Flax is a one- or perennial flowering plant of the family of flax, cultivated by man for many millennia. Culture is highly valued for its functionality and unique natural properties - it is woven from flax with a durable and durable fabric, its oil is used in many areas from cooking to cosmetology, and flaxseed is considered one of the most nutritious and useful products, and has virtually no contraindications to use.
Flax blossoms from the end of June to the beginning of August, its fruits are spherical capsules with seeds ripeningfrom the second half of July. The seeds are harvested in September, after which they are dried in dryers or under a canopy. Fresh plant grass is poisonous and not recommended for internal use.
Composition and healing properties of
Flaxseed contains many useful components:
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9.
- Fatty acids are alpha-linolenic.
- Dietary Fibers.
- Mucous substances.
- Lignans( a natural analogue of hormones).
- Vitamins A, E, F, H( biotin), PP, group B.
- Macro and microelements - boron, iron, iodine, potassium, calcium, silicon, magnesium, manganese, copper, sodium, nickel, selenium, sulfur, phosphorus, fluorine, chlorine, zinc.
The main properties of seeds are:
- Anti-inflammatory - suppress irritation and development of the inflammatory process, soothe the skin and mucous membranes.
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral - activate the defenses of the body to fight infections.
- Wound healing and regenerating.
- Expectorant and antitussive.
- Laxative - improve intestinal motility.
- Antiparasitic - promote the expulsion of helminths from the body.
- Enveloping - protect the walls of the stomach from an aggressive environment, while simultaneously affecting the healing process of damages.
- Antineoplastic - are used to prevent diseases of the female breast( including malignant neoplasms), as well as prostate and colon cancer.
- Purify from slags, slow the absorption of toxins.
- Normalize the level of cholesterol and sugar in the blood.
- Reduces the likelihood of blood clots in the vessels.
- Improve blood pressure.
- Calms the nervous system, helps to cope with stress, depression.
Dried flax seeds are consumed whole, adding them to dishes using for cooking decoctions and kissels. Oil is also squeezed out of the seeds, pulverized into powder to produce flax flour. Sprouted flax seeds are used as food for the enrichment of the body with vitamins and minerals.
The following medicinal preparations are made on the basis of flaxseed:
- Decoction of .To prepare the product, you need to pour 1 tablespoon of seeds with two cups of boiling water, boil in a water bath for 5 minutes, cool, mix and strain. The broth can be drunk, added to the bath, and rubbed to the skin.
- Infusion of .The recipe for brewing is as follows: 1 tablespoon of seeds pour two cups of boiling water, wrap and let it brew for 4-5 hours. The maximum effect is achieved when using the drug on an empty stomach and before going to bed.
- Oil .Obtained from the seeds of flax by cold pressing. Oil should be consumed in a cold form - the fats that form part of it are destroyed at high temperatures. Therefore, fry on linseed oil is not recommended, and add it to the dishes should be immediately before serving. Widely used in cosmetology.
- Paste .Produced by grinding flax seeds without degreasing. The resulting powder is then impregnated with the extracted oil and acquires a consistency of the paste. The product is often enriched with honey and butter, obtaining a useful sweetness - urbech.
- Flour .Is a dietary product used in a healthy diet. It is obtained by industrial grinding of the seeds with subsequent degreasing, so that the flour can be stored for a long time.
The use of flax seeds is effective in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Gastrointestinal tract injury - heaviness in the abdomen, belching, heartburn, constipation, dysbacteriosis, gastritis, ulcer, chronic colitis.
- Parasites( helminthic invasions).
- Diseases of the liver, pancreas, gallbladder and biliary tract.
- Problems of the genitourinary system - inflammation of the kidneys, bladder( cystitis).
- Diseases of the gums and mouth, inflammation of the pharynx.
- The defeat of the respiratory tract - hoarseness, sore throat, bronchitis.
- Cardiovascular diseases - hypertension, atherosclerosis of vessels, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, arrhythmia, propensity to myocardial infarction.
- Diseases of the joints - gout, rheumatism.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Menopause( menopause).
- Lesion of the skin and mucous membranes - acne, boils, irritations, burns, atopic dermatitis, conjunctivitis, barley on the eye.
