Why does my head hurt? Causes, first aid, drugs, prevention of headaches
Headaches are familiar to almost everyone. Most often they are not a harbinger of serious diseases. Painful sensations in the head can be signs of overwork or overstrain of the body. But, sometimes migraine and other kinds of headaches, can be a syndrome of more serious diseases.
- Causes of headache
- What processes occur in the brain with headaches?
- First aid for headache
- Preparations for headache
- Vitamins for headache
- Prevention of headaches
- Tips and reviews for headache
- Video. How to relieve the headache
for five minutes Causes of a headache
The cerebral cortex is very sensitive to various stimuli. Moreover, such stimuli can be both internal and external:
- Headaches can be caused by damage to the vessels at the base of the skull or large arteries. Violation of cerebral circulation is the main cause of pain
- Frequent and prolonged headaches can be caused by oxygen starvation and spasm of brain vessels
- Another reason for this pain is the change in blood composition. If the blood becomes dense and viscous, it leads to a slowing of its movement along the vessels. So, the influx of oxygen and nutrients into the brain decreases
- Also, one of the causes of chronic headaches is damage to the cartilaginous or bony tissues of the spine
In addition, the causes of headaches are the influence of various fields in which a person spends a lot of time. Even a long conversation on the mobile phone can lead to pain in the head.
We live in a technogenic world, therefore( except for the "mobile phone") the body can be adversely affected:
- electro-magnetic fields of electrical networks( so make sure that your power cable does not pass near your bed)
- low- and high-frequency sound noises
- fieldswireless data transmission( this is not advertised, but there are already studies that directly point to Wi-Fi harm)
IMPORTANT: Alcohol poisoning is also a frequent cause of headache. The thing is that with excessive consumption of beverages containing alcohols, brain cells die.
- Lack of sleep and frequent stress are also causes of the problems described above.
- Headaches can also be caused by insufficient amount of hormones produced by the neurotransmitters
- . The most terrible causes of headaches are the formation of malignant tumors and cysts in the brain.
- . Also, the causes of painful sensations in the head may beconcussion and meningitis
What processes occur in the brain with headaches?
The brain is the most "secret" at the moment human organ. Therefore, it is impossible to say that the processes occurring in this organ with headaches can not be fully studied.
And if you consider that pain can occur for many reasons( they are described above).That the descriptions of the processes passing at each of them will be drawn to the doctoral thesis. Therefore, below is only a brief information.
There are no pain receptors in the brain itself. They are located in the shell, which is the brain. Therefore, the pains arising in different parts of such a shell have a different nature. And they feel differently.
One of the causes of the headache is vasospasms. In this case, the vessels that are in the head, due to various pathologies, taper. This impairment causes deterioration in the oxygen supply of cells and the proper removal of carbon dioxide.
In addition, narrowing of the blood vessels delivering nutrients and oxygen to the head can be caused by disorders in the cervical spine. The thing is that this part of the spine has a rather thin structure. And this despite the fact that it is an impressive load.
A number of nerve fibers, blood vessels and lymphatic vessels pass through the cervical segment of the spine. Their squeezing, due to damage to the bone and cartilaginous parts of the cervical spine segment, is a frequent cause of headaches.
As for the headache caused by a long time in the area of strong electromagnetic waves. Then everything is simple. Probably everyone knows that proteins, phospholipids( molecules of cell membranes) and water ions have a weak electromagnetic field. Such a field is necessary for the normal operation of these molecules.
But, being under the influence of an electromagnetic field, such molecules begin to behave, yielding to its influence. That negatively affects the work of the whole body and the brain in particular. The same thing, albeit to a lesser extent, concerns the operation of cellular communication, wi-fi, etc. Especially detrimental to the work of the brain is the radiation field.
IMPORTANT: Recently, very often began to bind headaches with a lack of intake of glucose into the brain. That is why it is believed that fasting can cause headaches. But, scientists have not yet been able to prove such a connection. True, there are no results to the contrary.
It is also important to remember that alcoholic beverages can cause a headache. First, they can be of poor quality, and act like poison. But even high-quality alcohol can destroy the cells of the body. Alcohols lead to dehydration, destruction of blood vessels and other problems. Intoxication from excessive amounts of alcohol can lead to severe headaches.
Violation of cerebral vessels, as well as their destruction, can be associated with various pathologies, lack of sleep, brain concussion and other reasons. Headache in this case develops due to the fact that the destroyed vessels can not deliver the right amount of nutrients and oxygen to the brain. As a result, it stops working normally. And the envelope surrounding it "gives" about this sign.
First aid for headache
As the nature of the headaches is different, it is necessary to approach the solution of this problem in different ways. The easiest and most effective solution for headaches can be taking painkillers. But if analgesics are used for this purpose, then soon, the body can get used to such drugs and the desired effect from them will not be achieved. With frequent headaches, consult a doctor.
