Feijoa is an exotic fruit originally from South America. Currently, he is bred in the Krasnodar Territory, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, the subtropical part of the Caucasus, the Crimea. A green oval-shaped berry with a diameter of 5-7 centimeters and weighing about 50-120 grams has a lot of useful properties. It is used for the prevention and treatment of various diseases. However, the exotic fruit has contraindications, which you need to know about, so as not to harm your health.
- composition and useful properties
- To strengthen
- immunity to thyroid
- For prevention
- cardiovascular diseases When
- atherosclerosis When nephritis
- Hepatitis A( jaundice)
- cooking Slimming
- In cosmetology
- At pregnancy
- For children
Composition and useful properties
The nutritional value of fruit fruits is small - only up to 50 kilocalories per 100 grams of fresh product. In its composition, the fruits contain:
- vitamins: В1, В6, В2, С, РР;
- micro- and macro elements: magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium, copper, iodine, manganese, phosphorus, iron;
- acid: malic and folic;
- amino acids: asparagine, arginine, tyrosine, glutamine, alanine;
- essential oils;
- biologically active substances - kahetin, leukoanthocine and tannin;
- tanning agents;
The fruit contains a large amount of iodine, so feijoa is a good tool for preventing iodine deficiency. Doctors recommend tropical berries to patients with thyroid gland diseases and people whose occupations are related to intellectual work. If iodine is combined with vitamin preparations, it will help improve the endocrine system and normalize the metabolism.
The bark, fruits and leaves of feijoa have anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and antiviral effects. Essential oils and other useful substances contained in the fruit have a positive effect on pathogenic microbes and have an antibacterial and antifungal effect.
In addition, the plant has a rejuvenating effect, beneficially affecting the epidermis. Feijoa masks help get rid of rashes, and decoctions of the bark and leaves are recommended as disinfectants and antiseptics for healing wounds, ulcers, bleeding gums. Essential oil of berries is found in many dermatological products.
- Nervous disorders, stressful situations, depressive states;
- inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract( gastritis and so on);
- cardiovascular disease( regular consumption of fruit lowers blood cholesterol);
- catarrhal diseases, including cough, bronchitis;
- disorders of the endocrine system;
- vitamin deficiency and malnutrition;
- oncological diseases( antioxidants contained in the skin of feijoa are used as prevention of oncology);
Men are shown to take fruit as a preventive measure against urological diseases. It prevents inflammation of the prostate and helps in the breakdown of sexual function.
Before you eat fruit, you need to make sure that it is ripe and not spoiled. Glossy shine and wrinkledness mean that the fruit is already ripe. The raid of a gray-blue shade is also good, it is a natural protection of feijoa from spoilage. Brownish or dark spots - mean that the fruit is rotten and spoiled, the skin of a bright green hue - speaks of immaturity.
In a ripe fruit the flesh is transparent, pinkish or beige, if it has a white center, the feijoa is immature. The brown core means that the fruit is rotten and unfit for consumption.
Feijoa can be stored for no more than 1 week( 2 days at room temperature and 5 more days in the refrigerator).However, their healing properties remain after treatment. To do this, ripened fruits should be rubbed with sugar( 1: 1) together with the skin and stored in the refrigerator.
To strengthen the immunity
- With honey : 1 kg of berries will need 400gram of honey. Fruits thoroughly rinse and cut off dried flowers. Grind feijoa with a meat grinder and mix with liquid honey. The prepared mixture is placed in sterilized jars and covered with a dense lid. Take 1 teaspoonful 3 times a day.
- With lemon : 0,5 kg of green ripe feijoa, 1 lemon of small size and 100 grams of honey. Wash and cut the fruit( feijoa and lemon) with a meat grinder or blender, then add honey, mix and spread on glass jars for storage. The therapeutic mixture helps to strengthen immunity for children and adults during epidemics. In winter and for a cold take 1 teaspoon 2 times a day.
- With nuts : 500 grams of fruit, 100 grams of honey and a handful of walnuts. Prepared berries and nuts chop. In the resulting mixture add honey and mix. Eat 1 teaspoonful 1 time per day.
