Uric acid in the blood is increased: symptoms, causes, treatment. How to reduce the content of uric acid in the blood? The norm of uric acid in men, women, children
The article will tell you about such a substance in the blood as uric acid. It will be told about the norms, causes of accumulation in tissues and ways of normalizing the level in the body.
- Uric acid composition
- Uric acid function in the body
- Uric acid rate in men, women and children
- Causes of increased uric acid level in the blood
- Disruption of uric acid metabolism
- Symptoms of increased uric acid content
- Reducing uric acid by folk remedies
- What doesuric acid from the body?
- Deposition of uric acid salts in joints
- How to reduce uric acid in gout?
- Diet with increased levels of uric acid in the blood
- Products that increase the level of uric acid in the body
- Products that reduce uric acid in the blood
- Uric acid and the risk of developing heart disease
- How to reduce the content of uric acid in the blood folk remedies: advice and feedback
- Video: Diet 6 with a rise in uric acid
- Video: Uric acid in the joints
Uric acid composition
Uric acid is a substance that is dissolved in the blood plasma. The substance is formed as a consequence of the breakdown of the protein, and deposited in the blood of a person in the form of sodium salt. A normal amount of uric acid is not harmful to health.
It is excreted from the body by the kidneys. The problem arises, if this substance accumulates in the body. Then, uric acid can cause the development of serious chronic diseases.
To determine the amount of uric acid in the body, you need to take a blood test. To hand over the analysis it is necessary in the morning, on an empty stomach.2-3 days before delivery, it is not recommended to over-eat protein foods and drink alcoholic beverages.
Functions of uric acid in the body
The uric acid should be present in the human body. After all, this substance performs several important functions:
- it activates the production of adrenaline, thereby stimulating the brain activity of
- uric acid is a powerful antioxidant and does not allow developing oncological diseases.
Uric acid norm in men, women and children
The amount of uric acid in the blood is laid down at the genetic level and is inherited. But, as a rule, its relationship between the sexes is the same. At children the norm of uric acid is the smallest, at women hardly above, at men - it is maximal.
Table that demonstrates the uric acid norm
Causes of increased uric acid in the blood
- As noted above, uric acid is a product of protein breakdown. The body is designed so that it can take surplus substances independently. But, when they become too much, the kidneys can not, as it should, filter out the blood. And uric acid begins to accumulate in the tissues of
- . The main cause of increased uric acid levels is malnutrition. Protein food should be used in moderation. The greater part of the diet should be made up of foods rich in fiber: vegetables, fruits and cereals. If the nutritional balance is disturbed, then the body is not able to process all the protein and withdraw the excess. As a consequence - complete slagging of the body
- In some cases, an increase in the level of uric acid, can be caused due to stressful situations for the body: excessive physical activity, starvation or alcohol abuse. Also, this substance begins to accumulate in the tissues due to kidney dysfunction
Disruption of uric acid metabolism
There is a medical term that calls the increase in the level of uric acid - hyperuricemia. Therefore, all by-products containing preservatives.dyes, taste improvers and other synthetic additives will increase the level of uric acid and, of course, disrupt its metabolism.
Symptoms of increased uric acid
At an elevated level of uric acid, indicate some symptoms.
- When this substance accumulates in children, redness, eczema, psoriasis
- are observed on the skin in adults and elderly people, severe pains in the joints, on the skin, and wounds also appear. In men, there may be severe pain in the groin, cystitis
- Accumulation of uric acid leads to kidney and urinary system diseases. Kidney stones, also, are actively formed due to hyperuricemia
- Uric acid poorly affects the teeth. Doctors note an active deposition of tartar and inflammation of the gums
- Uric acid can be deposited in the heart, causing pain and heart palpitations. In general, a person feels constant fatigue, may suffer from insomnia
The deposition of salts and the development of gout are closely related to the increased level of uric acid in the blood.
