In winter, the body is often subjected to increased stress. Often at such a time, cold diseases, so everyone is looking for themselves the most effective and natural recipes. One of the best traditional compositions is home made mulled wine. It perfectly warms in cold weather, and also has additional medicinal properties. How to prepare this winter drink for the most successful recipes, as well as the nuances of use in the treatment of colds will tell you our article.
- 1 Contents of
- 1 The main recipes of preparation
- 2.1 Orange
- 2.2 Ginger
- 2.3 Christmas
- 2.4 Cognac
- 3 How to take with cold
- 1 The main recipes of preparation
The peculiarity of mulled wine reception is an excellent warming effect. The most effective method of "medicine" in the early stages of the common cold, because in this way you can get rid of the ailment in the shortest possible time.
Mulled wine has the following characteristics:
- The main ingredient - red wine perfectly helps to increase blood circulation and improves blood composition. When heated, these properties only increase, so it is more useful to drink wine in a hot form.
- The second mandatory ingredient is citrus fruit. They contain a large amount of vitamins, which stimulate and strengthen the immune system.
- Adding traditional spices to the drink: ginger, cinnamon and cloves, promotes bactericidal effect. Depending on the formulation, even black pepper can be added to the composition, which only enhances the health-improving properties of the drink. In addition, ginger is famous for its wonderful tonic effect, therefore its use is quite justified in such mixtures.
- Additional components: honey, fruits and spices help to strengthen the body's defenses. In this composition, a lot of useful ingredients that help quickly defeat the common cold.
On video mulled wine for cold:
Of course, to prepare such a health-giving drink ordinary recipes will not work. The fact is that part of the taste qualities of this alcoholic beverage should be replaced precisely due to the beneficial components. Mulled wine for colds is also delicious, but it has many uncharacteristic components in its composition, which provide an excellent healing effect.
The main recipes for cooking
The main ingredient is red dry wine. Many gourmets prefer a certain variety and endurance, but here is a matter of taste. In principle, any such drink will do, especially good use of home-made wine, in quality and naturalness of which there will be no doubt.
The second important point of : the mixture can not be brought to a boil! Because of the increased temperatures, most of the useful properties will disappear, and the drink will become tasty, but not useful. If the recipe uses ordinary water, it is advisable to bring it to a boil before adding the remaining ingredients. Comfortable temperature of the drink - up to 70 degrees, and immediately before use you can cool it a bit, so as not to get burned.
Re-heat mulled wine should not be, otherwise the composition will lose some of the useful properties. If you do not plan to drink immediately the entire volume, you can pour the drink into a thermos bottle.
You can replace and combine the components of this healthy drink at your discretion. Basic recipes mean the use of not strong red wine, citrus fruits and a set of spices. If at the moment something is missing, you can successfully do without this component. Examples of mulled wine recipes for cold are given below.
The calculation is usually based on a whole bottle of wine, so if there is no need for such volumes, the proportions decrease accordingly.
You will need:
- A standard bottle of 0.7 liters of dry red wine.
- Boiled water - 150 ml.
- Medium size orange - 1 piece.
- Sugar - 3 items of l.
- Spices: 10 pieces of cloves, a cinnamon stick and a pinch of nutmeg.
In a similar recipe to prepare and lemon mulled wine, only the amount of sugar can be slightly increased. Instead of sugar, you can add honey, if there is no allergy, and generally do without this component. In mulled wine, sugar plays a secondary role, giving the drink the necessary sweetness.
- Cut the orange into slices without cleaning the zest.
- Boil water and add spices, let it brew and cool to a comfortable temperature.
- Wine the wine, sprinkle sugar and chopped pieces of orange, gradually add the prepared mixture.
- After 10-15 minutes the drink is ready for use.
Drink this drink better from a special high glass with a handle in the middle. It should be narrow enough that the mixture does not cool down too quickly. It is desirable to choose transparent models, as well as decorate the top with pieces of fruit and a stick of cinnamon. This "medicine" will please even the most fastidious esthete.
This spice has long been used as a health improving product. Ginger can warm up well and increase blood circulation, so it is indispensable for any colds.
you will need:
- Bottle of red wine - 0,7 l.
- Water - 1 glass.
- Liquid honey - 3 tbsp.
- Apple sour varieties - 1 piece.
- Lemon medium size - 0,5 pieces.
- Spices: a couple of fragrant peppercorns, a cinnamon stick, a pinch of ginger and 5-7 pieces of cloves.
Ginger can be taken not only as a dry powder, but also fresh. Such a recipe will include a small piece( not more plum) of the peeled root, which can be grated, or simply cut into small pieces. The taste of the drink does not suffer from this, because the spice has a pleasant taste and aroma.
- Wine, water, honey and spices are mixed and heated.
- Let it brew for about 20-30 minutes under a closed lid, not boiling.