- Tincture of fruit : ripe and washed fruit cut into slices, loosely put in a glass container and pour vodka or alcohol to cover the contents of the container. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and put for infusion in a dark cool place for 14 days. After 2 weeks, drained and bottled. To increase the body's resistance to viral microorganisms, take 1 tablespoon once a day( preferably in the morning).
For the thyroid gland
- Water infusion of leaves: pour 250 ml of hot water with 1 ml of raw material, insist 35-40 minutes and drink with honey twice a day before meals for 20 minutes.
- Fruits chop and add sugar to them( in the ratio 1: 1).Eat 1 tablespoon in the morning and evening hours for 10 days, then make a one-week break and the reception to resume.
For the prevention of cardiovascular diseases
1 tablespoon of feijoa juice diluted in 50 milliliters of water and drink 1 time per day in the morning for 15 minutes before breakfast for 2-4 weeks.to the table of contents ^
Raw jam: 600 grams of green fruit and 1 orange grind along with the skin, fill 1 kg of sugar, put on a plate and after boiling remove from heat. Take 1 tablespoon 1 time per day in the morning. Ready to store in the cold.to table of contents ^
For 1 tablespoon of ground dry flowers and feijoa leaves brew in 300 milliliters of hot water. After 35-40 minutes add 1 tablespoon of honey, mix, drink twice a day for 1 glass.to the table of contents ^
For hepatitis A( jaundice)
Prepare tea from a mixture of flowers and feijoa leaves( in equal parts): 1 tablespoon of the mixture, pour 250 ml of boiling water and leave to pour for 35 minutes. Drink 2 times a day. A curative drink also helps with goiter.to the table of contents ^
In the cooking of
From green fruit, you can make jam, jam, dessert, compote, sauce and salad. Berries are well combined with seafood, pork, poultry. Also, the fruit is served with vegetables - zucchini, Brussels sprouts, carrots.Jam with ginger. Fruits with a peel to grind and in the turned out weight to add sugar( 20% from weight of berries).Add a little water and cook for 6 hours on a small fire, periodically taking off the foam and stirring. After 3 hours from the beginning of cooking in the jam, add freshly grated ginger to taste. It is recommended to wipe the prepared jam with a sieve, so that all the excess will separate.
For weight loss
Feijoa is a dietary plant, so it is desirable to use it for people who dream of losing weight. Fruits accelerate metabolism, which allows you to get rid of a few extra pounds. You can replace any sweets or 1 meal with berries. In a day you can eat 2-3 fruits, but no more.to the table of contents ^
Feijoa contains a lot of antioxidants, therefore it is recommended for use as an anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating agent for the skin. Mask made on the basis of the fruit:
- moisturizes and nourishes wilted and dry skin, especially in winter;
- gives silky and elasticity;
- removes inflammation and eliminates excess fat content of the skin, thereby helping to get rid of pimples and acne;
- improves the tone of the skin, making it radiant and healthy;
- eliminates fine wrinkles, since it has a tightening effect.
Universal face mask from feijoa : ½ ripe fruit, 1 yolk, 2 tablespoons curd not more than 5% fat and 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil. Feijoa with the peel to grate to a puree state, mix with other ingredients, grind well and apply to the face for 15-20 minutes. Then wash with warm water.
Decoctions of skin and leaves can be used to treat couperose, age spots, acne. The flesh of berries is advised daily to wipe the face of people with problem skin.to table of contents ^
- Hypersensitivity to substances contained in fruits;
- thyrotoxicosis, hyperthyroidism;
- diabetes and obesity;
- age under 3 years.
Women in the position and in the lactation period can eat the feijoa fruit in small quantities. Be sure to consider whether the doctor had previously prescribed iodine preparations to exclude the possibility of his overdose.to contents ^
Feijoa is contraindicated in children under 1 year of age. Babies do not yet have enzymes that split exotic fruits. After a year, the child can be given a puree of fruit in small amounts, starting with 1 teaspoon.