Inflammation of the nasal mucosa, accompanied by stuffiness, shortness of breath, sneezing, is called a runny nose. This simple and safe( erroneous opinion of many) disease can be isolated, and can accompany other pathologies. Treatment of the common cold should be done correctly, especially in infants, because there is a risk of serious complications.
What children's drops from the cold are the most effective, you can learn from this article.
- 1 Types rhinitis
- 2 Runny nose in infants - especially flow
- 3 Symptoms of rhinitis
- 4 Examinations
- 5 Treatment of the common cold in children under one year
- 5.1 Pharmacotherapy
- 5.2 Traditional methods
- 6 How dangerous a runny nose in children under one year
- 7 Video
Rhinitis- often diagnosed inflammation of the nasal mucosa in children. They are sick and teenagers, and children of school age, and newborns / babies. In medicine, it
- Infectious. It occurs against the background of influenza, measles, acute respiratory-viral infection.
- Catarrhal( chronic).It lasts a long time, is characterized by stuffy nose, which worries children day and night.
- Allergic. All the signs of the common cold appear periodically and are related, most often, to the seasons of the year - for example, spring blooms in the spring, poplar fluff flies in the summer, and ambrosia blooms in the autumn.
- Vasomotor. It is diagnosed in children with weakened immunity, for which even a small draft, provided that warm clothing is available, can grow into a runny nose.
How to properly use aloe juice from the common cold to children under one year, you can learn from the contents of this article.
In the case of acute rhinitis( runny nose), three stages of rhinitis can be diagnosed:
- is dry;
- is damp;
Runny nose in infants - features of
Newborns are characterized by the development of a physiological rhinitis - a condition that is associated with the adaptation of the nasal mucosa to the surrounding world and independent breathing. In the womb of the mother, breathing through the mouth and nose was not carried out by the child - oxygen came through the blood through the umbilical cord. After birth, the body must get used to( adapt to the period of adaptation) to the new conditions of life and the mucous membrane of the nose simply "calculates" the right amount of mucus that must be produced. It is during this period that the baby can have nasal congestion, the presence of mucus.
What drops from the cold and nasal congestion are best, you can learn from the article.
With a physiological cold, the child does not experience discomfort and behaves absolutely calmly, therefore, fever, moods and sleep disturbance can not be associated with this condition.
Symptoms of the common cold
There are symptoms for every stage of acute rhinitis( cold):
- at the beginning of the disease( dry stage) - dryness in the nasal passages, the patient experiences unpleasant sensations( "scratches"), frequent sneezing, develops a headache of a non-intensive nature;
- moist stage - mucus begins to accumulate in the nasal passages of light color, the mucous membrane becomes swollen and there is complete nasal congestion;
- purulent - discharge from the nose acquires a yellowish-green tint, a stretchy and viscous structure.
At any stage of acute rhinitis, the above symptoms are accompanied by headache, general weakness, children are capricious and require increased attention from adults.
Acute rhinitis is highly treatable, and in some cases even completely without medication and medication. If the runny nose lasts more than 3 weeks, then the risk of the disease transition to the chronic stage rises many times.
What to do when the nose swells without a runny nose and how to deal with this problem, what medicines and methods are indicated in the article.
Runny nose in children before the year is diagnosed by the pediatrician already when examining the nasal passages - there is hyperemia( redness) of the mucosa, its swelling and the presence of mucus. In some cases, instrumental methods of examining a child can be used, and for consultation, more narrow specialists are invited-for example, an allergist, an infectious disease specialist.
The physician should differentiate the common cold from infectious diseases, in which the symptoms may be similar - for example, diphtheria, measles.
The child has a runny nose and sneezing, but there is no temperature, what to do about it and how to help the child help to understand the article.
Treatment of a runny nose in children up to the year
A feature of the common cold in children up to a year is a problem in its treatment. The fact is that the baby is unable to blow his nose and the mucus is difficult to exit - it accumulates in the nasal passages, which can lead to a rapid development of the chronic form of rhinitis. Parents can help the child by the following procedures:
- to provide in the child's room the necessary humidity - you can use special moisturizers or arrange containers with water, hang a wet rag over batteries;
- regularly cleanse the nose of mucus with the help of cotton flagella at the age of up to 9 months or an aspirator for older children.
Many parents instill mother's breast milk into the nasal passages, because it is believed that it has antibacterial properties - it's a mistake! It is much more effective to apply for instillation a weak salt solution( 5 g of salt per half a cup of water).
What inexpensive remedy for a common cold for children are used most often, you can learn from the article.
Treatment of a runny nose in children aged 1-12 months can last 3 and 4 days, but most often the parents celebrate their final recovery one week after the start of the procedure.
If the runny nose is present in an infant, the treatment should be exceptionally safe - in no case should you use drops and aerosols / sprays recommended for older children!
For babies aged 3 months, you can use Nazivin drops - they have a vasoconstrictive effect. If the baby is already 5 months old, it is possible to dilute the accumulated mucus in the nasal passages with a physiological sodium chloride solution and then perform a liquid aspiration procedure( aspiration).To the best tools for treatment at the age of 5-6 months can be referred to Otrivin, Xylen and Vibrocil. In the period from 7 months and older, you can safely drip Interferon - it has not only therapeutic, but also preventive action. It is also possible to take homeopathic remedies agreed with the doctor.
What to do, when the sniffle disappears after the cold, information from the article will help to understand.
Which remedy for a cold is better for a child - the doctor decides!
Official medicine fully approves the use of folk methods in the treatment of colds in children under one year. The most effective tools include:
- rinsing of the nasal passages with saline solution;
- instill 1 drop several times a day of aloe / calanchoe juice;
- inhalation with decoctions of medicinal herbs( sage, chamomile, thyme).
Folk methods can be used to treat the common cold in children from 8 months of age and not earlier! A inhalation - with a 10-month.
What to do when the throat pain when swallowing, but there is no temperature, you can find out by reading the article.
What is dangerous for the common cold in children before the year
Many parents mistakenly believe that a rhinitis( rhinitis) does not pose a danger to the child and generally passes "by itself".But the statistics claim the opposite:
- untreated acute rhinitis quickly passes into a chronic stage, which is difficult to treat and constantly recurs;
- at 7 months of age, the runny nose can develop into purulent sinusitis;
- at 9-12 months of age increases the risk of sinusitis.
How to cure a runny nose when breastfeeding with mom, will help to know the content of the article.
In addition, a prolonged runny nose leads to a violation of sleep in the child, his whims and irritability. Due to the fact that the baby can not breathe properly, the breastfeeding( or artificial) mode is also broken - the child does not eat the right amount of milk / mixture, loses weight, signs of disturbances in the digestive system appear.
What antibiotics for cough and cold are the best and quickly help, you can understand reading the article.
Watch a video about three ways to clean a baby's nose:
Runny nose in children under one year old is a disease that can be treated at home. Pediatricians should be consulted in case of fever, cough or other symptoms of an infectious disease.