Ginger is not only a spice, but a perennial plant whose roots have medicinal properties. It is very popular at the present time and is actively used in cooking, cosmetology, pharmacology, as well as in folk medicine. As a medicine, the root of ginger has a lot of useful properties, but along with it has a number of contraindications.
- Useful properties
- As against cold
- From cold
- From cough
- From joint pain
- From pain in the stomach
- From rheumatism
- From muscle pain
- From toothache
- From seasickness
- From prostatitis
- From diabetes
- From boils
- From worms
- For weight loss
- For immunity
- For hair
- Procurement and storage
The ginger root is a storehouse of nutrients and vitamins thatIt is very useful for the human body and possess magical truly therapeutic properties. Ginger is recommended for use:
- For colds, bronchitis and cough. It is especially useful for influenza and ARI, as it has anti-inflammatory, warming and sweating actions.
- In case of digestive system disorders. Increases appetite and helps to cope with heartburn, eructation, indigestion. When poisoning and frustration remove from the body toxic substances. Has a slight laxative effect.
- For allergic reactions. Neutralizes many poisons. Effective even with bronchial asthma and skin rashes.
- To strengthen and maintain immunity. Possesses useful antioxidant properties and helps to keep youth.
- For losing weight. Accelerates metabolic processes, contributing to the active use of calories.
- With cancer. Gingerol contained in ginger has anti-inflammatory properties, it leads to the death of cancer cells and a decrease in their growth, without harming the healthy. Regular consumption of spices reduces the risk of liver damage in the treatment of diseases and is an excellent prophylaxis for poisoning with toxins.
- For arthrosis, joint pain. Calcium, present in ginger, strengthens bones, and gingerol suppresses inflammation and prevents the development of osteochondrosis and osteoarthritis.
- With diabetes. The constant use of ginger helps to reduce the amount of protein in the body, normalizing the work of the gastrointestinal tract, improving blood circulation, strengthening the walls of blood vessels and preventing cholesterol blockages, which is directly related to the sugar content in the blood.
- With migraine. Anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties of the product will help to eliminate pain, dizziness and nausea.
- With toothache. Ginger has analgesic effect and is able to reduce the level of prostaglandins - pathogens of heat, pain and seizures.
- With destabilization of the heart. Ginger lowers the level of cholesterol in the blood, which helps to avoid the formation of blood clots and heart diseases. A high content of manganese and potassium reduces blood pressure and facilitates the work of the cardiovascular system.
- To increase sexual activity. Spice promotes blood circulation and enhances agitation. Manganese in the root of ginger improves the properties of sperm, positively affects the potency in men, and also promotes the proper development of the fetus in pregnant women.
- With seasickness, nausea, toxicosis.
The ginger root contains: vitamin C, potassium, silicon, phosphorus, nicotinic acid, magnesium, iron, chromium, aluminum and calcium. All this makes ginger a sure tool for fighting various diseases.to table of contents ^
For a cold
Fresh ginger root, the size of a finger, you need to grate. Immerse in boiling water and boil for 10 minutes over low heat. At this time in the broth add a pinch of black ground pepper. Then remove the drink from the fire, add sugar and freshly squeezed juice to 1/3 of a lemon or orange. Ginger tea should be drunk hot in a volume of at least 150 ml 3 times a day. And to enhance the warming effect, you can add vanilla or mint to the drink.
Three tablespoons of ground ginger pour boiling water and infuse for 10-15 minutes. After adding to the infusion 6 teaspoons of honey and a few leaves of mint. Insist another 5 minutes. Take a decoction in a hot form will be more useful.
Donnikovy honey - features, properties and recipes of application http://woman-l.ru/donnikovyj-med/to the table of contents ^
To prepare 0.5 kg of ginger root, wash,peel and grind with a blender. The resulting gruel pour 1 liter of alcohol and put in a warm place for 20 days. Periodically infusion should be shaken. When the liquid acquires the color of strong tea, it must be filtered and taken twice a day after meals, diluting 1 teaspoon in a glass of water.
Recipe 2.to table of contents ^
Clear the bronchi and facilitate breathing will help a mixture of 1 tablespoon of ginger juice, a teaspoon of honey and 4 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds, diluted in a glass of water. Solution to insist 1 night and take daily morning and evening.
With a wet cough in the milk, you need to add a dried root of ginger in the amount of 1/3 of a teaspoon. You can add a little turmeric and honey. Drink a drink better in hot or warm form.
Recipe 2.to table of contents ^
Ginger root to peel, cut into slices and add to boiling water. Insist for about 5 minutes, add half a lemon and a tablespoon of honey. Drink should be drunk in small sips. It has a soothing, relaxing and anti-inflammatory properties.
From joint pain
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger;
- 0.5 teaspoon ground chilli pepper;
- 10 grams of ground turmeric;
- some mustard or sesame oil.
All the ingredients are heated to a steam temperature of 36.6 degrees. Blend the mixture on a cut of natural tissue and attach it to the sore spot, fixing with bandages. With exacerbations, compress should be done daily.
Recipe 2.to table of contents ^
For preparation of medicinal tincture 2 teaspoons of ground ginger pour 200 ml of alcohol( 96%) and insist in a dark place for 7 days. Then the infusion should be filtered and rubbed by it the diseased parts of the body 3-4 times a day. It has a warming and analgesic effect.
From stomach pain
Peeled ginger root rub, pour hot water and infuse for 10-15 minutes. In the drink you can add a spoon of honey or maple syrup. Ginger water helps with nausea, pain and discomfort in the stomach.
For stomach disorders, flatulence and dyspepsia, it is recommended to drink a cocktail of:
- 0.5 cups of natural yogurt;
- 2.5 teaspoons ground ginger;
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder.
