Ear infections are not as common as colds, but they cause unpleasant sensations. Few know what to do in case of pain and what symptoms indicate a different disease. In adults, the treatment of such diseases occurs under the supervision of a doctor, self-medication should not be dealt with, otherwise, in very difficult cases, one can lose hearing in order to avoid this, we list the most common diseases, their causes, symptoms and treatment.
- 1 Causes
- 2 ear disease symptoms and treatment of diseases
- 2.1 otogennyh sepsis
- 2.1.1 Symptoms
- 2.1.2 Treatment
- 2.2 Otitis
- 2.3 Treatment of Ear Bleeding
- 2.4 Deafness
- 2.4.1 Treatment
- 2.5 otomycosis
- 2.5.1 Treatment
- 2.6 Ear mites
- 2.7 cerumen
- 2.8 neuritis
- 2.8.1 Treatment
- 2.9 Otosclerosis
- 2.1 otogennyh sepsis
Treatment Causes WHOabsence of ear diseases
Prerequisites for the occurrence of such diseases may be infections or other factors. Sometimes earaches can appear as a result of complications after other illnesses or damage to the hearing aid itself.
Common causes of ear diseases are:
- Sinusitis or tonsillitis, especially their chronic form. If they are not treated for a long time, this can lead to the spread of the infection. She can reach even the middle ear.
- Lower body temperature leads to narrowing of the vessels, and such conditions are very favorable for the reproduction of bacteria that lead to the inflammatory process.
- The destruction of the tympanic membrane, a violation of its integrity, resulting from injury.
- Jaw pathologies can affect the condition of the inner ear.
- Cervical osteochondrosis.
- Inflammation of the tonsils.
- Acute forms of viral and colds.
- Allergic reactions.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Inaccurate or very frequent removal of sulfur by mechanical means.
- Failure in the blood circulation of the brain.
- Presence of foreign body or obstruction of ear.
- Too much physical effort.
- Disorders of the endocrine system.
- Decreased immunity due to unbalanced nutrition, lack of vegetables and fruits in it.
- Dental diseases.
All these factors worsen resistance of the body to various infections.
Symptoms and treatment of diseases
Pain sensations occur suddenly, a person immediately can not guess what the problem is and waiting for the pain to pass by itself, but the delay in treatment is fraught with consequences. To determine what disease is disturbing at the moment, knowledge of the symptomatology will help.
Occurs as a result of penetration into the ear of infections, accompanied by a serious degree of inflammation, with it from the purulent part of the ear, harmful bacteria penetrate into the veins of the temporal part and sinuses. Such a disease occurs mainly in people under 30 years old.
These are: tachycardia, shortness of breath, general weakness of the body, lowering blood pressure, fever of the body or chills. These symptoms can be confused with a cold, but in fact they are the first signs of sepsis.
As effective drugs against such a disease, antibiotics and antifungal agents are used, including: "Econazol", "Terbinafine" and others.
To successfully treat this disease, you need to turn to Laura in time, otherwise a blood transfusion may be required. Sometimes in the abscess in the ear is inserted drainage and through it the infected masses are removed.
There are three types:
- Labyrinthite - internal otitis media. In this case, the pathogenic bacteria have already settled in the region of the inner ear, and since this part of the hearing aid resembles a labyrinth, it appears in the name. Symptoms: pain and itching in the ear.
- The average otitis media is the most common form of this disease, it affects almost every fourth patient who appeals to lor. The disease passes through three stages: on the first it manifests itself in the form of severe pain and itching, increased body temperature and deterioration of hearing. The second is characterized by the fact that it reduces temperature pain, but bleeding occurs. In the third stage, pus is initially secreted, then it ceases to flow, the hearing noticeably decreases.
- External otitis is accompanied by the appearance of a furuncle on the outer part of the ear .If the disease is a diffuse form, then the inflammation will spread to the tympanic membrane. With this type of otitis, purulent discharge appears, they have an unpleasant odor, in parallel with them, pain in the ear and unbearable itching are felt. Even the opening of the mouth accompanies painful sensations. Touching or pulling the ear is also accompanied by pain.
Otitis can cause various pathogens, such as the virus of the acute respiratory virus and influenza, hemophilic rod, pathogenic fungi and bacteria. The listed malignant pathogens can enter the auricle in several ways:
- Because of the cranial or ulcerative trauma of the ear canal that could lead to the rupture of the tympanic membrane.
- When the membrane, which serves as the protection of the window located in the bony cochlea, swells, the infection can penetrate into the ear.
- Meningitis is a disease of the head that gives its complications to the ears.
Otitis is treated quickly if you seek medical attention at the time, otherwise you can bring on complications that turn into a chronic form of this illness.
Antibiotics and vestibulitics are used to stop internal otitis media. If intracranial complications and purulent clusters are detected during diagnosis, surgical intervention may be required.
It will also be interesting to learn about how to treat ear inflammation at home.
