Vishnevsky Ointment is a widely known universal medicinal product that has a wide range of medical indications, is effective, available, safe and easy to use. This, as well as a minimal list of contraindications, made the balsamic liniment according to Vishnevsky's recipe, which is in demand till nowadays a means of treatment.
- How to use
- For children
- In pregnancy
- Side effects
The basis of this medication is only three components:
- castor oil, providing better absorption of all constituents due to deep softening of the skin;
- xerobes, which has a pronounced drying property;
- tar, which affects the nerve endings, which stimulate normal blood circulation.
In addition, all three components of Vishnevsky's ointment have an antiseptic effect on the tissues.to the table of contents ^
Ointment Vishnevsky - proven for several generations, a tool to combat minor ailments and medical problems. It is used in many areas:
- in traumatology for wound healing, cuts, bruises, abrasions, bruises;
- in dermatology to draw purulent contents and reduce skin inflammation, acne and acne, dermatitis and other pathologies, treatment of burns and frostbite, wet callouses, trophic ulcers;
- in gynecology to reduce inflammation, treat adhesions;
- in proctology for the treatment of hemorrhoids and anal fissures;
- in phlebology for the treatment of varicose veins and other vascular pathologies;
- for prophylaxis of bedsores in bedridden patients;
- for the healing of scars in the postoperative period, etc.
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
- Hypersensitivity of skin.
- Acute purulent lesions in the stage of formation and infiltration.
How to use
- In dermatology .For the treatment of internal and external inflammation( for example, furuncle, panaritium, etc. exclusively at the stage of completion of the formation of the abscess), the ointment is applied to the gauze dressing in 4 layers and applied to the affected area. Change dressing is carried out 2 times a day with compulsory treatment with alcohol.
In inflammations complicated by suppuration, the treatment regimen changes: before applying the ointment, it is necessary to clean the wound from pus, disinfect it with alcohol, the bandage is changed 4 times a day. As the condition of the wound improves and the amount of pus is reduced, the bandages with Vishnevsky ointment alternate with antibacterial compounds to accelerate the healing process.
- For burns and frostbite, .The affected area is thoroughly cleaned, an ointment is applied and a dressing is applied until the composition is completely absorbed. Balsam Vishnevsky accelerates the regeneration of the skin after a burn or frostbite, reduces the likelihood of scars and scars. The ointment is used until the tissues are completely healed.
- For the treatment of vessels .Ointment Vishnevsky has a positive effect on the condition of the veins, promotes the cleavage of blood clots, improves blood circulation, relieves swelling, accelerates the regeneration of the skin with trophic ulceration. Apply balm for the treatment of thrombosis, thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities, varicose veins, etc. It is useful to alternate dressings with Vishnevsky liniment and heparin ointment to improve the treatment process. Bandages are changed 2-3 times a day before the onset of improvement.
- In the gynecology of .For the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the female reproductive system, tampons with Vishnevsky ointment are placed inside the vagina for 6-7 days per night.
- In the proctology of .With hemorrhoids, anal fissures and other inflammation and trauma in the anus, it is recommended to apply Vishnevsky ointment to cleaned affected areas 2 times a day for 7-10 days.
- In cosmetology .It is used against acne and acne, other inflammatory processes on the skin of the face and body. The ointment is applied to the affected areas with a thin layer and left until completely dry.
Vishnevsky ointment for children is used only according to the doctor's prescription, although there is no direct contraindication to this. However, the skin of the child has a greater sensitivity than an adult, and therefore it may develop an allergic reaction in the form of itching, burning or rashes. To avoid such reactions, the ointment should be applied not to the lower layer of the dressing, but to impregnate the middle layers, not allowing direct contact of the product with the skin of the child.to the table of contents ^
For external use, Vishnevsky ointment is suitable without restrictions, except for internal use for the treatment of anterior lesions or insertion of tampons into the vagina. The last procedures can be performed only according to the doctor's prescription.to contents ^
Side effects of
The only side effect of Vishnevsky's ointment is the possible development of allergies in the form of rashes, itching and burning of the skin. These manifestations may be a consequence of an overdose of the remedy, and therefore they go with the withdrawal of treatment or a decrease in the amount of liniment applied for 1 session.
There are no direct substitutes for Vishnevsky ointment at the moment, many experts consider this tool obsolete, preferring to replace it with more modern antiseptic preparations for soft tissue regeneration. These drugs include levomitsitinovuyu, sintomitsinovuyu, ichthyol, methyluracil ointment, levomekol and the like.