For acute respiratory infections and other diseases of viral origin, the antiviral drug that directly affects the synthesis of i-RNA - Groprinosin 500 has proved to be very effective. I recommend pediatricians to take this medication for children. Consider the features of its composition and application instructions.
- Pharmacological properties
- Dosage and administration scheme
- Side effects
Active substance - Inosinumpranobexum( inosine pranobex).
- potato starch;
- stearic acid.
Pharmacological properties of
The active ingredient has a direct antiviral effect by suppressing the synthesis of i-RNA viruses. Immunomodulatory effect is present due to stimulation of cytokine synthesis, increased activity of macrophages and natural killers. Indirect antiviral effect is associated with stimulation of interferon production.
Inosine pranobex normalizes the ratio of subpolarizations of lymphocytes, which contributes to the restoration of the index of immune regulation.
Stimulates the formation of interleukin-1 and -2, which are mediators of inflammation and immunity. Increases the sensitivity of cell membranes and, accordingly, the speed and quality of their response to cytokines and chemotaxis factors.
Accelerates the production of antibodies against the herpesvirus type I and II, which provides a long period of remission and weakens the manifestation of the virus.
Thus, with timely use, Groprinosin has a complex effect on the immune system, increasing the body's resistance to viruses, thereby softening the symptoms of viral diseases and shortening the duration of the disease.
The drug is prescribed for treatment:
- ARVI, includinginfluenza, parainfluenza, adeno- and rhinovirus infections.
- Bronchitis, which has a viral etiology.
- Consequences of the Epstein-Barr virus.
- Chronic and acute form of herpes I and II type.
- Epidemic mumps( mumps).
- Diseases determined by cytomegalovirus and human papillomavirus( HPV).
- Acute and chronic forms of viral hepatitis B.
- Infections of the respiratory and urogenital system caused by intracellular organisms.
In connection with the immunomodulatory effect, Groprinosin is particularly effective against viral infections in people with immunodeficiency.to table of contents ^
Dosage and administration scheme
The drug is taken orally after meals. The duration and intensity of treatment depends entirely on:
- specific disease;
- presence or disappearance of symptoms.
The average course of treatment is one to two weeks, while its repetition is permissible after a break of 7-10 days.
Let's consider the scheme of taking the drug for various diseases:
- ARVI.Dosage for children is 50 milligrams of substance per kilogram of body weight. This amount of the drug is divided into three doses. One course of treatment is from a week to two. To maximize the effectiveness of therapy, it is recommended that Groprinosin should be taken from the first hours of symptoms as early as possible and continued treatment for a further one or two after complete subjective improvement.
- Bronchitis of the viral etiology. It is prescribed in the same dosage as in ARVI, but the course of treatment is prolonged to 2-4 weeks.
- Epidemic parotitis. The recommended dose is 70 milligrams per kilogram of weight, broken down into 3-4 daily intake. The average duration of therapy is 7-10 days.
- Measles. Groprinosin take 100 milligrams per kilogram of weight, the daily dose is divided into 3-4 doses, and the duration of the course is one to two weeks.
- Monocleases.50 milligrams Gropronosina for 1 kilogram of weight is used in parts, in 3-4 admission. The therapeutic effect comes in 8 days.
- Cytomegalovirus. Dosage is the same as with monocleose, but the course lasts one month.
- Herpes I and II type. I type: the dose for children is 50 milligrams per kilogram of weight, taking the drug is divided into three divided doses per day. Therapeutic course is 14 days. Type II: in the acute period - 500 milligrams three times a day for 5-6 days, in the supporting period - 500 milligrams per day in one session, for 6 months.
- Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis. The recommended dose is 5-100 milligrams per kilogram of weight, which is divided into six receptions during the day. The complete course consists of several stages: 8-10 days of treatment, 8 - break, after which the therapy is repeated 1-3 times in case of mild course of the disease, up to 9 times in case of a serious condition of the patient.
- Infections determined by human papillomavirus( HPV).The drug is given 2 tablets three times a day for 2-4 weeks. In combination with cryotherapy, a course of 5 days is recommended, 2 tablets three times a day, after which a break in a month and two repeated therapies are necessary.
For infections of the respiratory and urogenital system caused by intracellular organisms, children are prescribed 50 milligrams of funds per kilogram of weight, this dose is consumed in three doses for 21 days. There is also an alternative therapy scheme: 3 courses lasting a week, between which make a 7-day break.
To reduce immunity to normal, it is recommended to take the drug from three to nine weeks.to table of contents ^
Side effects of
Groprinosin transferred well even with prolonged therapy. Side effects disappear immediately after discontinuation of drug treatment, without requiring additional elimination.
In clinical trials in more than 1% of patients with a treatment duration of 3 months or more, the following adverse reactions were identified:
- Nausea, impaired appetite, pain in the epigastric region.
- Increase in the blood level of alkaline phosphatase, tranaminase, as well as carbamide nitrogen.
- Increased fatigue, dizziness, headache, sleep disturbance.
- Skin rashes, itching.
- Joint pain.
Less than 1% of patients experienced the following adverse reactions:
- Sleep disorder.
- Constipation, diarrhea, the amount of urine is higher than normal.
- Allergic reactions in the form of spotted rash, itching, hives, swelling of Quincke.
With normal kidney function, it is possible to increase the amount of uric acid that does not exceed the norm.
The drug is not prescribed to patients in the following cases:
- Age beforeone year.
- Intolerance to one or more of the constituents of the drug.
- Presence of stones in the bladder.
- Kidney failure of the third degree.
- Pregnancy and lactation period.
No cases of overdose have been reported with the use of therapeutic doses.
In case of an overdose, gastric lavage and therapy appropriate to the symptoms are recommended.back to contents ^
Valeria, 37, Arkhangelsk:
"For more than three years the whole family have been treated for flu only by Groprinosinom. Helps both adults and children. Addictions for all time were not observed, the effect of treatment did not decrease. The drug bribed by not only fighting well with viruses, but also almost harmless. "
Alexandra, 48, Vladimir:
"A child of 12 years, was prescribed Groprinosin against the bronchitis caused by the virus. We observed an improvement in the state of health on day 2-3, and after a full course lasting a month the examination showed that the son recovered. We learned that the drug is suitable for prevention of acute respiratory infections, and now the whole family drinks, if one is sick. "