One of the most effective methods of getting rid of bothersome cough is considered to be inhalation. Home-based opportunities for this effective procedure have significantly improved the modern device - a nebulizer. A lot of positive feedback on the application and recognition of leading specialists, as well as the availability of specialized treatment at home, all this speaks for this unique equipment.
There are two types of nebulizers: compression and ultrasonic.
Each model has its own peculiarities and disadvantages. Ultrasonic technology is perfect for home use thanks to its compact dimensions and quiet operation. In turn, this device can not be inhaled using antibacterial or hormonal drugs. For these purposes, a compression version of the nebulizer is best suited. Despite the large size and significant noise level during operation, this type of nebulizer better breaks up the active substance into small particles.
- 1 How to do the procedure
- 1.1 Nuances of working with the
- 2 device What solutions are used to treat
- 2.1 Anti-inflammatory drugs
- 3 Tips Komarovsky
How to do the procedure
Use of medications for inhalation should be agreed with the attending physician. Correctly diagnosing the disease, the expert will give an opinion on the appropriateness of using a particular medicine. In general, nebulizer inhalations are well tolerated by patients, but there are a number of contraindications in which such procedures are prohibited. If you experience one of these conditions or ailments, it is better to refrain from using the device and find other methods of treatment.
It is better not to use a nebulizer if the patient has:
- Elevated body temperature, more than 37.5 º C;
- Sputum with pus stands out;
- Nasal bleeding;
- Respiratory failure, including emphysema;
- Cardiovascular pathologies.
With caution should be used inhalation for children up to a year. All procedures should be coordinated with a pediatrician.
On video - inhalations with a dry cough nebulizer:
When carrying out inhalation procedures nebulizer, you must adhere to a number of rules. As in the work with any equipment, especially for medical purposes, it is necessary to strictly adhere to elementary safety rules. Do not use a defective or damaged appliance, use other power sources other than those specified by the manufacturer, or use the device for other purposes. When carrying out inhalations to children, the procedure must be supervised by an adult who is familiar with the operational characteristics of the device. Following these simple rules and knowing some features of the device, you can successfully perform treatment at home. Read how to make radish with honey from cough.
The reasons for snoring in women are described here.
Reviews about syrup from cough Liekas: http: //prolor.ru/g/lechenie/ sirop-ot-kashlya-linkas.html.
Nuances of working with the
- The inhalation session is conducted no earlier than half an hour after a meal;
- It is recommended to take food not earlier than 40 minutes after the procedure;
- Maximum periodicity of inhalation - every 4-6 hours;
- The maximum duration of the course is 10 days, after a break;
- Wash and disinfect the device after each use;
- It is very important to observe personal hygiene: before hand inhalation it is good to wash your hands, after the procedure, you must wash your face of the remnants of the medicine;
- It is advisable to keep from talking, although being half an hour after inhalation;
- Do not go outside immediately after the procedure;
- The nebulizer does not use oil mixtures and solutions that leave a residue;
- The inhalation solution should be slightly heated before use.
These recommendations are common when working with each type of nebulizer and any of the medications. Compliance with these recommendations is mandatory, otherwise there is no guarantee of the effectiveness of the procedure and its safety for health. Do not take risks by increasing the dose of medication or the duration of the procedure. With inhalations, the nebulizer has a good therapeutic effect, so an artificial reduction in the course of treatment will lead to an unexpected result.
What solutions to use for the treatment of
The choice and dosage of solutions for inhalation is selected by the physician for each individual patient separately. Do not exceed the recommended dose "for a quick result": in such cases, it is difficult to predict the consequences, but the risk will not be justified.
The following inhalation formulations are used in treatment, which differ in dosage and can be used at different ages. The final decision will be made by a doctor, our information can not serve as a guide to self-treatment.
