Every home in the family medicine chest has a wide selection of different first-aid products, which can eliminate the common cold, sore throat, bouts of coughing. Simply put, all these funds are used to prevent colds.
One such remedy remains Petrussin. It's a syrup that everyone knows from childhood. In addition, that the drug effectively copes with the tasks, it is still very tasty, so you do not have to walk anymore and make the baby drink it.
- 1 Drug Action
- 1.1 Composition
- 2 Necessary Dosage
- 3 Price
- 4 Analogs
- 5 Reviews
Drug Action Action
Petrussin is a medicinal product that exerts a phytotherapeutic effect. With its help, it is possible to make phlegm less viscous and to facilitate the process of its evacuation from the lungs. Thus, Petrussin also has mucolytic properties, which include an expectorant, antimicrobial and cough-softening effect.
The main component of the preparation is the herb of
This drug is used in the treatment of various diseases of the upper respiratory tract and lungs, which are characterized by a heavy separation of viscous mucus.
In addition, the indications for the use of Petrussin are
- acute and chronic bronchitis,
- bronchitis asthma,
- bronchial asthma,
- pharyngitis and tracheitis,
- pulmonary tuberculosis,
- whooping cough,
Composition of the preparation
When preparing the medicine, a product such as thyme extract was used. In the people this herb has many names, among which are borax pepper, lemon douche. Since thyme has many useful properties, it is actively used in folk medicine in the treatment of various diseases.has an expectorant, disinfectant, spasmolytic and bronchodilating effect.
The composition of thyme is rich in essential oils, as well as other components:
- organic acids.
Thyme in the composition of Petrussin contributes to liquefaction of the secretion in the upper parts of the respiratory tract, and its task is to activate bronchi. This, in turn, positively affects the cleaning of the bronchi and the escape of mucus. Still thyme has an analgesic effect and antimicrobial effect.
The next component of the composition of Petrussin remains potassium bromide. It is a chemical agent that has a complex effect directly on the cells of the brain. As a result, the intensity of the cough decreases.
Sugar was added during the manufacture of the syrup, due to which the medicine acquires a pleasant taste, which the children can not help. As a rule, small patients take the drug without whims, because it has a pleasant and rich sweet taste.
Another part contains ethyl alcohol. For this reason, it is not possible to take medicine for patients who suffer from alcohol dependence.
The dosage of the drug is given according to the age of the patient:
- 3-6 years - 2.5 ml 3 times a day;
- 6-12 years - 5 ml 3 times a day;
- Older than 12 - 10 ml 3 times a day;
- Adults - 20 ml 3 times a day.
In the event of an overdose, the patient experiences a feeling of nausea, heartburn and indigestion. During pregnancy and lactation, it is forbidden to take Petrussin, since it contains ethyl alcohol in its composition.
And that's why the child has a strong cough in the morning and what you can do quickly yourself, is described in this article.
Why there was a cough with the departure of green sputum and how to cure such a disease is described in great detail in this article.
How is the treatment of severe coughing before vomiting in an adult and whether antibiotics can be used to help understand this article: http: //prolor.ru/g/ bolezni-g /kashel/ do-rvoty-u-vzroslogo.html
What to do when an adult has a dry cough that does not clear his throatand what means in the fight against this problem are the most effective, is described in detail in this article.
You can buy a syrup Petrussin in any pharmacy without a prescription at a price of 15-30 rubles.
There are no structural analogs to the active ingredient in Petrussin, but there are a number of similar drugs in the pharmacological group. These include the following medicines:
- Ascoril exponent;(and here's how to use Ascoril in laryngitis in children, very detailed in this article)
- Bronchicum;(but how to take Bronchicum syrup for children will help to understand this article)
- Breast collection number 1;
- Breast collection number 2;
- Breast collection number 3;
- Thoracic elixir;
Why there is a dry barking cough and what means can be combated with it, is described in great detail in this article.
If there is a barking cough, but without the temperature, the information from this article will help to cope with such a problem.
But what to do when there is no coughing and what means should be used is described in detail in this article.
- Natalia, 45: When my granddaughter was only 8 months old, he was very cold. In addition to the cold, there was a strong cough. He literally exhausted both the child and us. He intensified especially at night. And inside the crumbs everything bubbled and wheezed. In the beginning, we used rubbing, then heated with a lamp and paraffin. But then the pediatrician appointed us Petrussin. She also indicated that this medicine has been tested for years. And although the instructions indicated that you can give the medicine to children after 3 years because of the presence of alcohol, the baby still took it at a doctor-appointed dosage. After a full course of treatment, the cough retreated, and the baby felt much better. Now he normally sleeps at night and pleases us in the daytime. "
- Anna, 36 years old: "I have long tried the effectiveness of Petrussin on my two children. The older child began to give the drug from 1 year. You can buy it without a prescription and it is produced by numerous pharmacological companies. I start giving the children Petrussin immediately after they start coughing. His taste is very pleasant, so the child will gladly accept it and not even grimace. And I like this syrup so that it has a quick result, which you can watch in a few days. "
- Andrew, 35 years old: "And, although most often Petrussin is used to treat cough in children, I decided to try it on myself. When I had a cold, the cough was added to the classic symptoms. Of course, I did not want to go to the hospital, but my daughter's syrup was at home. This was Petrussin. I began to take it according to the dosage specified in the instructions. Relief came in 3 days. The cough became less intense, and sputum began to recede. The drug is truly universal, as it effectively coughs up both adults and children. "
Petrussin is a sweet and effective syrup that fights against a catarrhal manifestation. It is based on natural ingredients, thereby reducing the harmful effects on the body. But use the medicine with caution, as often allergies to thyme. In this case, the treatment will have to be abandoned.