Beautiful tan is always associated with youth and good mood. Today you can enjoy a beautiful bronze tan all year round. The solar function is performed by solariums, which are equipped with ultraviolet lamps. The solarium allows a person to get the required degree of sunburn, regardless of the time of the year.
But since the popularization of solariums a lot of controversy has arisen about whether an artificial tan is useful for a person. Let's find out what the harm and benefit of the solarium is.
- story of tanning
- benefits of tanning
- Indications solarium
- Rules solarium
- Selection Criteria solarium
- skin type and amount of sunbeds
- negative consequences solarium
- Contraindications solarium
story of tanning
first solariums «Cosmedico"Were developed in 1975 by a major German company led by Friedrich and Jörg Wolff. Initially, the solarium was a bench for sunburn, over which were fixed ultraviolet lamps. We used a solarium exclusively for the treatment of psoriasis. Over time, doctors found that ultraviolet radiation positively affects the entire human body.
Today, the capsules of the solarium differ in their original design. Many of them are equipped with facilities for aromatherapy, air conditioning systems, stereo systems and other innovative technologies. Visiting such a solarium, you can relax as much as possible and relieve stress.to the table of contents ^
Use of artificial sunburn
Ultraviolet rays activate metabolic reactions in the body, accelerate the circulation and improve the work of the respiratory system. Regular visits to the solarium also helps:
- Dealing with depression. In the human body under the influence of ultraviolet synthesized hormones of happiness - endorphins. Insufficient amount of sunlight in the autumn-winter period causes a depressive state in a person. To prevent it, doctors recommend periodically taking light therapy courses and visiting a solarium.
- Synthesize vitamin D. Under the influence of ultraviolet in the human body, valuable vitamin D is synthesized, which improves the functioning of the central nervous system and the organs of the circulatory system, and also increases the body's defense responses. The results of many scientific studies confirm the fact that the lack of this vitamin in the female body causes premature aging. If you visit the solarium at least twice a week for 5 minutes, you can normalize the level of vitamin D in the body.
- Prepare the skin for the summer season. In tanning beds the skin receives a strictly dosed amount of ultraviolet rays, and our body adapts to them gradually. When we go to rest on the sea, the skin is already fully prepared for safe sunbathing.
- Treat skin diseases. After irradiation with artificial ultraviolet, the skin is cleaned and its structure is restored. The solarium is especially recommended for people who suffer from psoriasis.
Indications for use of solarium
Artificial ultraviolet irradiation is recommended for the following therapeutic and prophylactic purposes:
- compensation of solar insufficiency;
- to combat chronic fatigue syndrome;
- getting rid of youth acne;
- normalization of immune reactions of the body;
- treatment of skin diseases - psoriasis, oily seborrhea, eczema;
- hardening of the body;
- stimulation of hematopoiesis.
Rules for using the solarium
In order for sunburn to be useful and safe for the body, it is important to consider the following rules for using the solarium:
- Before the procedure, take a shower or bath using a gentle cleanser to avoid breaking the skin's protective barrier.
- Do not use cosmetics or perfumes to cause allergic reactions to the skin. On the surface of the skin, apply only sunscreen, and protect the lips with a balm.
- Before the procedure, cover the hair with a kerchief, and protect the eyes with special glasses.
- Piercing, moles and fresh scars glue bandage. If you take artificial sun baths in the style of "nude", use a special nipple cover to protect the mammary glands.
- If you are taking antibiotics, tranquilizers or painkillers, consult your doctor about the advisability of visiting the solarium.
- After visiting the solarium, take a contrast shower and apply a moisturizing lotion to the skin surface. You can drink tea, brewed on the basis of medicinal herbs, or a glass of apricot juice.
Criteria for choosing a solarium
When selecting a quality solarium, the following criteria should be considered:
- For a safe tan, choose a tunnel-shaped solarium where low-pressure lamps are located that are suitable for customers with any type of skin. Lamps of low pressure also reduce the risk of burns on the skin.
- In the solarium, sunbeds should be periodically treated with disinfectants.
- For effective tanning, the lamps in the solarium should be "fresh".The service life of the ultraviolet lamp is not more than 500 hours.
- In a quality capsule solarium should be a lamp for the face. In the absence of such lamps, there is a risk of burns on the face.
- The solarium should be equipped with high-quality ventilation devices and an emergency call button.
The process of sunbathing should be supervised by a specialist with a medical background that will help you schedule a visit to the solarium.to the table of contents ^
Skin type and number of visits to the solarium
To tan smooth and had a pleasant golden hue, visit the solarium three times a week. The total number of visits to the solarium, as well as the duration of sessions depend on the type of human skin. Consider them in more detail:
- Celtic type. This type of skin is characteristic for people with blue or green eyes, who have blonde hair and white skin with freckles. The duration of the session is 5 minutes. You need to visit the solarium twice a week.
- Nordic type. This type of skin occurs in people with blond hair and light-colored eyes. Clients with a Nordic skin type are shown to visit the solarium three times a week. The duration of the procedure is 10 minutes.
- Central European type. This type of skin is characteristic for people with dark eyes and brown hair. Clients with a Central European skin type can visit the solarium three times a week. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes.
- Mediterranean type. This type of skin is characteristic for people with dark skin, dark eyes and dark hair. Customers with Mediterranean skin type can visit the solarium once a week. The duration of the session is no more than 30 minutes.
Negative consequences of visiting the solarium
Specialists claim that frequent visits to the solarium causes the following conditions in the person:
- Tanorexia. It has been experimentally proved that frequent visits to a solarium cause a person psychological dependence. Without the usual dose of ultraviolet light, a person's mood worsens, he feels exhausted and depressed. Tanorexia most often affects people under 30 years old.
- Skin aging. A large number of artificial ultraviolet rays deplete the skin, increasing the risk of signs of premature aging.
- Education of melanoma. Regular visits to the solarium increase the risk of developing skin cancer. According to scientific research, people at the age of 30 are at risk.
- Appearance of pigmentation on the skin. If you are taking antibiotics, hormones or diuretics, the risk of pigmentation on the skin surface after a visit to the solarium increases.
Contraindications to visit the solarium
Solarium is prohibited to visit people with cancerous tumors, skin diseases, expectant mothers and children. Artificial ultraviolet irradiation is also contraindicated in the following diseases:
- active form of tuberculosis;
- acute infections;
- blood diseases;
- cystic lesions;
- severe diabetes;
- kidney failure;
- systemic lupus erythematosus;
- severe hypotension;
- increased sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet radiation.
If you are not characterized by the abovementioned diseases, you can safely sunbathe in the solarium, taking into account the individual characteristics of your body.