Coughing in a child is a symptom that requires immediate treatment. But you can not use any drugs here. Treatment should be comprehensive and include only those medicines that contain natural ingredients. Very often children to eliminate cough pediatricians prescribe Solodki syrup. This is a very effective drug, which can be used for the youngest.
What is the cause of the cough after eating, is indicated in this article.
- 1 The effect of
- 2 How to use, drink
- 2.1 From what age can I start treatment
- 2.2 Diagram of syrup intake for toddlers of different ages
- 3 Price
- 4 Reviews
The effect of
Licorice belongs to the most ancient plants. Her therapeutic properties are actively used by our grandmothers for the treatment of colds, the main manifestation of which is cough. The presented plant exerts an expectorant effect. But according to the conducted research, during which the composition of licorice was studi
In folk medicine licorice is actively used to treat the following ailments:
- dry bronchitis;
The article describes how to treat dry cough in adults.
On the video - instruction on the use of licorice syrup for the treatment of children:
How to treat a smoker's cough, you can find from the article.
The plant has a rich composition, and for the preparation of syrup, the root of the licorice root is used. They contain such important components as saponins and glycyrrhizic acid. As part of licorice, scientists found ascorbic acid, resin, gum, essential oil. All these components help to remove spasm and eliminate the inflammatory process. Licorice syrup for treatment of children's cough has an expectorant, emollient, antitoxic effect. In addition, the presented drug allows you to dilute sputum and quickly remove it from the bronchi when exposed to a syrup on the human body can improve the secretion of the mucosa in the respiratory tract, activates the ciliated epithelium of the trachea and bronchi. Syrup of licorice has an anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effect.
This medicine allows you to eliminate the diseases of the respiratory tract, which leads to a cough. Syrup of licorice is actively prescribed to children to eliminate cough with bronchitis of acute and chronic type, pneumonia.
What are the causes of perspiration and coughing in the throat, you can learn from this article.
Also, the drug has a positive effect in the treatment of laryngitis, pharyngitis.
But applying licorice syrup is not always possible. There are some limitations. So, doctors do not prescribe treatment with the use of this drug for children suffering from diabetes. Another syrup is forbidden to admit to patients who have an individual intolerance to its individual components. With special care to the medicine should be treated in the case when the baby has gastritis, ulcer, allergy, increased blood pressure. The dosage and the regimen should be prescribed by the attending physician.
What to do.when a severe perspiration in the throat and dry cough, you can learn from the article.
If the pediatrician's prescriptions are not followed, the child may experience the following side effects:
- severe rash;
- violation of water-electrocoliote balance;
- redness on the skin.
The course of therapy prescribed by a physician should be followed in order. If you are interested in licorice syrup, then the baby can develop the following pathology:
From this article you can find out what to do when a long time cough is dry.
If, after treatment with licorice syrup, your child's condition worsens, you should urgently seek medical help. If you use licorice syrup in combination with medications for the heart, the child may develop a disease that is characterized by a lack of potassium.
How to apply, drink
Use the syrup no more than 4 times a day after a meal. After use, drink plenty of water. With caution, the drug should be used by small children, taking into account the dosage. At the time of prescribing the doctor must take into account the patient's state of health, as well as the severity of the illness.
What are the causes of a night cough in a child, is indicated in the description of this article.
At what age can I start treatment with
? Many parents ask a question about the age at which cough can be treated with licorice syrup, and how much to give. Doctors allow the treatment of colds in which a cough occurs, for children 2 to 3 years old .This drug is completely safe for health, and also successfully treats diseases of the upper respiratory tract. For this reason, all pediatricians actively prescribe licorice syrup.
What drugs for a nebulizer with a dry cough are most often used, is indicated in the article.
Diagram of syrup intake for babies of different ages
During treatment of cough it is very important to accurately observe the dosage, which for a certain age of the patient is different. So, the intake of the syrup should be used as follows:
- Patients under 2 years of age - use the medicine only as directed by the doctor, just 2 drops per 10 g of water.
- Children 2-12 years old - a dessert spoon, dissolved in 200 ml of cold water.
- Patients over 12 years of age - a dessert spoon with ¼ cup.
In order to facilitate the release of sputum, the drug must be washed down with plenty of water. Therapeutic course is 10 days, but no more, otherwise you can earn side effects.
The child has an allergic cough, what to do and how to stop it, you can learn from the article.
You can buy this drug in any pharmacy without a prescription. The medicine costs only 55 rubles.
- Helena, 26 years old : "I used licorice syrup to treat my daughter's cough. She is only 2.5 years old, but the doctor convinced me that the influence that this medicine has is safe. My daughter took the drug 4 times a day, according to the dosage indicated in the instructions. After a week of use, my daughter began to actively sputum, and a cough of dry turned into wet. I did not notice any side effects. "Very well helped with coughing. "
- Tatiana, 29 years old : "A licorice syrup to my son was prescribed by a doctor when he was 5 years old, and we got tonsillitis. At night, he was troubled by a dry, painful cough. To look at the torment the kid did not have the strength, and I went to the doctor. The doctor prescribed the syrup for 14 days. After this time, the dry cough became wet, and all the accumulated mucus began to come out. At night, my child began to sleep, as unpleasant coughing attacks disturbed him only during the day. "
- Miroslava, 16 years old : "I used this syrup when I was 13 years old, and I contracted bronchitis. In addition, that I had a fever, there were pains in my throat, morning and night, I was haunted by a wet cough. For liquefaction of sputum and its rapid release from the bronchi, I used licorice syrup. After 10 days, my state of health improved, and the coughing episodes became less frequent. "
How at night an adult stops a dry cough, this article will tell in detail.
Licorice syrup is a popular cough remedy for children. A positive effect of this drug is noted by many parents who claim that after such treatment, bouts of dry and wet cough left their children, and overall well-being improved markedly.