A protective reaction of the body with diseases of the respiratory system is a cough. At once it happens to be dry, but in due course it becomes wet, and with it, sputum is excreted with difficulty. During this period, it is necessary to use drugs that dilute the viscous liquid that accumulates inside and promote its rapid removal from the body. Of the commercially available variety of effective drugs eliminating such a cough, I would like to highlight Bromhexine. It produces many companies. It has various forms: goes in the form of syrup, tablets, drops, drops and solution. The cost of tablets sold in blisters of 10 and 50 pieces each is 15-50 rubles, drops 150 rubles, solution 160 rubles, and syrup 125 rub. So from what is bromhexine from what cough to take, most often there is such a question.
How to use bromhexine cough syrup for children is indicated in this article.
- 1 Composition
- 1 Composition, use and contraindications
- 3 Drug instruction
- 3.1 For adults
- 3.2 For children
- 4 Analogues
Exposure to the body
Its work consists of secretion and mucolytic effects on the diseased organ. It is able to quickly absorb into the gastrointestinal tract, and then enter the blood that carries the medicine into the secretory cage of the respiratory system. And then it gets into sputum and splits its large-formed complexes into smaller compounds. As a result, it becomes less viscous, can flow freely and exit when coughing. Due to this, the work of the ciliary epithelium normalizes, and it quickly removes phlegm outward. Therefore, the cough from the dry discharge goes into the wet one.
From this article you can learn how to treat a cough in children badger fat.
Another bromhexine has :
- expectorant effect. Promotes greater release of mucus, it becomes more diluted and easier to clear;
- stimulates the recovery of ciliate epithelium at the cellular level;
- reduces the attacks of dry cough, good enough with a dry cough;
- is involved in the synthesis of phospholipids of the bronchopulmonary apparatus, thereby setting up the lungs.
Its effectiveness is manifested as early as two days after the start of the intake, a maximum of five days.
How to treat a cough with yellow phlegm without temperature is indicated in this article.
Composition, use and contraindications
The main active substance of this drug is bromhexine hydrochloride. It is obtained synthetically from vasicin, a known natural alkaloid that is released from the malabar nut. The resulting substance is a white crystalline powder with a bitter taste. This component is present in any form of release of the drug, their difference is only auxiliary ingredients.
Tablets contain 4 to 8 mg of bromhexine. As additional funds in their composition includes: lactose, ruberozum, potato starch and calcium stearate. But there are insignificant differences in their ratios, because the production of this medicine is established in several countries, and they have the right to regulate the percentage of components according to their standards.
What to do when a cough in the morning and in the evening is indicated in this article.
Cough syrup is packaged in 60 ml vials. It is packed in cardboard packaging with instructions and a measuring spoon.5 ml of this drug account for 4, and in some dosages of 8 mg of the main substance. In addition to it, the syrup contains sorbitol, purified water, propylene glycol, a mixture of hydrochloric acid and the fragrance "apricot".
Dragee can be purchased in blisters for 25 pieces. Each contains 8 ml of bromhexine.
Drops produced by only one German company, so they are less common on sale. In their 1 ml contains 8 mg of active ingredient. In addition, they are present: fennel, anise, thyme, mint and eucalyptus oil, sucrose, ethanol, polysorbate, levomenthol and hydrochloric acid of strong concentration.
How is cough treatment with green sputum in adults, you can learn from this article.
Of all the listed forms of drug release, only tablets have an accurate dosage.
The use of the drug is due to the following diseases:
- with acute pharyngitis, tracheitis and laryngitis;
- bronchial asthma, accompanied by a difficult-to-separate sputum;
- with emphysema;
- with acute bronchitis and tracheobronchitis, obstructive bronchitis;
- with chronic laryngotracheitis and nasopharyngitis;
- infectious diseases of the respiratory tract;
- tuberculosis, pulmonary emphysema, congenital bronchial pathology and pneumoconiosis.