What are the reasons for that.that pawns ears during pregnancy, and what can be done with this problem can be done, is described in great detail in this article.
But what are the best and most popular drops in the ear for removing plugs, and what is their name and application, described in this article: http: //prolor.ru/u/ lechenie-u / kapli-ot-sernoj-probki-v-ushax.html
What to do and what medicine to use if it has laid the ears after the common cold.
Otitis media is treated with vasoconstrictive drops and analgesics, as well as with antibiotics. In the neglected case, a paracentesis can be prescribed, in which pus is excised by puncturing the tympanic membrane.
Therapy for external otitis media consists in the use of disinfectants and anti-inflammatory agents. You can wash the auricle with furicilin or boric acid. Compresses that produce a warming effect are welcome, antibiotics and physical procedures are not excluded. Elementary compress based on vodka is also good for warming, only use alcohol instead.
is used as an antibiotic against otitis media:
- Sofradex( in this article you can find instructions for using ear drops of Sofradex),
- Solutab( helps with angina Flemoxin solutab, helps to understand this article)
- Otofa and others that are appointed depending onvarieties of the disease and degree of damage to the ear.
- Miramistin( and here's how to use Miramistin with laryngitis in children, is described in detail in this article)
- Candide( and this is how to use such an agent for the treatment of ear fungus, it is indicated in this article)
Anti-inflammatory drugs for this disease are special ear drops:
- Otinum( and here's the price of the drops, see this article),
There are times when medication does not give results, then surgical therapy is prescribed, after the operation the patient immediately has an improvement.
Bleeding from the ear
They can occur with a fracture of the bones of the hearing aid and violations of the tympanic membrane. Also, bleeding is often accompanied by purulent tumors and injuries of the middle ear.
The right treatment is prescribed by a doctor, without it you can not self-medicate.
Reduces hearing, which worsens gradually, at the last stage of the disease it is difficult for a patient to distinguish sounds even at a close distance from him. With an easy degree of illness, he can distinguish between whispers, but for this he needs to make efforts.
In the initial stage of the disease, medication is prescribed, which includes the use of funds that improve blood flow to the brain and physiotherapy procedures. A complicated course of the disease requires an operation.
Disease caused by fungus. It has an external and internal form. Moldy fungus is able to penetrate into the ears through scratches, wounds and mucous damages. Contribute to the development of otomycosis such diseases as AIDS, scarlet fever, diabetes mellitus, oncological diseases, a decrease in immunity as a result of prolonged intake of antibiotics.
Symptoms of the disease are:
- Constant itching and noise.
- Formation of plugs and crusts.
- Wet selection.
- Ejaculation of the ear.
- Dryness of skin around the ear.
The main therapy of otomycosis is the intake of vitamins. External secretions and crusts on the ears should be eliminated with soaked in glycerin wadding sticks. Specialists for disinfection of the auricle used Miramistin. In the form of systemic drugs are used: Nitrofungin, Levorin, Exoderyl, Nystatin, Mikogeptin and others.
The disease affects a person rarely, it is called acariasis. Ixodid mites can live in the human ear, but they are temporary, since in such an environment they can not multiply and die in full force. If they are available, to eliminate them you need to wash your ear with saline and 70% alcohol.
The demodex mite is more dangerous, it lives in ringlets, fat glands and outside the ear canal. It causes a disease called demodecosis. The tick affects the skin, it after it inflames and turns red. Therapy of this disease is the use of vasoconstrictive drugs - "Trichopolis", "Ornidazole" and others. Cosmetic procedures can help to eliminate the tick: electrophoresis and laser coagulation.
Many believe that it can be eliminated by using cotton buds, but this is not the case, with a strong ovulation of the ear with gray and fat deposits that together form a stopper, it can be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Pain sensations;
- hearing impairment;
- dizziness and headache;
- sensation of noise, ringing, buzzing in the ear.
Remove the stopper by mechanical methods: curettage, rinsing, aspiration, or dissolve it using special preparations.
Appears as a result of a trauma or ear infections, this disease sometimes occurs during pregnancy, rheumatism, diabetes and other serious illnesses. With it, ear sensitivity is lost, dull ear and headache present.
After a few weeks, the inflammation of the nerve can pass itself to ensure this, you need to bring in food more raw vegetables and fruits. It is necessary to drink a balanced complex of vitamins .
The defeat of the bone capsule of the ear requires immediate treatment. The growth of bone tissue can be observed both on the cochlea and is purely focal. As a result, an obstruction to the passage of sounds is formed in the ear passage. The appearance of noise and the onset of deafness are symptoms of the disease.
Without surgery in this case can not do, stapedoplasty is used, in which the stricken stirrup is removed in the ear and a prosthesis is placed in its place.
The above discussed are frequent ear diseases that result from the penetration of infections or injuries. Symptoms for each disease are different, but if they are detected in time, the treatment will pass quickly and will not cause complications.