Angina is a disease characterized by the presence of an inflammatory process on the tonsils. Symptoms of this ailment are very unpleasant and bring a lot of inconvenience to the patient. Antibiotics are often used to treat sore throats. The most effective is Amoxiclav. This popularity of the drug is due to the fact that it contains two components that affect bacteria. These elements are called amoxicillin and clavulanic acid.
- 1 Action
- 2 How and how many days to take
- 2.1 Admission for adults
- 2.2 Admission for children
- 3 Reviews
Amoxiclav is an antibacterial drug that, due to its composition, can improve a patient's condition during a sore throat, and also fight bacteria andviruses that caused it. The drug has the following effect:
- Thanks to the amoxicillin , which belongs to the group of penicillin antibiotics, it is possible to defeat bacteria and cause their death. But it is necessary to apply th
- Clavulanic acid acts on the enzyme beta-lactamase, as a result of which its activity decreases. Such influence on pathogenic microorganisms contributes to the death of strains of bacteria.
- Amoxiclav has a strong bactericidal and bacteriostatic effect of , exerts its influence on all varieties of streptococci. Here is described in more detail about the treatment of streptococcal angina.
The video tells the moxiclav for angina
How and how many days to take
Before determining the necessary dosage and duration of therapy, it is necessary to understand the forms in which this antibiotic is released. So, you can buy an antibiotic in the following form:
- Tablets .They should be taken before meals, and before that, the tablets are dissolved in a small amount of water. You can chew them. This form of antibiotic is produced in a different dosage. The doctor can appoint them only individually, given the age and weight of the patient.
- Suspensions of .They are allowed to use even small children. Dosage is prescribed taking into account the weight of the baby. Take it at the beginning of the meal. In addition, the suspension can be prepared independently, if you buy the drug in the form of a powder. Ready syrup should be stored for no more than 7 days.
- Amoxiclav powder for intravenous administration of .To obtain a solution, it is necessary to dilute the powder in water for injection. Use the medicine no later than 20 minutes after you received it. The introduction of an antibiotic is slow for 3 minutes.
But this antibiotic has contraindications. Amoxiclav should not be taken to patients who have impaired liver and kidney function. Also, do not use the drug to people who have an individual intolerance. With caution should use antibiotic women in the position and at the time of lactation.
Read how to properly treat bronchitis at home.
Instructions and testimonials about children's dry cough medicine: http: //prolor.ru/g/lechenie/ detskaya-suxaya-mikstura-ot-kashlya.html.
Here you will find a recipe for cough with honey, lemon and glycerin.
Admission in adults
If Amoxiclav is used in the form of tablets, then they contain 125 mg of clavulanic acid( potassium salt) and 250 or 500 mg of amoxicillin. The daily dosage is determined individually. As a rule, it leaves 500 mg 8 times a day. The medication should be taken at the initial stage of the process of eating.
If the angina is severe, and there is a high risk of complications, then it is worthwhile to use the drug in the form of injections. It is injected slowly every 8 hours.
Admission in children
The dosage of the drug in children is prescribed taking into account its age and weight. In the form of tablets, an antibiotic can be used for patients after 4 years.
For children of younger age Amoxiclav, a syrup is used to eliminate sore throats. Prepare the suspension from the powder, but use the medicine immediately after the granulation.
The required dosage is determined with the aid of an existing measuring spoon. Typically, the amount of the drug per day does not exceed 40-60 mg per 1 kg of weight. The dosage of antibiotic when taken for the treatment of angina in children should be strictly observed, otherwise severe complications may occur.
At reception Amoksiklava, as well as any medicament, at children signs of a dysbacteriosis of an intestine can arise. On the basis of this, it is very important after the course of therapy to steal all efforts to restore the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract, and for this it is necessary to use eubiotics.
To treat sore throats, Sumamed antibiotic is also often prescribed.
- Irina, 34 years old : "Approximately 2 years ago I was diagnosed with purulent sore throat. And she was already in the neglected stage. At first, I did not pay attention to the symptoms present, performing self-treatment. The doctor prescribed me a complex therapy, which includes an antibiotic called Amoxiclav. The course of treatment did not exceed 5 days. I used the drug in tablet form. After this time, I managed to overcome the cough, sore throat. No side effects and disorders of the intestine have arisen. "
- Michael, 39 years old: "I did not trust antibiotics very much, so I used folk methods in treating sore throats. But the desired effect did not arise. Then I decided to turn to my familiar therapist. He quickly appointed me a treatment, which included the antibiotic Amoxiclav. This medicine is considered very effective, although it should not be used for long. After a week, I began to feel much better, the cough began to disappear, the temperature was asleep, the pain in my throat disappeared. "
- Tatyana, 17 years old : "When my daughter fell ill with angina, he had a fever, had a red throat, a painful feeling. I immediately turned to the pediatrician, and we were advised by Amoxiclav. Since my daughter was only 2 years old, the drug was administered in the form of a suspension. The taste is very pleasant, sweet. The result is very happy, all the symptoms were defeated in a week. The child began to play, his cough disappeared, she began to sleep at night. To protect the intestines from dysbiosis, we still took probiotics. "
Amoxiclav is a very effective drug that allows to eliminate all unpleasant symptoms of sore throat. But to use it for a long time is not worth it, because you can earn not a positive effect, but, on the contrary, complications. If you follow all the prescriptions of the doctor and the indicated dosage, the entire treatment process will be successful. Read also, can you buy during a sore throat. It is also important to know if the sore throat is contagious. Also read the measures for the prevention of angina.