What is the level of hemoglobin? How to raise or lower hemoglobin in the blood? The norm of hemoglobin - table
The article tells about the level of hemoglobin in the blood and about its norm. Also, ways are given to bring the level of hemoglobin back to normal with the help of folk remedies and proper nutrition.
- What does hemoglobin affect?
- Types of hemoglobin
- How do you know your hemoglobin?
- Hemoglobin norm in males and females
- Hemoglobin norm in adolescents
- Hemoglobin norm in infants
- Hemoglobin in pregnancy
- Glycoglobin table
- What should I do if hemoglobin is low?
- How to raise hemoglobin folk remedies fast?
- Diet with reduced hemoglobin
- How quickly to reduce hemoglobin?
What does hemoglobin affect?
Hemoglobin is an iron-containing protein in the human body, which is responsible for transporting vital elements to the cells of the body. Hemoglobin is part of the blood and is part of the red blood cells.
It is due to hemoglobin that the blood has a rich red color.
The main function of hemoglobin is the delivery o
f oxygen to cells. This is due to the iron content of the hemoglobin protein( heme).
Types of hemoglobin
There are several types of hemoglobin, depending on its functions:
- Oxyhemoglobin. This kind of hemoglobin transports oxygen. It is present in the arterial blood of
- Carboxyhemoglobin. He is responsible for cleaning the cells of carbon dioxide, transporting it to the lungs. Contained in the venous blood
- Hemoglobin types that appear when poisoning with gases and chemicals( sulfgemoglobin, methemoglobin, carbgamobin)
Thus, the amount of hemoglobin in the blood, affects the saturation of cells with oxygen and getting rid of the decay products.
How do you know your hemoglobin?
To determine the level of hemoglobin in the blood, you need to give a general blood test. Among the results will be indicated and the level of hemoglobin in the blood. For the analysis to show the correct result, the following recommendations should be followed:
- A general blood test is given in the morning, on an empty stomach
- You can not drink alcohol 12 hours before taking the
- test. If you smoke, tell the lab technician when you pass the
- test. If you take medications, you should alsoto warn about it the laboratory assistant or doctor
To regularly measure the amount of hemoglobin in the blood, there is a home blood glucose meter. He can measure not only the level of hemoglobin, but, also, the level of glucose and cholesterol.
The norm of hemoglobin in men and women
- Men and women have different rates of hemoglobin. In men, it is somewhat higher. This is due to the biological characteristics of the body of a male
- The body needs more oxygen because of increased muscle mass. In addition, throughout the history of mankind, the male body has been subjected to greater physical exertion than the female
- . In addition to gender differences in hemoglobin, there are age differences. The norm of hemoglobin grows with the age of the person. The older the individual, the higher the level of hemoglobin
. It should be taken into account that the norm of hemoglobin depends on the total body weight. Obese people have a higher rate of hemoglobin in the blood.
The norm of hemoglobin in adolescents
As in the case of adults, the level of hemoglobin in children's blood depends on age. Sexual differences in the level of this protein to 16-18 years are not observed. In infants up to a month, the hemoglobin level is very high, almost like an adult. This is due to the fact that in an intrauterine child the hemoglobin level is identical with the mother organism. Gradually, the hemoglobin level will decrease. Already a two-month-old baby has a hemoglobin rate of only 90-140.Further, in the process of growing up, the level of this protein again begins to increase.
Hemoglobin in the infant
During the first month of life, the level of hemoglobin in the baby is constantly changing
Table that shows the hemoglobin level, depending on sex and age.
Hemoglobin in pregnancy
- Changes in the female body during pregnancy affect the composition of the blood. The amount of blood in the body rises to 50%.But these changes do not occur evenly, only the amount of
- increases. But the level of red blood cells, where hemoglobin is located, remains the same. A sharp decrease in hemoglobin, usually occurs in the first trimester of pregnancy
- This is a natural process, however, it must be controlled. Women who do not follow the level of hemoglobin often suffer from anemia
- To maintain hemoglobin in the norm, iron-containing foods, vitamins and minerals should be intensively consumed.
. Gluched hemoglobin table
. Glycated hemoglobin is an important indicator of blood composition. Glycated hemoglobin appears in the blood as a result of a specific reaction that results from the fusion of hemoglobin with glucose.
This type of hemoglobin can detect diabetes in the early stages. With it, monitor the level of sugar in the blood. The analysis for glycated hemoglobin has some advantages over the usual analysis for blood glucose:
- It is able to detect the amount of sugar in the blood for the last 3 months
- Such an analysis can be carried out at any time of the day, including after eating
- The indicators do not affect the disease
- More effectively recognizes the threat of diabetes mellitus
What should I do if hemoglobin is low?
- Low hemoglobin level indicates that the blood does not cope with its nutritional transfer functions
- This is fraught with consequences: dry skin, weakness, brittle hair and nails.
- If these symptoms persist, consult a doctor
- . Reduced hemoglobin is often accompanied by chronic diseases: iron deficiency anemia, ulcer or gastritis, autoimmune diseases, infectious diseases or blood pathology
- In exceptional cases, to increase the amount of hemoglobin, a blood transfusion is applied.
- This procedure is called blood transfusion, it provides for the transfusion of a healthy donor blood to a sick person. After her, the person has been under the care of the doctor
- for a long time. If the decrease in the hemoglobin level is temporary, then simple methods of increasing it will be suitable.
- Usually, medicines, folk remedies and a special diet
are used. How to raise hemoglobin with folk remedies quickly?
- Use of garlic tincture. For its preparation you need: 300 gr of garlic and a liter of alcohol. Garlic is cleaned, finely cut and poured with alcohol. Next, the mixture is insisted for 21 days, and then apply 30 drops per day, adding to the warm milk
- Vitamin mixture. It is prepared from raisins, dried apricots and walnuts. All the ingredients are crushed in a meat grinder, mixed and used on a tablespoon per day.
- Medicinal tea made from rose hips and dried strawberry leaves.
- Blend of cranberries and honey
Diet with reduced hemoglobin
To increase hemoglobin, it is recommended to consume as more products that contain iron:
- buckwheat porridge
- beef liver
The diet should be variedand a full-fledged one does not need to use only those products where there is a lot of iron. Also, you need to consider that calcium can complicate the absorption of iron by the body. Therefore, the consumption of eggs, fermented milk and dairy products should be reduced.
To increase hemoglobin should be approached in a comprehensive manner. The composition of blood is positively influenced by outdoor walks and physical exercises.
How quickly to reduce hemoglobin?
Everything in the body should be in moderation. And elevated hemoglobin is also not a good indicator. Elevated hemoglobin indicates a high concentration of erythrocytes in the blood. It can talk about dehydration or malfunction of the kidneys. To lower the level of hemoglobin, it is necessary:
- Drink as much liquid as possible
- Use foods rich in calcium( cottage cheese, cabbage, eggs, milk)
- Use lemons and other foods rich in vitamin C
- Vessels must be strengthened. For this, you should drink fish oil and eat more fish products.
- Sometimes resort to treatment with leeches or to the use of medicines.
Thus, it can be concluded that the level of hemoglobin - the most important indicator of the level of health, which can not be neglected.