St. John's wort perforated - herbaceous perennial plant up to 80 centimeters in height. The stem is erect, with a large number of symmetrical leaves. The leaves are elliptical dark green in color. Flowers are collected in corymbose inflorescences. The flowers are bright yellow. It grows on the whole territory of Russia and Ukraine. The medicinal plant is widely used in medicine.
- chemical composition
- Medicinal properties
- Men For
- women in gynecology
- tea drink
- Broth from
- hemorrhoids When
- bruises for joint and muscular pain
- hepatitis on the wine of Cahors
- alcoholismWith acne
- With urinary incontinence
- From infertility
- From thrush
- With erosion of cervix
- From oncological cells
- for men women
- Contraindications General contraindications
- Harvesting and storage
In St. John's wort grass contains:
- tannins( up 13%);
- flavonoids( up to 8%);
- hyperoside( in grass - 0,7%, in flowers -1,1%);
- quercitrine and isoquercitrin;
- antibiotic hyperforin;
- leucoanthocyanides and anthocyanins( 5-6%);
- essential oil( 0.1-1.25%);
- nicotinic and ascorbic acid;
- vitamins P and PP;
- traces of alkaloids.
Therapeutic properties of
The herb of St. John's wort has the following medicinal properties:
- works as an antiseptic and is often claimed by those who suffer from colitis and diarrhea;
- is able to improve the secretory functions of the gastrointestinal tract, thereby contributing to better appetite;
- diseases manifested in the oral cavity are treated by St. John's wort because of its strong astringent qualities, the ability to relax the walls of the vascular system, strengthen the capillary network and increase diuresis. Copes with stomatitis, periodontitis, gingivitis.
- has a positive effect on the nervous system. Helps to eliminate insomnia or lethargy, stop hysteria, apathy, neuralgia;
- the main thrust of medicines based on St. John's wort is a disease of the gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system. Can be used as a means to improve blood clotting;
- cleanses the intestines from parasites, restores its healthy microflora.
This healing plant can be considered more narrowly:to the table of contents ^
- , due to quercetin, allows to combat prostate dysfunction, smooths out manifestations of exacerbation of prostatitis;
- normalizes blood flow in the reproductive system of men;
- stimulates the work of the genital organs and eliminates impotence, increases the potency.
- any inflammation of the female reproductive system is eliminated with the help of St. John's wort;
- diseases, such as vulvovaginitis, colpitis, are treated with this herb;
- the genitourinary system comes into normal operation.
- helps to get rid of childbearing dysfunction;
- helps in the fight against erosion and spikes;
- restores the cycle of menstruation;
- is struggling with breast pathologies.
The most commonly used and tested folk recipes with St. John's Wort:to the table of contents ^
Broths with St. John's wort have a curative and preventive effect on the body.to the table of contents ^
A teaspoon of St. John's wort perfumed flowers boiled in 300 grams of water for 5 minutes. Cool to an acceptable temperature for drinking. You can add honey. Helps with nervous disorders, depressive states. Drink it should be up to three cups a day for one to two months.to contents ^
Decoction from hemorrhoids
It is necessary to pour a tablespoon of dry raw material with boiling water, after which the boiling is continued for 15 minutes. Strain the broth and drink half a glass three times a day until the symptoms disappear.to contents ^
A tablespoon of dry raw materials per liter of boiling water, boil. Having cooled the bandage or napkin, apply to the damaged area for the night, covered with cellophane.to table of contents ^
For joint and muscle pains
Apply warming compresses on alcoholic infusion to the painful area. For the preparation of infusion, you need 4 tablespoons of raw material to pour 100 milliliters of alcohol or vodka, insist 10 days in a dark place.
Infusions with St. John's wort can be prepared for alcohol, wine and byboiling.to table of contents ^
From hepatitis to Cagor wine
The proportion to observe is 1:10, the infusion time is up to 3 hours. Inflation should occur in a glass container, which must be placed in hot water. After this time, send the container to a dark place for 12 days. Application is recommended three times a day for a quarter of a glass.to table of contents ^
A glass of boiling water should be poured into three tablespoons of grass and let stand for about an hour. A two-week course includes applying half a glass three times a day.to table of contents ^
With acne rash
10 grams of dry flower raw material per 15 milliliters of boiling water, 1 hour to insist. Use as a tonic or make lotions.to table of contents ^
When incontinence of urine
50 grams of dry flower raw material per liter of boiling water, insist 2 hours, take as tea, before going to bed.to the table of contents ^
For women, douches using St. John's wort are useful.to table of contents ^
A glass of dry grass is poured with 5 liters of water, brought to a boil, removed from heat and insisted for 40 minutes. Then filter and apply daily as a sedentary bath or syringing for two weeks.to contents ^
For this, prepare a decoction of 4 tablespoons of dry raw material, boiled for 20 minutes in two liters of water. Douching is done by a warm broth.to the table of contents ^
You can prepare oil from the St. John's wort flowers for home treatment yourself.to the table of contents ^
With erosion of the cervix
Cervical erosion is cured with cotton-tampons with hymen oil. To do this, 3 tablespoons of dry herbs or 0.5 fresh herbs with flowers are poured a glass of vegetable oil and insisted in a sealed container for three weeks. Then the infusion is filtered and used as tampons. Store the prepared preparation in the refrigerator.
From cancer cells
Cooking oil follows from fresh St. John's wort flowers. The number of flowers should be such that it fills the volume of the three-liter jar tightly. The collected flowers are placed in a glass jar, filled with unrefined sunflower oil or olive oil. Close the container with a dense natural material. Send to a dark place for 2 weeks. Apply before meals on a teaspoon. May cause mild panic at the beginning of the application, deterioration in health( drowsiness, diarrhea, nausea), however, you should continue to drink St. John's wort oil, because this is normal at the beginning of the intake.
Contraindications may be common to all and vary.to table of contents ^
Contraindications for men
- with estrogen-dependent tumors;
- with elevated levels of the testosterone hormone;
- suffering from involuntary urination.
Contraindications for women
- taking contraceptive medications;
- visiting the solarium( application prohibited before sessions);
- observant diet.
General contraindications to
- for people taking antidepressants;
- for allergy sufferers;
- people with hypertension;
- to people with severe cardiovascular disorders associated with increased heart rate and heart beat.
Regarding the indications of the treatment of St. John's Wort, the use of medicines with this plant is not recommended. The maximum possible application is external rubbing or bathing of the child in case of skin irritations.to contents ^
Harvesting and storage of
Harvest flowering tops, cut with a knife or sickles during a mass flowering period, 25-30 centimeters long, without coarse stems. When collecting grass is not allowed admixture of other species of St. John's wort, except for St. John's wort and spotted. It is not allowed to tear out plants with roots. After cutting, the plant must be dried in the open air. Keep the flowers in tight containers in a warm, dry place. Keep dry raw materials can not last longer than 2 years.