Cough is a reflex of the body that aims at removing from the respiratory tract not only dust, but also foreign bodies, as well as mucus. Cough is the response of the body to irritation of the bronchial mucosa. There are many causes of coughing. So, ARI and ARVI often provoke such diseases as: laryngitis, bronchitis, tracheitis and others. All of them are accompanied by a cough. There are two types of cough:
- moist , at which the sputum departs;
- dry , when the patient can not clear his throat. This cough is also called unproductive.
What is the treatment for tracheal cough and what preparations are needed for this, you can learn from this article.
- 1 Traditional recipes drink and compresses
- 1.1 Honey
- 1.2 Milk
- 1.3 Radish
- 1.4 Herbs
- 2 candy recipe
- 3 inhalation with a nebulizer
- 4 Video
People drinking and compresses
recipes cough can overcome traditional methods and at home. But remember: if the cough is accompanied by a temperature, especially high, consultation and examination of the therapist is necessary to rule out more serious diseases.
Traditional medicine has a lot of traditional "grandmother's" recipes that help fight cough. Let's consider some of them.
- It is necessary to take one teaspoon of honey, anise seeds - two tablespoons, a pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients and add 250 milliliters of water, bring the mixture to a boil, leave to cool, after which it must be filtered. If the sick person is an adult, then he needs to use two tablespoons with an interval of two hours, and the kids - one tablespoon each.
- Thoroughly mix these ingredients: honey - two dessert spoons, flour - one dessert spoon, butter( preferably home-made) - two teaspoons, two raw yolks;eat before meals 4 to 5 times during the day.
- The honey compress works well. It is necessary to rub the breasts in the lungs with liquid honey with light movements, and top with parchment paper, then cover the patient with a blanket so that he lies for half an hour in bed. Then remove the parchment, remove the remaining honey with a napkin soaked in warm water, wipe dry, then rub the mixture of eucalyptus oil and sunflower in a ratio of 1: 2 into the skin. Honey that has crystallized can be melted by placing it on a water bath, while the water temperature should not exceed 50 degrees. If this maximum is exceeded, the honey will lose its medicinal properties.
Than to treat a strong cough of bronchitis, you can find out by reading this article.
You should know that in any compress there are three layers:
- wet first layer ( you can moisten the gauze);
- second layer - prevents fluid leak( you can apply oilcloth, parchment paper);
- last - used for warming( scarf, towel, blanket).
Recipes with honey can be used only for people who are not prone to allergic reactions.
How to treat a dry paroxysmal cough in an adult and what medications need to be taken in this case, you can learn from the article.
- Milk and figs are a miracle medicine given to a person by nature to get rid of a cough. It has been used since ancient times for colds and whooping cough. Children take milk-figs decoction with pleasure, since they have excellent taste qualities. Decoction has a diaphoretic and antipyretic effect, removes inflammation of the larynx, bronchitis and tracheitis. To get a decoction well, wash two to four fruits of black or dark purple figs, place it in one glass of milk and boil for one minute. We take a delicious medicine for half an hour before a meal in half a glass in a warm form throughout the day 3-5 times.
- If you take dried figs, then the recipe for preparing the broth will be slightly different. First, the dried washed figs should be poured with cold milk for soaking for half an hour. After that, boil for two minutes and insist for 25 minutes. Decoction of dried fruits take exactly the same as a decoction of fresh figs.
- An effective cough medicine is prepared as follows: in one glass of milk, brought to a boil, add one tablespoon of butter and honey, a pinch of soda and a beaten egg yolk into the foam. All components are thoroughly and quickly mixed and removed from the fire. Drink a freshly prepared warm broth 3 to 5 times a day. This medicine works well with laryngitis when a barking cough occurs.
The child has a cough, sneezing, a runny nose, but there is no temperature, what to do about it, you can learn from this article.
In black radish contains essential oil, which possesses bactericidal properties. This vegetable has an anti-inflammatory property, because it is rich in lysozyme - an antibacterial agent. When taking a radish, the patient recovers faster, because she well dilutes sputum, has an expectorant effect.
