Tonsils are lymphoid tissues that serve as a barrier to the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms. They contain lymphocytes, which, when inhaled, do not allow harmful microbes to enter the body.
Under normal conditions, the tonsils are pink in color. And in the development of inflammation, their appearance changes. In addition, the inflammatory process takes place in two forms - acute and chronic.
- 1 Acute inflammation
- 1.1 Symptoms
- 1.2 medicines Treatment
- 1.3 Folk remedies
- 2 Chronic inflammation
- 2.1 Symptoms
- 2.2 Local therapy
- 2.2.1 Antibiotics
- 2.2.2 folk remedies Acute inflammation
With the development ofacute inflammation of the tonsils in children diagnosed with angina. It can be catarrhal, follicular or lacunar. Its development is affected by streptococci and staphylococci.
Tonsils are the very first protective barrier of the body. It is with them t
- color of the tonsils becomes bright red;
- they increase in size, acquire a loose structure, cicatricial adhesions are formed;
- A yellowish white coating is formed, purulent plugs;
- Enlargement of lymph nodes;
- Common symptoms of colds: weakness in the body, malaise, sore throat and head, temperature rise.
Treatment with medications
Medication is prescribed taking into account the degree of severity of the pathological process. The doctor will necessarily include the antibacterial drugs of the penicillin group. Most often they are involved in the treatment of lacunar and follicular inflammation. Effective drugs Ampicillin and Amoxicillin are considered( and how to use an antibiotic for angina Amoxicillin is described in great detail in this article). If there is an individual intolerance to the drugs considered, Doxycycline or Cephalexin may be prescribed.
If the inflammatory process has a severe course, then the antibiotic can be injected. The duration of therapy will be 7-10 days. If there is an allergy to the antibiotic, then they can include antibacterial drugs in the treatment. They are presented in aerosol format. The most effective include Ingalipt and Hexaspra. Also, they can prescribe lozenges for absorption - Strepsil and Tharyngept.(what is the difference between pharyngocept and Lysobact among themselves and which one is the best, is described in detail in this article)
You can accelerate the healing process and reduce inflammation with the help of home remedies. For these purposes, use infusions and decoctions based on herbs such as chamomile, propolis, clover and sage. Use them to rinse and make tea. If you chose the latter option, then improve their taste can be with honey, lemon and milk. For example, small patients are very fond of sleeping juice from aloe with honey taken in equal proportions after sleep.
Compotes from berries such as rose hips, raspberries, currants and elderberries will be an excellent addition to the treatment. An excellent anti-inflammatory effect is the juice of beets. It can be ingested or used for rinsing. If the latter method is chosen, then you need to take the beet juice and add 20 ml of vinegar diluted in water.
On video inflammation of the tonsils in the throat of children:
Chronic inflammation of the
If the timely treatment of acute inflammation of the tonsils is not started, this will lead to a chronic process.
Recognizing chronic inflammation of the throat in children is possible by the following symptoms:
- regular acute angina,
- pain in the submaxillary lymph nodes,
- discharge of purulent plugs during cough,
- pain in the heart and joints,
- temperature rise,
- sore throat.
Sometimes a patient suffers from a severe cough, which is formed due to the penetration of purulent mucus from the tonsils into the pharyngeal mucosa. The periods of exacerbation occur 3 times a year.
Why there are white dots in the throat on the tonsils and how to deal with this problem, is described in detail in this article.
Why the throat hurts, the white coating on the tonsils and how to deal with this problem, is described in great detail in this article.
How to get rid of the problem when the child has a white coating on the tonsils, is described in detail in this article: http: //prolor.ru/g/ simptomy-g / belyj-nalet-v-gorle-u-rebenka.html
And here is how the washing of the tonsils is performed by the vacuum method,very detailed in this article.
The essence of the local treatment is to carry out irrigation and gargling procedures. This will suppress the harmful effects of harmful microbes. For irrigation, the following drugs may be used:
- Furacilin;(how to flush your nose with Furacilin baby and how effective it is is described in detail in this article)
To stop the sore throat and symptoms of inflammation, you should use such dissolving lozenges:
- Decatilen .This drug has a local bactericidal effect. Children up to 4 years old can dissolve 1 lozenge with an interval of 3 times. But for adults the dosage will be 1 tablet in 2 hours.
- Thyringosept .It is an antibacterial drug based on a component such as Ambazone monohydrate. For children from 7 years and adults are allowed to take 5 lozenges a day.(and here's how to use Pharyngocept for children, very detailed in this article.)
- Strepsils .These are candies that have a local antiseptic effect. It is allowed to give children over 12 years and adults in the amount of 5 tablets per day.
- Neo-angina. These are lozenges that are used in uncomplicated inflammatory process. Children and adults can resolve one tablet with an interval of 2 hours.
For local treatment, antiseptic sprays may be used:
- Tandum Verde,
- Bioparox,( and here's how to use Bioparox in angina and how this remedy is effectively dealt with in detail in this article)
Only antibacterial agents can cope with the inflammatory process. If the tonsils have purulent deposits, then the course of therapy will last 5-12 days. In this case, the following tools can be used:
- Amoxicillin .This drug quickly copes with many harmful microbes. Adults receive 0.5 g 3 times a day. If the disease is severe, then the dosage is increased to 1 g. As with the antibiotic, a gastrointestinal disturbance occurs, the patient is also prescribed drugs that will normalize the functioning of the stomach.
- Amoxiclav .This antibiotic contains clavulanic acid and amoxicillin. Assign 1 tablet 3 times a day.
If there are no drugs in the pharmacy, they can be assigned analogues: Amosin, Augmentin, Flemoklav.
For the treatment of chronic inflammation of the throat in children, the following home methods can be used:
- Conservative treatment must necessarily be supplemented with a gargling. Soda-salt solution can be used for these purposes. It is necessary to take soda and salt for 10 g and dilute in 200 ml of water.
- But reduce the pain can a solution derived from lemon juice. It is necessary to take it in the amount of 60 ml and add in a glass of water.
- To stop the inflammation will be able such herbs as calendula, sage, chamomile, eucalyptus. You need 200 ml of warm water 20 g of grass. Bring to a boil, cool, filter and use. Children can gargle with a prepared broth as often as possible. Giving it a taste is possible with the help of honey.
- In the treatment of chronic inflammation of the throat in children can use a composition of 1 part of the juice of aloe and 3 parts of honey. Use a tool for the treatment of tonsils. Carry out the manipulation once a day for 2 weeks.
You can cure inflammation on tonsils if you seek help in time. In addition, all treatment activities should be integrated. Each doctor should appoint such a scheme, through which it will be possible not only to alleviate the symptoms, but also to stop the cause.