and prevent the transition of the disease to the chronic stage, and also reduce the external manifestations of the disease. Before you do a compress, you need to consult a doctor, because uncontrolled self-medication can significantly worsen a patient's condition.