- Headache and self-massage of the head and neck can help with headache. The massage of the temporal part can be performed in conjunction with menthol ointment or "Zvezdochka" balm
- A cool forehead compress or warm head compress is also capable of relieving the headache. Compression for pain in the temporal areas can be carried out using a soaked in tincture of cinnamon, fabric
- Excellent removes the headache leaf fresh cabbage. It must be applied to the part of the head where the focus of pain lies. Then roll the head with a warm towel. Change the cabbage as the leaf will dry up. Such a compress can be left for the night.
IMPORTANT: It is important to stop smoking and alcohol from headaches. These bad habits can themselves become the causes of painful sensations. And also to negate the treatment of this problem. It is impossible to apply ice to the head.
- "Paracetamol" and "Panadol" - are used for headaches of mild to moderate intensity. Accepted from 500 ml to 4 g per day. One should take no more than 1 g of this drug
- "Migrenol" - the composition of the drug includes paracetamol and caffeine, which enhances its effect. Use this drug is necessary for headaches caused by low blood pressure. Take this drug you need 2 tablets 4 times a day. The interval between doses should be at least 4 hours
- "Solpadein" is a drug based on paracetamol, caffeine and codeine. The action of the drug is similar to that of Migrolen. Take this drug you need 1-2 tablets 3-4 times a day. The interval between doses should be at least 4 hours
- "Analgin" is a popular analgesic on the basis of metamizole sodium. It also has antipyretic effect. Recently, many side effects from taking "analgin" have been revealed. Therefore, if there are alternative means, then it is better to use their
- "Pentalgin Plus" , "Sedal-M" and "Piralgin" - powerful remedy against headache. It is not recommended to use more than five days in a row. Take these drugs 1 tablet 1-3 times a day. Daily norm - 4 tablets
- "Ascofen-P" , "Kofil-Plus" and "Citramon Ultra" - are used for weak and moderate headaches. Take 1-2 tablets three times a day. The daily norm is not more than 8 tablets
- "Tempalgin" - another popular tool based on metamizole sodium. The caffeine, which is part of this preparation, enhances the action of the active substance. Take 1 tablet 1-3 times a day. In the absence of pain, the medication should be discontinued
- Nurofen is a very popular remedy for headaches recently. Also has antipyretic effect. Take one tablet 3-4 times a day
- "Spazmalgon" and "Spazgan" - excellent tools for treating headache caused by spasm of blood vessels. Take 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day after meals
Vitamins for headache
- In order to prevent headaches, you need to include various minerals and vitamins in your diet. It is best that vitamins enter the body in a natural way. That is with food. To do this, you need to diversify your diet, include various useful herbal products and milk
- To counteract migraine, you need to increase in your diet foods rich in vitamin B2.According to the latest data, this vitamin reduces the risk of migraine by 48%.Thanks to riboflavin, metabolic processes in the body are improving. This vitamin enhances the synthesis of nerve cells. Vitamin B2 is found in large quantities in fish, dairy products, eggs and mushrooms.
- With a headache caused by hormonal failures( most often a lack of estrogen) it is necessary to increase the intake of products containing magnesium. Such products include bananas, potatoes and chocolate
- Coenzyme Q10 will help to counter stress and overexertions, which can also lead to headaches. This antioxidant, among other things, is responsible for the health of the vessels of the brain. Most of such substance in fish( tuna and mackerel) and cabbage of broccoli
- Also for the prevention of headaches it is necessary to increase the consumption of vitamin E
Prevention of headaches
- To prevent headaches caused by a lack of oxygen flow to the brain, you need to ventilate the room more often and stay out in the fresh air more often. It is advisable to take for a rule daily walks in the park or in the forest
- It is also important to observe the regime of the day. Eight-hour sleep can become a healer from a variety of diseases. Including head disease
- Bath with aromatherapy, a warm head compress or a cool forehead compress also help to cure this disease
- If headaches are caused by dehydration, you need to increase fluid intake. It is important to get rid of the described ailment to exclude from your life stress and overstrain
- Ginger tea is an excellent tool for the prevention of headaches. This drink in China is considered an "elixir from thousands of diseases."It can also be used to prevent the described problems
THE IMBIRDY TEA RECIPE. To make this tea, you need to wash the root of the ginger and grate it on a fine grater. In a saucepan with boiling water, you need to put a few teaspoons of chopped ginger. One spoon corresponds to one cup of tea. Allow to leave the water for about two minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool. You can drink ginger tea with mint, lemon or add green tea to boiling water.
Tips and Feedback for Headache
Daria, 29 years old. I use compresses with onions for headaches. This tool was suggested to me by my grandmother. To do this, you need to take a large bulb. Peel it from the husk and finely chop it. Then you need to crush the chopped onion in a tissue napkin, attach to the focus of pain and wrap the head with a towel.
Video. How in five minutes to remove the headache