The article will acquaint you with the causes of the development of diaper dermatitis in children and adults. Also you will get acquainted with the information on the ways of treating this problem.
Diaper dermatitis is an inflammation of dermatological integuments that develops due to permanent mechanical,chemical and physical effects of the diaper, diaper and emptying on the child's epidermis. Most often, ecthima affects very young children, who are constantly in a diaper.
But there are cases when the development of inflammatory processes provoke products that are introduced into the lure for the baby. Because of this feature it can be very difficult to determine for what reason the baby has started film dermatitis. But still, if you are careful about the health of your child, then the disease can be cured quickly enough.
Usually, ectyma begins with a banal redness of the skin. It can be quite small spots, with uneven edges. If at this stage do not take appropriate measures, then harmless inflammation will begin to itch and hurt.
There are three types of PD:
• Easy stage. On the pope and in the groin may appear slightly reddening, which disappear immediately after bathing
• Middle stage. Affected areas of the epidermis are highly inflamed and appear on the pustules and cracks
• Severe stage. Skin is covered with blisters, ulcers, edema develops. The temperature of the body can also increase
The most important reason for the appearance of an ectema is the untimely replacement of a diaper or diaper. And since the skin of the baby is very tender, the aggressive environment of feces and urine begins to cause irritation, which eventually turns into diaper dermatitis.
reasons, provoking the development of PD:
• Rare replacement diaper
• Poor inlet air to the dermatological festival of the Protection
• Mechanical effects on the skin
• Poor wash diapers
• Failure to conduct water
procedures • presence in the body baby harmful bacteria
The most important symptom of dermatitis is reddening, which does not disappear even after washing or bathing. Usually, redness affects the ass, hips and genitals of the child. Most often the irritation has a pronounced red color, and the picture can be supplemented by ulcers and flaky skin.
In the event that the baby has a rotten, the temperature may rise. As soon as the child begins to act as an ecstema, he becomes restless, poorly eats and practically does not sleep
Of course, if the child has redness on the skin, immediately run to the doctor is not necessary. If the baby feels relatively normal, then you can try to repair the defect yourself.
• Change the diaper immediately after emptying
• Use hypoallergenic soap
for soaking • Apply
anti-inflammatory cream to affected areas • Do not wear the diaper until the cream is absorbed
If you want as quickly as possiblenormalize the skin condition of the child, then use ready-made pharmacy products for treatment. So you can be sure that do not harm a little person even more.
After all, even the most harmless decoction of medicinal herbs, if used improperly, can trigger the appearance of an allergic rash, and then you will have to deal with two problems at the same time.
Remedies that work well:
Most often, the cream is used to prevent the onset of the disease and to treat the easiest stage. The best option in this case will be Drapolen. It effectively disinfects the inflamed epidermis, and also softens and moisturizes the skin of the
The most effective are ointments made on the basis of zinc oxide. They have quite good tightening properties. Also PD antimicrobial and antifungal drugs are well treated. In any pharmacy you will find Drapolen, Bepanthe and Pantoderm
• Powders from diaper dermatitis. Of course, the correct application of this remedy helps to prevent all sorts of inflammatory processes, but if the child has dermatitis, then it is necessary to apply the powder very carefully. In case you will apply the product on the wet foci, it will interfere with the normal access of air
Baby powder is a soft, slightly greasy powder, gray-white in color. As a rule, it contains high-quality starch, talc and zinc oxide.
• Useful properties: The quality product effectively adsorbs excess moisture, slightly dries and cools the dermatological cover, relieves itching and anesthetizes
• Negative qualities: A poor quality product can further injure the affected areas
Dermatitis of this kindusually develops in children up to a year or in older children, who have been treated for a long time with strong antibiotics. Most often it begins with a kind of sweat, which eventually becomes blistered and curdled.
If the baby has such symptoms, then immediately consult a doctor, because in order to properly choose the treatment you need to make a bacterial culture. Usually only he can tell exactly what is the causative agent of the infection.
Candida infection is most often caused by yeast-like bacteria of the genus Candida. Usually this disease affects children with weakened immunity. Infect the child can from the mother during feeding or by airborne droplets.
If you want to protect your child from this disease, then strictly adhere to the rules of hygiene. Before feeding, wash your hands and chest, also do not forget to sterilize baby bottles, spoons and nipples. Be sure to iron all the clothes baby from two sides.