- Nervous tension, persistent stress, chronic fatigue.
- Poisoning, recovery periods after drug or chemotherapy.
- . Oncological diseases.
- Conditions of immunodeficiency.
There are limitations to the intake of flaxseed:
- Some gynecological diseases of women - uterine myoma, endometritis, polycystic ovary.
- Prostatitis in men.
- Exacerbations of cholecystitis, colitis, pancreatitis.
- The presence of large stones in the kidneys, bile and urinary bladder.
- Pregnancy and lactation - this means that the remedy should be administered solely by the doctor's prescription.
- Age under 3 years.
- Individual intolerance.
In some cases, the intake of flax seeds can harm the body and cause negative reactions:
- When using inadequate amounts of water, there may be a severity in the liver, bloating, flatulence, diarrhea, vomiting.
- If excessive( more than 2 tablespoons per day) intake of the product contained in it, cyanogenic glycosides accumulate in the body, which can lead to poisoning. These cyanides decompose under the influence of heat, so to eliminate the risks it is recommended to add seeds to baking.
- Weaken the process of iodine digestion, so it can lead to a deficiency in the body.
- Allergic reactions - redness and itching of the skin, nasal congestion.
- Hypotension( low blood pressure).
For weight loss
Caloric content of flaxseed is quite low - in 100 grams of the product contains only 201 kcal. If you follow a diet, some of the recipes for the preparation of seeds can be used as a full breakfast or dinner, temporarily replacing meat and fish dishes.
The effectiveness of flax seeds as a means to lose weight consists of the following:
- Getting into the stomach, the product takes up a significant amount of it, giving a feeling of satiety, replenishing the body's nutritional needs and reducing cravings for sweets.
- Envelopes the walls of the stomach and intestines, protects them, heals cracks and wounds.
- Adjusts metabolic processes, activating the process of absorbing nutrients.
- Promotes gentle cleansing of the body of slag and feces.
The optimal effect for losing weight is to have decoctions and infusions, soaking flax seeds in kefir or yoghurt for 30 minutes, adding them to kvass.to contents ^
Flaxseed is widely used for cosmetic purposes:
- Applying decoction to the skin removes irritation, heals small wounds, removes dryness and flaking, tightens, reduces wrinkles.
- Mask from a mixture of decoction of flaxseed and oatmeal eliminates greasy shine, mats the skin of the face.
- Hot applications from steamed seed help to get rid of acne.
- Mask based on linseed oil and honey helps the skin to retain elasticity and elasticity for a longer time, eliminates edema, activates intracellular metabolism.
- Scrub from a mixture of linseed oil and coffee gently cleanses the skin, combats cellulite.
- Rinsing hair with a decoction of flax gives them a shine and a healthy appearance.
- Mask made of linseed flour eliminates the excessive fatness of the scalp.
- Flax decoction is able to replace the lacquer or gel for styling hair - the hair on its basis is well held.
In the cooking of
Flax seed is a popular product in cooking, many dishes are prepared from it:
- Kasha - is a water or milk infusion of seeds with the addition of dried fruits, nuts, jam.
- Kissel - obtained by cooling and stirring the decoction of seeds. It can be used as an independent dish or mixed with other ingredients.
- Bakery products( bread, cookies, tortillas) - is prepared using flour, oil or flax seeds.
- Mayonnaise - to prepare the sauce, you can use the standard recipe, replacing the raw yolk with 35 grams of chopped flaxseed in a coffee grinder.
In some cases, a doctor can prescribe flax seeds as a mild agent in the fight against toxicosis, constipation, irritation of the stomach and intestines. However, you should adhere to the recommended dosage and do not exceed it - the product contains active substances that can enhance the tone of the uterus and provoke premature birth.
Also encourages the external use of drugs during pregnancy - flax seed nourishes and maintains skin elasticity, prevents the formation of stretch marks, strengthens the hair.to contents ^
The use of flaxseed for children in the following:
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Activates mental activity, improves orientation in space.
- Relieves fatigue, promotes the fastest recovery of the body.
- Improves appetite.
- Is a natural laxative, positively affects the intestinal microflora, fights with worms.
It should be remembered that the use of flax preparations is possible only when agreed with the pediatrician.