- To prepare the medicine you need to squeeze out the juice from the radish, to improve the taste, you can add a little sugar. Children should take from 4 to 7 times throughout the day on a teaspoon, and adults - on a tablespoon.
- The second recipe for preparing a cough remedy is to wash the radish, cut it halfway out, fill it half with honey or sugar and leave it in a warm place for 5-7 hours. When juice appears, you need to express it and take it in the same way as in the previous recipe.
Although radish possesses useful properties, it is necessary to apply it for treatment after consultation with the attending physician, especially if it concerns the child.
How to cure a cough during teething and what medicines, you can learn from this article.
- The herbal recipe recommended by a doctor is considered one of the most effective folk cough remedies. First, to prepare the mixture, carefully mix the ingredients in the following proportions: the althaea root - 45 g, the licorice root - 30 g, the leaves of the mother-and-stepmother - 25 g, the fennel fruits - 20 g. Two tablespoons of this mixture are covered in a thermos andpour a glass of freshly boiled water, then leave it for 11-13 hours for infusion. Ready infusion filter and take 1 / 4-1 / 3 cups throughout the day from 3 to 4 times.
- The second recipe is also prepared from a mixture consisting of such components in the following quantities: leaves of mother-and-stepmother - 45 g, plantain - 35 g, licorice root - 35 g. One tablespoon of herbal mixture is poured with two glasses of freshly boiledwater and left for half an hour for infusion, then filter. Use warm infusion before eating half a cup throughout the day 4 times.
How to cure an asthmatic cough and what medicines, you can find out by reading the article.
Before using herbs to treat a cough, it is necessary to consult with your doctor, and be sure of the tolerability of the used herbal fees.
Recipes for Lollipops
Pharmacies offer a wide range of cough drops. But you can cook healthy lollipops, and without excess chemistry, you can do it yourself. And such a medicine will be as effective as pharmaceutical preparations, especially since the components for the composition are available: 300 grams of honey, one teaspoon of ground ginger and lemon juice in the amount of an incomplete teaspoon, ice molds and wooden sticks will also be needed(can be used from under ice cream).
What are the causes of a strong cough at night in an adult, indicated in the article.
When everything is ready, pour honey into the bowl or pot and add ginger to it, carefully mix everything and put on slow fire. With constant stirring, cook for about two hours. Willingness is checked in this way: drip a drop of liquid on a saucer, if it freezes - the medicine can be considered ready. Before you remove from the fire add lemon juice. The finished medicine is poured into oiled ice molds and wooden sticks are inserted immediately. After two or three hours, delicious and healthy candies are ready.
You can eat up to 5 home cough drops a day.
Inhalation with nebulizer
tablets. The nebulizer is an instrument for inhalation, in which the medicine enters directly into the bronchi and lungs. Inhalation is a very effective method of treatment, because the drugs that penetrate the respiratory tract are absorbed much faster, which means that the therapeutic effect comes faster than when taking the tablets. The nebulizer turns drugs into aerosol, which greatly facilitates getting the drug into the respiratory tract. For carrying out inhalations, various medications can be used.
The baby has bronchitis, but without the temperature, what medicine should be given to the patient is indicated in this article.
- Medicine from cough in the form of powder for children and adults is a phytopreparation for the preparation of a medicinal solution of their anise extracts, licorice root and althea, thermopsis. To prepare the inhalation solution, take one package of the extract and dissolve in 15 ml of saline. Inhalations are carried out three times throughout the day, using for each 3 to 4 ml of the prepared solution. Such inhalations contribute to a good sputum discharge in diseases that are accompanied by a cough.
- Mucaltin is a phytopreparation in tablets containing the althaea root extract. Effective expectorant. To carry out inhalation with mucaltin, take one tablet and dissolve it well in 80 ml of saline. Inhalations are carried out three times a day, using 3-4 ml of the solution.
The 15 best folk recipes from cough in this video:
In addition to folk remedies, plant-based preparations are widely used for coughing, for example, Herbion with primrose or cough syrup of Alteika.
To summarize, I would like to remind you that treatment with the help of prescriptions of traditional medicine as well as with the traditional requires the control of the doctor, especially when the patient is a child.