For the treatment of dry cough inflammatory in children:
|No.:||Product name:||Dosage for different age||Dosage of saline solution for dilution:|
|From 12 years:||From 6 to 12 years:||Up to 6 years:|
|1||Berodual.||2 ml( 40 drops).||1 ml( 20 drops).||0.5 ml( 10 drops).||3 ml.|
|2.||Beroteka.||0.5-1 ml.||0,25-0,5 ml( for children weighing 22-36 kg).||Not used.||Dilute to a total volume of 3-4 ml.|
|3.||Salgima.||2.5 ml not more than four times a day.||Not used.|
|4.||of the Trovent.||0.5 ml.||0.25 ml.||0.1-0.25 ml.||Dilute to a total volume of 3-4 ml.|
|5.||Ambrobe, lazolvan, ambroxol.||2 ml.||1 ml.||0.5 ml.||Diluted in equal quantities with the drug.|
Under the link, you can read in detail how to make a solution for inhalation with Lazolvanom. Sometimes drugs do not add, and do inhalation saline with a cough nebulizer.
Anti-inflammatory drugs well remove the mucosal edema and prevent the progression of pathological processes in the bronchi and lungs.
Natural preparations have the following contraindications:
- Individual intolerance;
- Allergic reactions;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Severe lung injury.
Any of these conditions require a doctor's prior consultation. Perhaps, even in the presence of contraindications to use a nebulizer, only with another solution.
- Rotokan is used as a mixture of 1 ml of the drug diluted in 3 ml of saline.
- Propolis for one inhalation is taken from the calculation of 1 ml of medicine and 2 ml of saline. Do not use for any manifestations of allergies to beekeeping products.
- Malavit : 1 ml is diluted with 3 ml.saline solution. It is used three times a day.
- Eucalyptus well helps in the dosage of 10-15 drops in 2 ml of saline. Can not be used for bronchial asthma.
- Calendula in the form of a non-alcoholic phytopreparation in an amount of 1 ml mixed with three milliliters of saline.
- Tonzylgon H is also used for inhalations. Children up to a year old enough 1 ml of the drug, diluted in 3 ml of saline. From year to seven years, 1 ml of the drug in 2 ml of saline. For children older than seven years - 1 ml of medicine in 1 ml of saline.
Inhalations can not replace all treatment, but in combination with other drugs quickly and effectively help to overcome the disease.
Non-drug solutions for home inhalation:
- Simple or sea salt dissolved in water;
- Soda solution;
- Mineral water( mineral water);
- Herbal tea herbs;
- Water with the addition of essential oils( in the absence of allergies).
Do not mix a multicomponent solution, it is better to alternate bronchospasmolytic agents with anti-inflammatory and mukalitic. The gap between the intake of various drugs should be kept for a minimum of half an hour.
Do not use antitussive medications with expectorants. A good effect is given by immunomodulating drugs when used in the form of inhalations. The steam emitted by the nebulizer ensures maximum absorption of drugs and digestibility by the body.
Famous pediatrician Eugene Komarovsky also notes the high effectiveness of inhalations in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the bronchi and pulmonary system. There is one nuance of using it is the "nebulizer": the device splits the drug solution into tiny particles that penetrate deep into the lungs. That is why, according to Komarovsky, he is very effective in treating inflammations and diseases of the pulmonary system: asthma, tuberculosis or chronic pneumonia.
On the video - about inhalations with a dry cough nebulizer to children tells Dr. Komarovsky:
For the upper respiratory tract is best suited inhalation with larger particles of the drug, so banal ORVI or runny nose nebulizer will not cure.
Inhalations - effectively affect the inflammatory processes in the lower respiratory tract and are good additional procedures in the complex treatment of pulmonary diseases. A wide range of medicines and traditional medicine allow choosing a medicine for any age. The advantage of the nebulizer will be the possibility of delivering the medicine directly to the lesion. With its help, you can refuse intramuscular administration of antibiotics, hormonal and antihistamines. The nebulizer proved to be effective in the complex treatment of dry cough inflammatory in children. On the link you can read what to do with inhalation with laryngitis nebulizer. Also read what inhalations can be done with genyantritis. And here it is described, what inhalations to do at a damp cough nebulizer to children. Also read how to do inhalation during pregnancy against the common cold.