To date, pharmacy chains can buy special ready-made mixtures that are used for inhalations in the treatment of various colds. Inhalation is a technique for administering medications, based on the patient's inhalation of steam, gas, and smoke. The components of the drug have a local selective effect on the respiratory system, are not absorbed in the digestive tract and do not enter the blood.
- How to use
- When pregnant
The mixture is a combined topical preparation with natural ingredients of plant origin that have an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and expectorant effect. Produced in vials of 25 or 40 ml, a substance of brown-green or brown-yellow color. The composition usually includes:
To change the nature of the effect of the procedure, additional medications are added to the inhalation mixture:
- Menthol( menthol racemic), which irritates the receptors of the mucous membrane of the throat and oral cavity and locally increases blood circulation in the affected area.
- Eucalyptus tincture with mucolytic, expectorant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Glycerin, which softens the mucous, dilutes the sputum secreted by inflammation.
- Ethyl alcohol 96% - disinfects, deodorizes and enhances the effect of other components.
For more details on inhalations with Kromohexal, see the article http://woman-l.ru/instrukciya-dlya-ingalyacii-rastvorom-kromogeksala/to the table of contents ^
- Antihistaminic .The composition of the mixture for inhalation includes, for example, Kromogeksal or Dexamethasone. Antihistamines are medicines that carry out blockade of histamine receptors( causes swelling of the mucous membranes of the nose, pharynx, upper respiratory tract, cough).
- Bronchodilator .Contains substances that remove bronchospasm( Berotek, Berodual, Atrovent, Salgim).
- Antiedematous .Contains vasoconstrictor, such as epinephrine( Epinephrine) or Naphthysine.
The drug is administered as inhalations for cough, colds or in case ofinflammatory diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract of different etiology:
Due to the possibility of reflex bronchospasm( cough) appearing during the procedure, children are treated only under the supervision of parents, a nurse or a doctor.to table of contents ^
- acute respiratory viral infections( tracheitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis, etc.), as well as their complications( rhinosinusitis, laryngotracheitis, etc.);
- exacerbation of chronic rhinitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis;
- bronchitis acute and chronic;
- bronchial asthma;
- fungal infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
- Individual intolerance to the components of the mixture.
- Age under 2 years.
- Possible bronchospasm.
For prolonged use or with an overdose, dizziness, weakness or confusion, weakness, nausea, bifurcation in the eyes are possible.to table of contents ^
How to use
According to the instructions, the mixture is inhaled for 10-20 drops of solution, diluted in 200 ml of warm water. The time of the procedure should be at least 5 and not more than 10 minutes, the frequency of their conduct - 2-3 times a day.
For rinsing the mixture for inhalation is diluted by calculating 10 drops of solution for a glass of warm water. The course of treatment is approximately 7-10 days.
The mixture is not suitable for use in ultrasonic inhalers and inhalers of compressor type.to table of contents ^
It is allowed to use during pregnancy and lactation under the supervision of a treating doctor and only after assessing the risk-benefit ratio of the procedure.