An analytical mindset is a natural feature that not everyone has, but almost everyone can develop analytical skills if they have a tendency for them. As a rule, without the ability to analyze it is difficult to realize oneself in scientific activity, to become a successful writer, it is practically impossible to deal with medicine and criminalistics, because these specialties require an impeccable analysis of facts and data.
- The meaning of the concept
- How to define
- How to develop
- Suitable professions
The meaning of the concept
Analytical abilities are the ability to logically build the process of thinking and reasoning. A person with an analytical mind, in his reflections, invariably builds up facts, images and other data in a coherent logical chain, analyzes them and on their basis makes correct conclusions or predicts the most probable result.
The habit of reasoning is inherent in almost every person, we all express our thoughts and think about the information received, but far from everyone is able to make predictions and convincing conclusions on the basis of this information. A man with an analytical mindset will always be able to find inconsistencies in the reasoning of others and find a logical solution.
How to define
To determine if you have analytical capabilities, you can pass a simple test of four exercises:
- Try several times to twist your fingers and see which finger is most often on top. The finger of the left hand will talk about a large emotional component, but the finger of the right hand shows eloquently that your thinking has an analytical store.
- A pencil or ballpoint pen should be held on an outstretched arm in the direction of some horizontal surface, preferably solid. Then close one eye and see if the handle has moved away from the horizontal line. At this point, pay attention to which eye is closed - the right will be evidence of a more rigid and analytical warehouse, and the left one will mean that your thinking is softer and more flexible, characteristic for the humanities.
- With your eyes closed, twist your arms across your chest. Then open your eyes and see which hand is on top. The left hand will be evidence of the dominance of the more sensual right hemisphere, and the right hand is the superiority of the left hemisphere, responsible for analytical abilities.
- Clap your hands several times and see carefully which hand at the time of the clap is "main" and placed on top. The right hand is a sign of decisive character and analytical mindset, and the left one will say that you have a humanitarian brain reserve and a fairly mild character.
How to develop
There are several ways to develop and train analytical skills.
- Solving crossword puzzles, solving puzzles, rebuses, reading detectives.
- View cognitive programs on history, geography, travel.
- Puzzle games: chess, checkers, erudite.
- Listening to various discussions in which political scientists take part. Watch how they argue, what arguments lead, how they build their cues.
- Maintaining an internal dialogue, when you are considering a certain fact, you ask yourself the question, how could events develop under certain circumstances. Always try to think carefully about any questions, even if it seems that the answer lies on the surface.
Often people with an analytical mindset are responsible for such spheres of life, on which the security of others directly depends. The most popular profile of professions where a mathematical and analytical mindset is needed is technical.
This includes applied natural sciences, various medical specialties, economics, as well as everything related to jurisprudence. From analysts by nature, excellent programmers, accountants, investigators, legal advisors, resuscitators, psychotherapists, accountants, marketers, political scientists turn out.