With headaches and back pain ginger compress will help. For the preparation of the mix:
- 2 teaspoons of ginger powder;
- 1 teaspoon turmeric;
- a pinch of ground chili pepper.
This mixture is diluted with water, mixed, spread on the tissues and attached to the problem site, firmly securing.to table of contents ^
From muscle pain
Get rid of aches and pain in the muscles will help bath with ginger. In a liter of boiled water add 2 tablespoons of ginger powder and boil for 10 minutes. In the prepared bath to pour in the broth and sit in it for 15-20 minutes.to table of contents ^
To reduce toothache and relieve gingivitis will help a piece of ginger attached to a sore spot. In addition, the spicy root kills pathogens and freshens breath.to contents ^
It is useful for seasick patients to chew fresh fresh root pieces or take 2 mg of ginger powder twice a day with plenty of liquids. From motion sickness in transport, you can add powder to tea or water and drink before the trip.
Recipe 2.to table of contents ^
Ginger root extract, which can be found in the pharmacy, is very effective in seasickness. It should be taken 2-3 times a day for 10 drops at a time. Ginger extract can be added to warm tea, juice or compote.
Men are advised to add ginger root to food and beverages to enhance male strength and sexual health. With the help of ginger, you can speed up the healing process and relieve the symptoms of inflammation of the prostate. To do this, connect 10 grams of ginger root and 100 ml of vodka. Blend and insist in a dark place for 14 days. Take infusion of 15 drops three times a day for 20-30 minutes before meals.to table of contents ^
Ginger tea helps reduce blood sugar and improves its coagulability. To make it necessary, wash, clean and finely chop fresh ginger root, pour it with boiling water and insist for 2 hours. Drinking with type 2 diabetes is 100 ml twice daily just before eating.to table of contents ^
Mix a teaspoon of ginger powder with the same amount of turmeric and dilute with water until a thick gruel is obtained. The tool to handle problematic places. It has anti-inflammatory, disinfecting and healing properties.to table of contents ^
The most effective remedy for worms is ginger spirit tincture. Shredded root of ginger pour vodka or alcohol in a ratio of 1: 1 and infuse for 14 days, periodically shaking the container. Take infusion three times a day for 1 teaspoon 30 minutes before meals for two weeks.to the table of contents ^
For weight loss
In 1 liter of boiling water, brew 3 tablespoons of ground ginger. In the infusion, add mint leaves and 3 tablespoons of orange juice, lemon or lime. Cool the tea to 40 degrees, add honey to taste and drink throughout the day.
Recipe 2.to contents ^
In a two-liter thermos, put the ginger root about 4 cm in size and 2-3 cloves of garlic, pour boiling water and leave for several hours. Then strain and drink tea for weight loss during the day.
Shredded ginger in an amount of 200 grams mixed with honey until a thick mass is obtained. Store the mixture in the refrigerator can be no more than a week in a container of dark glass. In ARVI, it is recommended to take a tablespoon before bedtime in the first 2 days of the disease.
Recipe 2.to the table of contents ^
The product is useful for preventing flu and colds. Pass 4 lemons through the meat grinder along with the peel and medium sized ginger root. Add 100-180 grams of honey to the mixture. Store in a glass container. Eat 15 grams per day for two weeks.
To prepare a firming hair mask with ginger root, pour 2 tablespoons of ginger juice, a few drops of burdock and rosemary oil and 1 tablespoon of cognac into the enamelware. All the ingredients mix well, rub into the roots of the hair and warm the head. After 40 minutes, rinse with shampoo.
To prepare a nutritional mask for hair, mix:
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder;
- 5 tablespoons kefir;
- 5 ml of lemon juice;
- 1 yolk.
The mask is spread over the length of the hair. Wrap up with polyethylene and after half an hour and rinse.to the table of contents ^
However, for the application of ginger root, there are contraindications. The main of them:
- Diseases of the stomach and intestines. With gastritis, the presence of erosions, ulcers and lesions of the mucous, eaten ginger will only intensify these problems.
- Tumors in the area of the gastrointestinal tract. The use of spices can promote their growth.
- Liver diseases( including hepatitis C, cirrhosis). Ginger stimulates the secretory activity of liver cells, and this process is very harmful, because the cells are in an irritated state.
- Stones in the biliary tract. The product can affect the movement of the stone, which can lead to an exacerbation of chronic conditions and surgical intervention.
- Hemorrhoids , accompanied by frequent bleeding. Ginger increases bleeding and is contraindicated in all its manifestations.
- Heart and Vessel Diseases : high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack, ischemic heart disease, etc.
- High temperature. Ginger intake will increase it even more.
- Skin diseases. Will intensify irritation and aggravate the condition.
- Second half of pregnancy and lactation.
- Allergy and individual intolerance of the product.
- Child age, especially up to 2 years.
Ginger can cause an overdose, as it interacts with drugs and has a stimulating effect. Therefore, do not combine ginger and drugs recommended for diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease.A safe dose of ginger for an adult is 2 grams of root per 1 kg of body weight.to contents ^
Procurement and storage of
The whole ginger root is best stored in the refrigerator. In order for it not to frown and not dry, it should be packed first into a napkin, and then into a food film, completely eliminating air access. But before that you need to trim all the spoiled places and wipe the ginger well with a dry napkin. Peel is not worth cleaning, it protects the root from drying out.
If the root needs to be stored for no more than 7 days, then it can simply be put in the vegetable compartment. But it should be taken into account that it has a strong spicy smell, which is easily transferred to other products.
To keep the spicy root for up to 6 months, it needs to be grinded on a grater or cut into thin bars, put in a plastic container and freeze in the freezer.Another grated ginger root can be preserved in honey, this combination enhances the useful properties of both products.