6 months is a significant date in the life of the child, an important milestone, after which he begins a new stage of his development. Now this is no longer a helpless newborn baby, but a strengthened youngster, struggling to copy the behavior and speech of adults around him.
What did the child learn in the first six months of his life, and what skills should he have at this age?
- Physical development of
- Intellectual development of
- Emotional and social development of
Physical development of
The main indicators of the child's physical development, such as height, weight and volume of the head and chest, continue to increase with each month, although not so fast,as previously. So, for the sixth month of life the baby normally should gain about 600-650 grams and weigh to 7,100 to 7,500 grams by the half-year.
The height of the baby during this period increases by approximately 2 cm and averages from 65 to 67 cm.
The head circumference of a six-month-old baby is normally between 42-44 cm and the chest circumference is 44-46 cm.
By this time, it is possible that the child even has one or two teeth( lower incisors).What can a 5 month old child - http://woman-l.ru/chto-dolzhen-umet-rebyonok-v-5-mesyacev/
Improve and motor skills of the baby. So, his main achievement at this age is the ability to sit on his own without support and support, although not for long. Now, if you wish, you can bathe your baby no longer in a special little baby bath, but in a usual adult bath. Naturally, carefully preparing it for such an important procedure.
Many pediatricians advise to spend joint bathing of parents with the child in a large bath. This helps the baby to adapt more quickly to the new procedure and strengthens his connection with the parents. In addition, this joint bathing can be turned into a fun game that will please both you and your child.
Six month old child should normally:
- be able to turn over from the back and from the tummy to the barrel( both ways) and back;
- sit confidently in the hands of an adult or on a high chair, holding the head evenly;
- turn in all directions;
- try to sit on its own, turning on the barrel and leaning on the handle;
- bend in all directions;
- lying on the back, pull your legs into the mouth;
- to eat from a spoon;
- try to get up from sitting position, pulling on the handles or holding on to the support;
- try to stand with support;
- get up on all fours and slowly sway in this position;
- try to crawl on all fours or on the tummy( sometimes backwards).
Be careful: a six-month-old child, with his support under his arms, makes attempts to step from foot to foot, preparing to go himself after a few months. However, do not rush to put the baby on the legs, it is not at all useful for its fragile muscles and bones. Remember, everything has its time.
But the fine motor skills of muscles can be developed and even necessary. To do this, it is necessary to give the child various toys that he can grab with handles, but can not swallow, including various rattles, pyramids( but without a rod), soft toys and soft cubes. In addition, it is possible to stimulate the motor skills of small baby handles, giving him food - a six-month-old baby is already able to keep the bottle on his own, and food with handles gives him considerable pleasure.
During this period, the movements of small baby handles are becoming more coordinated. He can grab the object he likes from any position( both lying and sitting).In addition, a six-month-old child is able to hold in his or her handles not one but two objects at once, tapping them against each other or on the floor.
By this time the period of the wakefulness of the baby is increasing. Now he sleeps from eight to ten at night and twice a day( about two hours).The rest of the time the child is awake, so that he has even more time to develop and improve his skills.
Intellectual development of
The most important intellectual achievement of a six-month-old baby is the transition from walking to babble, in which it is almost certainly possible to distinguish some syllables that are similar to "na", "ma", "ba", so that sometimes parents are happy and delightedto hear from his half-year old baby the first words: "Dad", "Mom", "Baba".True, to the conscious speech of the baby is still very far away, but at the age of six months he takes serious steps along the way.
A six-month-old child must:
- recognize my mother's and father's voices, even if they come from another room;
- is good at knowing your name and responding accordingly;
- understand the meaning of the question "Where?" And look for familiar objects that are in a permanent place;
- to distinguish familiar toys by external signs and by sound;
- is focused and patiently studying toys and doing more and more with them: throwing( this is the most beloved occupation of babies), pounding, shaking, etc.;
- to look for the object that disappeared from his field of vision;
- to shift toys from one container to another, from larger capacity to smaller and in reverse order.
Emotional and social development
At the age of six months the child actively continues to study the world, his emotional and social development is being improved. He is already beginning to recognize and recognize both people and things that surround him, and give them their preferences. A six-month-old child often feels comfortable and calm with people he knows: dad, grandmother, grandfather and, of course, with his mother, as well as with his favorite toys. But new things, and especially new people can cause the baby the first signs of fear.
At this age, social adaptation of the baby is improved. So, normally a six-month-old child should:
Read what a 7 month old kid should know http://woman-l.ru/chto-dolzhen-umet-rebyonok-v-7-mesyacev/
- respond to the tone of an adult's voice and understand the meaning of the word "no";
- copy the facial expressions of the surrounding people;
- experiment with the height and strength of its voice and the various sounds that it emits, memorizing the reaction of the adults
- to distinguish close aliens and people;
- express your mood with different sounds, facial expressions and "body language"( waving pens, dropping eyes, shouting loudly, laughing, groaning or grumbling depending on the situation);
- explore new objects to the touch and taste - handles and mouth;
- recognize its reflection in the mirror;
- to study your own body.
Enthusiastic in studying the world, a six-month-old child can self-occupy himself for half an hour, howeverstill prefers loneliness communication with adults and especially with mom. Do not refuse him, because time is the main thing that you can give to your growing child.
Of course, every child is unique and develops according to his specific schedule. Perhaps he can not yet do all of the above. Do not worry about this.
But if your six-month-old kid can not reach the toy that's next to him, he can not take it in the handle, absolutely does not react to any sounds and never asks for you in his arms - be sure to consult with a specialist.
Perhaps you will be advised by special development exercises for your beloved child.