Candidiasis • Regular replacement of the diaper
• Wash after each emptying
• Make air baths at least twice a day
• Treatment of inflamed areas with therapeutic ointments
• The baby should be in the diaper for the shortest time
The appearance of an allergic inflammation or as it is called diathesis, often provoke the same pathogenic bacteria as ordinary dermatitis. This disease is not considered hereditary, as very often it appears against a background of various allergic reactions, pollinosis and conjunctivitis.
If the disease is not very aggressive, then you can treat it at home. Get rid of this problem well help corticosteroid drugs. They block the growth of pathogenic microflora and reduce the likelihood of exacerbation of the disease.
This kind of dermatitis can be attributed to chronic diseases. Usually it develops in those places where there are sebaceous glands. In short, such an ecthima can affect absolutely any part of the body, except the palms and the soles of the feet. The most common form of the disease is ordinary dandruff.
Methods of treatment of the disease:
• We eliminate the clinical manifestations of
• My head with
antifungal shampoo • We take
medications • Do physiotherapeutic procedures
• Adhere to the special diet
If your baby has become whimsical and whiny for no apparent reason, then carefully inspect his dermatological cover. In case you find red and purple pockets on the skin, covered with flaking skin and cracks, do not delay, start treatment. Usually the correct treatment gives a positive result after five days, if this did not happen, then be sure to take the child to the clinic.
Basic treatment rules:
• Ensure that the diaper is always dry
• Do not overheat
• We use antibacterial and antiseptic drugs
for treatment • If necessary, give the child antibiotics
Treat ecthim, and especially neglected, is hard enough, so it's best to do everything so that this disease does not affect the baby's body. Try to carefully monitor the hygiene of the baby, and in case of skin changes, try to get rid of problems in the shortest possible time.
• Buy only high-quality cosmetics
• Treat the epidermis with special creams and powder
• Keep the child drinking enough water
• Correctly insert new products into the baby's diet
If you want the skinthe baby has always been healthy, then help her properly protect the body, as well as promote free air access to dermatological cover.
It is very important to maintain the protective properties of the epidermis in a normal state, because because of the fact that the young children have very soft skin, they quickly become infected.
Recommendations for care:
• Keep the child's room at a constant temperature
• Daily conduct water procedures
• Treat the epidermis with moisturizing agents
• Pay special attention to inguinal, cervical and popliteal folds
Now in any pharmacy or specialist storeyou can find quite a lot of different diapers. Most often they differ only in price and quality. Usually young parents prefer the most advertised models. But when buying a diaper, first of all, one must pay attention to its quality, and only then to the one who produced it.
• Composition. A quality diaper can be made solely from natural materials
• Sexual separation. Do not buy universal models at all, better find diapers for girls or for boys
• Absorption. Choose models that have the highest water absorption characteristics of
• Size. When buying a diaper, pay attention not to age, but to the weight of
• Additives. It's better that the diaper is not flavored. Synthetic additives can cause an allergic reaction
Ecthima can affect not only young children. Sometimes this disease develops and adults. Most often it happens with sick people, unable to control bowel movements and urination.
It is usual to put a diaper on a lying patient or lay it on a special diaper. Due to constant contact of the skin and emptying, the covers begin to erupt and become inflamed.
Reasons for the appearance of PD:
• Regular use of enzymes that enhance the work of the digestive tract
• Continuously finding in the diaper
• Poor immunity
• Prolonging diseases
The treatment of an adult person is practically the same as treating small children. In this case, the main thing to adhere to all the rules of hygiene, and also in time to treat the skin with anti-inflammatory and healing ointments and creams.
For her itching it is possible to prepare herbal decoctions. Also, anti-histamine soothing drugs are well removed.
The first degree of ecthyma can be completely treated with folk remedies. Most often, medicinal herbs are prepared from medicinal plants and added to bath water. This procedure softens the skin and reduces inflammation.
Herbs that help treat PD:
With the first symptoms of developing ecthymia, immediately begin treatment. If you miss the right moment, it may happen that a secondary infection will join the dermatitis, and then you will have to treat deep layers of the skin.
• Keep the powder to a minimum
• Discard diaper diapers
• Take Vitamin D
for prophylaxis • Regularly wash the baby
Vladlena : I prefer to treat the child with a drugstore. Therefore, if there are any problems, I immediately go to the pediatrician, and then to the pharmacy. If you do not pull, then dermatitis can be cured quickly enough.
Ustiniya : And it seems to me that hygiene is the most important thing in this business. I always try to wash and bathe my son in time. Also do not forget to periodically moisturize the skin with baby creams. While everything seems normal.
© 2018 Med advice. All rights reserved