A beautiful snow-white smile is the best decoration of every person and it will be unpleasant if it is spoiled by flaws in the dentition. Because of such defects, people often hide their emotions, complex, less talk and smile. The gap between the front teeth( diastema) is one of the most common deformities. It is almost impossible to prevent this problem, but it is possible to remove it with the help of modern technologies by a good specialist.
- appears What to do
appear? To investigate the causes of the deformation, scientists conducted research that helped determine a number of prerequisites:
The child can be caused by the following:
- Ancestral predisposition( if one of the parentsthere was a gap between the teeth, that is, the likelihood that the child she will appear).
- Low attachment or massiveness of the bridle of the upper lip.
- Congenital defects of the oral cavity, for example, abnormal shapes and dimensions of the lateral incisors, too short a bridle, large density of the bony septum.
- Late change of milk teeth to permanent.
- Partial undentia( absence of some teeth).
In adult diastema, the following factors may occur:
- If one of the incisors or chewing teeth is lost at an earlier age. In this case, the central teeth gradually begin to disperse into the place of the absent.
- When the condition of the periodontal leaves much to be desired, the front teeth disperse in a fanlike manner. Most often, this phenomenon is observed on the lower jaw in women after 40 years.
- Harmful habits( smoking, constantly gnawing the front teeth of seeds, etc.).
- In case of removal of any tooth without prosthetics.
What to do
It's much easier to eliminategap between the front teeth in childhood and adolescence, but also for the treatment of adult teeth, many methods of both accelerated and long-term therapy have been developed.
Children often have a tooth diastema, with gaps formed not only between the front teeth. In this case, the doctor will advise wearing braces on the teeth, braces, that even without a diastema will be useful for the future smile of the child.
Braces are also used to treat adult teeth. However, depending on the complexity of the problem, wearing them on the teeth will take a year or more. With the help of braces, you can not only remove the gap between the front teeth, but also completely align the bite. However, this method is not suitable for everyone, the doctor must determine the indications for it.
The second way to improve the appearance of teeth - cosmetic restoration and therapeutic restoration of teeth.
The doctor builds a filling material from the polymer between the gaps, this method is very simple and fast in execution, as a rule, it will take 1 session. However, the minus is that the polymer on the teeth is short-lived and can collapse, but if this happens, you can repeat the procedure.
The third method is the most expensive - it is surgical plastic of the teeth. In practice, this is the masking of the teeth behind the crowns. Crowns can be made of various materials, including gold, silver, porcelain, they are often decorated with splashes of precious stones.