Underwater shower massage is a very useful procedure for healing and losing weight. This version of the whirlpool is perfect for relieving stress after a long and hard working day, relax your muscles and simply raise your spirits. If you think about treating various diseases with underwater massage, then all his indications, limitations and contra-indications should be taken into account.
- Useful properties
- Indication of hydromassage
Underwater hydromassage has a number of beneficial properties for the health of the body:
- way of rapid weight loss;
- full recovery of musculoskeletal functions;
- removal of fatigue;
- increase in activity;
- relaxation of muscles and tissues;
- restoration of the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels;
- activation of blood circulation;
- skin resurfacing, removal of its keratinized particles;
- oxygen saturation of cells;
- improvement in the general condition and color of the skin;
- stimulation of body purification from toxins and slagging;
- Relief from stress and overvoltage.
Indication of hydromassage
Indications for underwater massage are the following health problems:
- stress and chronic fatigue;
- arterial hypertension;
- of the SSS;
- cerebral palsy;
- diseases of the back and intervertebral joints;
- disorders of the nervous system;
- obesity and overweight;
- of the GI tract;
- joint diseases( arthritis, arthrosis, gout and others);
- physical overload;
- venous and lymphatic insufficiency;
- varicose veins;
- atrophic ulcers on the skin;
- of the genitourinary system;
There are a number of absolute contraindications. If you have some health problems, massage can only aggravate the situation.
Do not visit underwater hydromassage:
- to people suffering from hypertension;
- suffered strokes and heart attacks;
- to people with coronary heart disease;
- with thrombophlebitis;
- people with cancer;
- with propensity to form blood clots;
- for urolithiasis;
- for acute internal diseases.
- Based on contraindications it is necessary to visit the whirlpool to consult a specialist.
It is not necessary to go to a session of underwater hydromassage:
- in case of exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- at elevated temperature;
- for colds;
- for infectious diseases;
- for any obvious damage to the skin;
- during critical days;
- for children under 14 years of age without a doctor's appointment;
- during pregnancy.
Underwater hydromassage is performed according to the established scheme:
- the hydromassage bath is filled with water;
- in the bath add sea salt, essential oils, herbs;The
- person is immersed in water in a bath;
- during the first 3-5 minutes a person gets used to the water temperature, calms down and relaxes;
- after getting used to massage therapist performs a massage with a special hose, through which water is supplied under a great pressure.
For a massage hose, there are nozzles that allow you to change the intensity of the effect of water massage and its purposefulness. The pressure head and water temperature can be changed as desired.
Shower massage is performed in four main ways:
- stroking - a stream of water is served slowly at an angle of 45 ° C, the masseur as if pressing a water jet over the body of the patient, creating the effect of water stroking;
- rubbing - water is supplied in circular motions perpendicular to the body.
- kneading - the skin of the patient is slightly pulled by the masseur and the stream of water is supplied with circular motions;
- vibration - vibration is created by raising and lowering the water jet, the water temperature changes as in the contrast shower.
Usually the duration of the course of hydro massage sessions is 10-12 procedures. The duration of the session can vary from 15 to 60 minutes, depending on the purpose or purpose of the massage.