Phosphate( isotonic or sodium chloride solution) is one of the most multifunctional medicines in medicine. Inhalations using saline solution have a positive effect in the treatment of diseases of the bronchi, throat, nasopharynx, lungs. The action of the isotonic solution is aimed at maximum moistening of the respiratory tract, dilution and rapid elimination of the mucus and sputum.
- Contents of the physiological solution
- How useful
- How to make
- Shelf life
- For children
- In pregnancy and lactation
Physiological solution is an aqueous solution of sodium chloride( table salt) 0.9%approximately the same percentage of salt is contained in sea water and in human blood plasma. In addition, sodium chloride is responsible for maintaining normal pressure in the cells of the body: it costs the plasma or cells to lose their natural salt reserve, how the osmotic pressure in the cells is disturbed, and, consequently, the nutrient exchange in the body.
In sterile form, sodium chloride can be purchased at any pharmacy, it is prepared in the laboratory. The solution is used for inhalations in pure form or as a solvent for drugs and herbal solutions.for table of contents ^
Isotonic solution in its natural form or in combination with other inhaled medicines is used to treat:
- bronchitis, pharyngitis, pneumonia in the final phase to soften the mucosa and facilitate the clearance of sputum;
- inflammation of the mucous membranes of the throat, nasopharynx with tonsillitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, etc.;
- of allergic rhinitis, bronchial asthma( including allergic component), asthma attacks, obstructive pulmonary disease or bronchospasm;
- treatment and prevention of viral and infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract and oral cavity( influenza, SARS, sore throat, colds, runny nose).
is useful. Those with parents who have an inhaler or nebulizer are familiar with a physiological solution. For these devices, mixtures of sodium chloride with drugs that have different effects on the body( for example: mucolytic, antiseptic, moisturizing, etc.) are prepared.
List of drugs used for inhalation in dilution with saline:
- Ambrobe, ACTS, Gedelix, Lazolvan, Mucaltin, Fluimucil, Bromhexine, Pertussin - for liquefaction and better excretion of sputum from the body.
- Atrovent, Berodual, Berotek, Salgim, Ventolin, Pulmicort - for the expansion of bronchi, for example, with asthma for the prevention and relief of attacks of suffocation. Dexamethasone is an antiallergic and anti-inflammatory drug.
- Dioxydin, Gentamicin, Chlorfillipt, Miramistin, Furacilin, Dekasan - antiseptic and antibiotic drugs.
- Rotokan, Malawit, Tonzilgon, tinctures of calendula, propolis, eucalyptus, sage - preparations, on natural plant components. Perfectly removes the inflammatory processes of the respiratory tract.
- Naphthyzine, Nazivin, Adrenaline are drugs that have a decongestant and vasoconstrictive effect.
- Sinecod is an antitussive non-narcotic drug that suppresses the cough center in the direct brain. In addition, it has an anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator effect.
How to do
Inhalations with medications are carried out throughinhalers of different types - steam, compressor or ultrasonic.
To dilute the saline solution for inhalations, with any medication for the nebulizer, 3-4 ml of a sterile solution is usually used per dose. To maintain sterility with a disposable syringe, puncture the rubber stopper of the vial( without opening the metal swage, only removing or bending the middle detachable element), collecting the necessary amount of sodium chloride and pouring into another container or mixing directly in the syringe, if its volume allows. To avoid these difficulties, it is possible to acquire an isotonic solution in ampoules of the necessary packaging.
You can prepare the inhalation solution yourself at home. To do this, in one liter of purified boiled water, dissolve 2 teaspoons of salt without a slide or 1 spoon, but with a large slide. On average, it will be 9-10 grams of salt per 1 liter. The prepared solution should be stored in the refrigerator in glass containers for no more than a day. However, it is important to understand that it will not be sterile.
Do not forget that inhalation both with pure saline solution, and with medicines, requires the supervision of a specialist. Only he can choose the optimal drugs and the sequence of their application. The procedure of inhalations for treatment with several drugs is carried out in stages. For example, at first inhalation with bronchodilators is carried out, after a while( about a quarter of an hour) - with drugs that promote liquefaction and excretion of sputum, and then, after the withdrawal of sputum, the queue of antibiotics comes.to contents ^
Isotonic solution in closed form is stored in a dry place inaccessible to children at a temperature of +18 ° C to + 25 ° C.Shelf life - 5 years. After opening the vial or when doing it yourself at home - no more than a day. If the bottle was not completely opened, and the solution was recruited with a disposable syringe - 2-3 months, but the temperature of storage of the preparation is from + 18 ° С to + 25 ° С.to contents ^
Inhalations are a simple and effective procedure, and therefore it is becoming increasingly popular for the treatment of children, especially after the appearance of nebulizers. These apparatuses spray reduced particles of drugs that more effectively penetrate the inflammation area together with air during inhalation. Considering the approximate to the natural composition of sodium chloride and the absence of contraindications, the drug is allowed to be used by children from the first days of life.
When pregnant and lactated
With the onset of cold weather, despite all preventive measures, many pregnant women or young mothers catch cold. The situation is complicated by the limited choice of medicines permitted for use during this period. At pregnancy it is possible to do inhalations with saline solution in the pure state. To begin to conduct them is desirable immediately after the occurrence of unpleasant sensations, and not to wait for the acute form of the diseases. Isotonic solution with the addition of any medications in the form of inhalations is prescribed only by the attending physician.