For what reason does cough cause vomiting in an adult, you can learn from this article.
Bromhexine can be used to sanitize respiratory organs before and after operations. To eliminate the accumulation of mucus in the injured thorax.
- individual intolerance of the drug components. It can manifest as a rash, redness and scabies;
- Drops of this medication should not be given to children under 12 years of age because of the alcohol in them. For the same reason, they are contraindicated for people suffering from peptic ulcer disease, pregnant and nursing mothers.
Bromhexine is attributed to a dry cough or wet, in which the sputum accumulated in the bronchi is difficult to remove.
For what reason the child does not clear a dry cough, you can learn from this article.
Instruction for the preparation
The medicine is produced for adults and children, and, despite the fact that different manufacturers make it, the instructions are identical for all. During the intake of bromhexine, one should drink plenty of warm liquid so that it contributes to the expectorant effect of the medication. It is often prescribed for complex treatment together with antibiotics, then the effectiveness of the agent increases. It can not be used together with alkaline solutions.
Bromhexine is taken orally regardless of the meal intake, copiously with water. Adult patients need to drink 2 tablets three tablets of cough - four times a day, or 16 ml of syrup at one time, the same number of times.
The effect of the drug appears on the 2nd - 6th day of treatment. The course of admission can be 28 days.
It is better for a child to buy Bromhexine in syrup. He will drink it with joy, and the medicine in this form acts more gently, but at the same time is effective. For crumbs up to a year it should not be used, because they can not still cough up all the sputum, and it will accumulate in the lungs. For older children, the dosages are as follows:
- from 2 to 6 years - give three times a day for 2, 5 - 5 ml, depending on the strength and frequency of cough;
- from six to 14 years - half the dragee or 5 to 10 ml of syrup;
- adolescents appoint a dragee for one piece, with neglected forms of cough to 2. They should be drunk 2 to 3 times a day. And also it is possible to apply drops on 23 - 47 drops 3 times a day. The same dose of drops is suitable for adults.
How to treat bronchitis with a dry cough, you can learn from this article.
The solution is used for inhalations. Adults are prescribed 8 mg per dose, children under 10 years of age - 2 mg, and adolescents - 4 mg. Inhalation should be done 2 times a day. For this, the same amount of distilled water and solution is taken and heated to 37 degrees, not higher. The procedure is then carried out in the usual manner.
From this article you can find out why there is a cough without a cold.
Nobody wants to overpay, so many are looking for similar drugs in their properties. Bromgexin was no exception. Indeed, there are medicines on the market that contain the active substance in the same amount as it does. But their price limit is the same as that of the main facility. Naturally, it is very convenient to know about their existence and when Bromgexin is not in the nearest pharmacy, you can buy
Mukovin, Brombenzonium, Lizomucin, Bizonolon, Mugocil, Brexol instead. These funds are a worthy replacement for the drug in question. Bromhexine can also be produced by different manufacturers. In pharmacies sachto offer Bromgeksin Birdin Chemie. When choosing a remedy, the following characteristics should be emphasized:
- concentration of the active substance;
- country of the manufacturer. Of course, it is necessary to support the domestic manufacturer, but the doctors themselves recommend buying drugs from European companies. Yet they produce better drugs than Russian and Indian pharmaceutical companies. But if the budget for the purchase of drugs is limited, you can buy the products of the Russian manufacturer. Cheaper than Bromgexin's analogs than it does not have.
How to treat a tracheal cough, you can learn from this article.
The use of this drug should be carried out according to the prescription of the doctor and under his supervision. Bromhexine works great in combination with other medicines and increases the output of phlegm. At what cough do they take? They are more often treated for dry cough in the transition to wet. Its effectiveness is visible on the second day. It is safe for young children if they do not have allergies to the drug components. It is only necessary to remember that it can not be drunk with other antitussive medicines so that they do not hamper the withdrawal of phlegm.