There is an opinion that the language should be gently pink, without plaque and stains. But a white coating on the tongue is formed in every healthy person. It is caused by the accumulation between the papillae of remnants of food, dead epithelium and leukocytes, curdled protein saliva. In other words, getting rid of it is completely impossible and not necessary. Signs about the violation of body functions only the situation when the tongue is coated with white coating, it is impossible to clean mechanically. Let us consider the most frequent reasons for the appearance of white plaque in the language.
- Common causes
- Infectious diseases
- Internal pathology
- How to get rid of
Common causes of
Factors of plaque formation include:
- frequent use of alcohol;
- inattention to oral hygiene, unsuitable toothpaste;
- eating white.
Diseases of the
language Some diseases of the tongue are known to medicine, accompanied by a touch of white color. These include:
- Catarrhal glossitis is an acute inflammation that indicates the parallel course of stomatitis, the presence of caries, dental stones, prosthesis or metal plates in the oral cavity, as well as her injuries.
- Ulcerative glossitis is an inflammation characterized by an unpleasant odor from the mouth and a gray coating, the withdrawal of which causes bleeding ulcers.
- Desquamative( geographic) glossitis - red spots appear on the tongue against the background of white plaque. The cause of it is dysbiosis or congenital abnormalities.
- Galvanic stomatitis - manifests itself in the form of white plaque and pimple spots. He is due to wearing metal prostheses.
- Leukoplakia of the oral cavity: keratinization of the mucous epithelium, affecting the sides and top of the tongue. Characterized by burning and spotting plaque. The etiology of this disease is unknown, but with the appropriate symptoms it is necessary to consult a doctor, since there is a probability of transformation of the malignancy into a malignant form.
Often whiteness is associated with weakening of immunity during ARVI, tonsillitis tonsillitis. In this case, the raid will pass along with the disease, when the body gets stronger and can fight with foreign bacteria.
Fungi of the genus Candida, reproducing immediately with a weakening of the general tone, also leave a white coating on the tongue. With oral candidiasis, the manifestations are characterized by a curdled structure of the plaque, which, when removed, opens up a hyperemic, sometimes bleeding epithelium. This fungus manifests itself both with reduced immunity during illnesses and in HIV-infected patients.In this case, the thicker the layer of plaque, the more serious its cause and the longer the disease, it provoked.to contents ^
Pathology of internal organs
Language is not in vain considered a mirror of health, because it is his changes that signal violations of vital internal organs. The deformation of different parts of it indicates various problems of the relevant bodies.
- A dense plaque in the middle of the tongue warns of the possible development of a stomach ulcer. With a duodenal ulcer, in addition to the plaque, there is a burning sensation of the tongue, which feels like a pain from a burn.
- The whiteness of the root of the tongue, combined with the appearance of prints on the sides, means inflammation in the large and small intestine.
- If the plaque is accompanied by dryness of the tongue, fever and signs of cholecystitis, that is suspicion of bile retention and inflammation of the bile ducts.
- If the tongue is completely covered with a touch of white color, there is an occasion to be checked for the presence of tumors of the esophagus and stomach of various etiologies.
- In addition to warning of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract white coating can talk about the ailments of other organs:
- The plaque on the tip of the tongue signals bronchitis or inflammation of bronchial mucosa of a different etiology.
- White formation at the base of the tongue, as well as on the sides of its root part, warns of possible renal failure. In this case, the plaque is accompanied by weakness, dry mouth and an unpleasant odor.
- The back of the tongue becomes covered if the patient is suffering from diabetes mellitus. This is due to the pathological transformation of the salivary glands.
- Constant dryness in the oral cavity together with a thick layer of whitish plaque indicates a possible liver failure.
- Lesions in the center closer to the tip of the tongue can indicate heart disease, and on the sides of the tip - about problems with the lungs.
How to get rid of
Depending on the complexity of the original cause of the raid, you can get rid of it yourself or with medical help.
The most simple method, effective if the plaque was formed due to insufficient oral hygiene, is a thorough cleaning of the tongue by the back side of the toothbrush, as well as the selection of a toothpaste that cares for the entire oral cavity, and not just about the teeth.
Treatment of white plaque in the language of adults and children suggests:
Read about http://woman-l.ru/spisok-skrytyx-infekcij-u-zhenshhin/ hidden infections in women.
- the elimination of infectious diseases;
- increased immunity;
- diet correction;
- rejection of bad habits: smoking, drinking alcohol.
In addition, in the presence of accompanying anxiety symptoms, it is important to consult a therapist who will send for further examinations to detect a malfunction in the body. Despite the seeming frivolity of the problem, only an experienced physician is able to diagnose why a white coating has formed on the tongue, and the reasons for prescribing treatment are not manifestations.