Reduction of uric acid by folk remedies
If the first symptoms indicating an increase in uric acid level appear, you should immediately contact a doctor. If the tests confirm suspicions, the doctor will assign a number of drugs that will reduce the level of uric acid in the body. To support the treatment, you can use folk methods to reduce the level of uric acid:
- Visiting saunas and hot tubs. If there are no contraindications, then visiting the sauna is a great way to get surplus substances through the skin. Thus, the kidneys will get some rest.
- Abundant drink. You can drink water and green tea without restrictions.
- Decoctions of herbs and leaves. You should prepare a herbal mixture of dried leaves of birch, currant and cowberry, make a decoction and eat before eating.
- Herbal foot baths. If the joints hurt or wounded on the legs, you can use warm foot baths with sage or chamomile. This will relieve inflammation and pain
The main means for normalizing the level of uric acid, is the normalization of nutrition. For this, in conjunction with treatment, you must follow a diet.
What excretes uric acid from the body?
For the excretion of uric acid from the body meet the kidneys. If this organ is not healthy, uric acid is not completely eliminated. Sometimes, on the contrary: the kidneys are healthy, but uric acid is too much in the plasma, the kidneys do not cope with the load.
One of the best ways to get excess uric acid is a copious drink. You need to drink water or green tea. In the water you can add ginger and lemon. In this diet, you need to reduce the amount of salt, because. Salt retains fluid in the body.
The deposition of uric acid salts in the joints
Elevated levels of uric acid can warn in advance about the development of cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, it is recommended to take a blood test at least once a year.
How to reduce uric acid in gout?
Gout is a neglected form of arthritis. Developed diseases such as gout, osteochondrosis and arthritis develop due to the deposition of salts in the joints. Crystals of uric acid, not finding an outlet, actively linger in the form of stones in the kidneys and salts on the joints.
To reduce the level of uric acid in gout, you need to follow a combination of drugs: apply medications prescribed by a doctor, follow a diet and apply folk remedies.
Diet with high levels of uric acid in the blood
With hyperuricemia, you need to normalize your diet, and, in the future, do not return to old eating habits. During the treatment, you should completely exclude from your diet such products:
- any fatty meat
- liver, kidneys, brains
- smoked fish and meat products, sausages
- semi-finished products
- rich broths
- cream confectionery
Products that increase the level of uric acid in the body
Uric acid is deposited in tissues due to the content in the diet too much protein food. The protein, of course, should be, but protein foods are not recommended for every meal.
The products, due to which uric acid can be intensively deposited, include: eggs, legumes, fatty and red meat, offal, sorrel. These products need to be used in moderation. Of protein foods, preference should be given to low-fat varieties of meat( for example, chicken and turkey).
Products that reduce uric acid in the blood
- It is necessary to minimize the consumption of eggs, legumes and mushrooms. You need to eat a lot of vegetables, cereals, bread with bran. In general, foods that are beneficial to cellulose have a beneficial effect on the body.
- Doctors recommend a one-off day a week. You can consume this day one of the products: kefir, cottage cheese, watermelons, apples, unsalted buckwheat. The product is divided into 5 equal portions and is used throughout the day. Drinking green tea and water can be unlimited
- With an increased level of uric acid, you need to monitor the water balance. Depending on the weight, an adult is recommended to drink from 2 to 3 liters of water daily
- Even when the treatment is over and the prohibited foods can be eaten again, do not go back to the usual diet. This again will cause violations in the body
In the human diet should be a balance of products: 50% - vegetables and fruits, 20% - meat and fish products, 20% - bread and cereals, 10% - fats and other substances.
Uric acid and a risk of developing heart disease
Sometimes, increased uric acid may indicate some chronic diseases and cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, in the detection of hyperuricemia, you should be checked for the presence of such diseases:
- skin diseases( psoriasis, eczema)
- liver and kidney disease
How to reduce uric acid in the blood folk remedies: tips and reviews
uric acid at home can be normalized mainly by using the correct diet number 6 and taking herbal teas from:
Video: Di6 that with increasing uric acid
Video: uric acid in the joints