- Add the apples and lemon slices arbitrarily.
A set of spices can be changed at will according to your taste. It can be vanilla, nutmeg, tubberry, cardamom and anise. All of them have a "magical" effect on the weakened organism and help to cope faster with illnesses.
And here's how to cure a cold a child's folk remedies, and what medicines can be used additionally, is indicated in this article.
Which cold tablets without temperature are the most effective, and what is their name, you can learn from this article.
It will also be interesting to know what medicines to drink when cold without fever: http: //prolor.ru/n/ lechenie-n / chto-pit-pri-prostude-bez-temperatury.html
You may also be interested in knowing what good antibiotica cold for children should be used first.
A characteristic feature of this drink is the addition of strong black tea. His taste is most appropriate in such experiments, besides, he perfectly tones up the body. Not without reason during illness doctors recommend to use a plenty of a warm liquid which will more quickly deduce toxins from an organism.
You will need:
- Bottle of red wine.
- A glass of water.
- Two oranges or one lemon.
- A tablespoon of tea.
- Three tablespoons of honey.
- Spices to taste.
Tea brewing can be used ready, then cooking will take less time. You can also experiment with different varieties of tea, but you can not use too flavored, so as not to spoil the natural smell of mulled wine.
- Boil water, add spices and tea, let it brew for at least 15 minutes.
- Add wine, sliced fruit and honey. If you have used milled spices, it is better to pre-strain the liquid from solid residues.
- The mixture must be heated without boiling. After the fruit is slightly darkened, the mulled wine is considered ready.
Sometimes in recipes it is given advice to strain the drink before use. This is done in order to clean the mixture from crushed fruits and spices. Of course, this is a matter of taste, especially since pieces of citrus in this drink will give an additional effect and taste.
Adding this component is not always pleasant, but it will give the maximum effect in the treatment of colds. Preparation is designed for one serving, so for a large company you need to increase the proportions.
you will need:
- Red semisweet wine - 150 ml.
- Cognac - 20 ml.
- Sugar - 2 items of l.
- Half a lemon.
- Spices to taste.
It is advisable to use cinnamon and cardamom, as well as "starlets" of cloves, which will give the drink an incomparable aroma.
- Heat the wine and dissolve sugar and spices in it.
- Add the lemon, sliced.
- Gently pour the cognac, stirring constantly.
- after the mixture is 10-15 minutes, the mulled wine is ready for use.
"Female" version of such mulled wine involves the addition of liqueur or vermouth. The main condition - a drink should not be a pronounced taste and aroma, so as not to break the smell of spices. You can, of course, add a simple vodka, but in this case it is desirable to slightly reduce the proportions, so as not to break alcohol with a subtle taste of a spicy cocktail.
How the treatment works at the first signs of a cold in adults, and what medicines should be used immediately after the appearance of symptoms, is described in great detail here in the article.
And whether it is possible for pregnant women to drink paracetamol for colds, and how this remedy can be effective, is indicated in the content of this article.
It will also be interesting to understand how to take Kagocel with a cold, and how effective it is.
How to apply injections for flu and colds Cycloferon, and how safe this tool is, is described in great detail here in the article.
You may also be interested to know whether it is possible to apply Viferon suppositories to a nursing mother for a cold.
How to take with a cold
Mulled wine is a hot drink, so its effectiveness is explained by the temperature effect. Drinking it in a cold form is not only not effective, but also not quite pleasant. In general, the main conditions and the provision of medicinal properties - use in a heated form.
The second main condition that will have a therapeutic effect - the reception of the drink should take place in a relaxing atmosphere, preferably in a warm bed and at bedtime. Drink on the go, between business and everyday bustle does not work, especially since the drink contains a quite decent degree of alcohol.
On the video recipe of mulled wine at home from cold:
The correct algorithm for preparation and reception of mulled wine from cold:
- The mixture should be as hot as possible, but not burn.
- Fruits and spices are best not to shred so that the drink is not cloudy.
- It is advisable not to drink mulled wine before leaving home, so as not to reduce the curative effect to naught.
- You should not use sweet dessert varieties of wine to make a drink, they will make mulled wine sweet and sweet.
- For the preparation of classic mulled wine, red wine is used, but there are recipes with white varieties of this drink. Unfortunately, for treatment of colds they are not too suitable.
- For the treatment of children, non-alcoholic mulled wine can be used. For this, cherry or grape juice is added instead of wine.
- You can experiment with various combinations of spices and fruits, but it is advisable not to use a multicomponent composition, otherwise it will be more difficult to get a harmonious taste.
It is not necessary to be treated with such drugs during pregnancy and breastfeeding, hypertensive diseases and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, because there are many biologically active components and spices in the composition. If you replace wine with juice, such a drink is suitable for older children without allergy to the components of the mixture.
Traditional mulled wine is often used in the treatment of colds and for warming effects.