Pumpkin seeds, like the pumpkin itself, are known to mankind for more than 5 thousand years. In ancient times, people noticed the use of this vegetable and used it to treat various diseases. For 200 years, pumpkin seeds have been used as medicines. Their benefits are recognized as official medicine and scientifically proven.
- Chemical composition
- Useful properties
- For men
- For women
- For children
- Prescription for application
- With diabetes
- With problems of the genitourinary system
- For strengthening the potency of
- For weight loss
- From helminths
- How to choose
- How tostore
It is enough to introduce into your diet only 100 grams of pumpkin seeds a day to get the daily allowance of the necessary quantitiesoveku amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
Composition of product:
- Water - 5.23 grams;
- Proteins - 30.3 grams;
- Fats - 49 grams;
- Carbohydrates - 4.71 grams;
- Fiber - 6 grams;
- Ash - 4.8 grams;
- Mono- and disaccharides - 1 gram;
- Saturated fatty acids - 8.67 grams;
- Micro and macro elements: iron, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, sodium, zinc, selenium.
- Vitamins: α-carotene, β-carotene, C, K, E, B1, B2, B4, B5, B6, B9, lutein, cyanine.
Pumpkin seeds are an integral component in the complex treatment of many diseases, because due to its unique composition it has a beneficial effect on the human body:
- stimulates the bowel;
- normalizes the work of the nervous and cardiovascular systems;
- effectively combat edema, have a diuretic property;
- normalizes the pancreas;
- reduce blood sugar levels;
- prevent osteoporosis;
- improve memory, attention, stimulating working capacity;
- have an immunomodulatory property;
- cleanse the body of harmful metals, slags.
- prevent the onset of cancer
- prevent the formation of kidney stones
- normalize the level of cholesterol in the body.
The use of pumpkin seeds favorably affects the prostate gland, is the prevention of prostatitis and impotence, helps to avoid a heart attack.
Those who are actively engaged in sports or doing physical work, need magnesium, in large quantities contained in pumpkin seeds. The presence of B vitamins maintains high performance, helps fight against daily stress.to contents ^
Pumpkin seeds facilitate the manifestation of premenstrual syndrome, improve the condition of the skin, hair, nails. Especially they help with acne, so teenagers should pay special attention to this product. Oil from pumpkin seeds is actively used in home and industrial cosmetology.
During pregnancy, pumpkin seeds help to get rid of heartburn and toxicosis. With moderate use, they are useful throughout the nine months. They allow you to get rid of anemia, help fight swelling and insomnia. Contribute to the proper formation of the fetal bone system. Useful for enhancing lactation after childbirth.
For women of mature age, pumpkin seeds are an excellent find. In the period of menopause, they weaken its symptoms, reduce back pain and hot flashes.to the table of contents ^
For children over 2 years, it is useful to eat pumpkin seeds in the ground form as additives to cereals and mashed potatoes. This product especially helps with spontaneous urination, fever, dry cough and as an anthelmintic. Pumpkin seeds have a mild laxative effect. They are introduced into the diet of a child with constipation. Pumpkin seeds can become a useful and delicious substitute for chips and snacks.to contents ^
- Raw .The most useful product for a person. Practically in all recipes of traditional medicine, raw pumpkin seeds are used. Caloric content of 100 grams of seeds is 350 kilocalories. Dried .The product is slightly less useful than raw, but its advantage is a longer shelf life. Their caloric content is 540 kilocalories.
- Fried .To eat them is much tastier, but when frying, most of the nutrients are lost. To reduce the loss of useful properties, it is recommended to fry the pumpkin seeds yourself. This will allow controlling the time of heat treatment. Fried pumpkin seeds contain 600 kcal.
Recipes for application
Various recipes based on pumpkin seeds are used for various diseases. Use all of their varieties, as well as derivatives - oil cake, oil.to the table of contents ^
Drinking pumpkin seeds helps to lower the level of sugar.
- pumpkin seeds peeled - 2 tablespoons;
- water is 400 milliliters.
Pumpkin seeds to grind in a blender or a coffee grinder, pour boiling water, insist 2 hours, strain through gauze. Take 200 milliliters of infusion 2 times a day.to the table of contents ^
With nervous tension
Due to the content of tryptophan and potassium in pumpkin seeds, they are excellent natural antidepressants. You can consume them in any form not more than 50 pieces per day or add to pastries, make sauces from them.to table of contents ^
For problems with the genitourinary system
- pumpkin seeds peeled - 2 tablespoons;
- water is 400 milliliters.
Shredded pumpkin seeds pour 2 cups of hot water and insist 12 hours in a thermos. Drink this tea in the morning on an empty stomach for 2 weeks. It will help with cystitis, inflammatory diseases of the kidneys, difficulty urinating.
To strengthen the potency of
- honey - 1 cup;
- pumpkin seeds - 500 grams.
Seeds are cleaned, chopped and mixed with honey, the mixture is put in the refrigerator. When it thickens to roll out of it balls with a diameter of 1 centimeter. The resulting candy is 1 piece 30 minutes before meals for 2-3 months.
This product is used in many diets as a snack. It contains a large amount of fiber and is digested for a long time, which helps to fight the feeling of hunger. Eat no more than 60 grams of sunflower seeds a day.
Pumpkin seed cake is also useful, it will help to cleanse the intestines and will help to normalize the weight.to contents ^
- pumpkin seeds - 500 grams;
- water - 1 liter.
Raw seeds to grind and add to water. Dishes with this mixture should be put on a water bath, cook for 2 hours on low heat, not letting the mixture boil. With decoction remove the top layer of the formed oil and strain it. Drink it for 30 minutes.
- An adult should use 1 liter of tincture;
- Children under 5 years of age - 100-200 milliliters;
- Children 5-10 years - 200-400 milliliters;
- For children from 10 years - 300-600 milliliters;
- - 125 pieces;
- castor oil - 5 teaspoons.
This volume should be consumed during the day for 5 receptions. Each time you need to eat 25 raw seeds, chew them well, and then after 30 minutes take a teaspoon of oil.to table of contents ^
How to choose
Most often pumpkin seeds are sold in a sealed packaging with peel or peeled. When buying pumpkin seeds you need to choose smooth seeds. When buying sunflower seeds you need to pay attention to their smell, it should not be musty musty or rancid.
Be sure to pay attention to the date of manufacture of the product. Purified seeds are stored for 12 months, untreated - six months.to contents ^
How to store
Store dried uncleaned seeds in a sealed glass or ceramic cookware, in a cotton bag in a suspended state and always in a well-ventilated dry area. Self-harvested seeds will not last long if they have been poorly dried.to contents ^
Pumpkin seeds are a multi-component product that actively affects metabolism. Use it with caution.
- Excess daily intake may lead to weight gain. The daily norm is 100 grams of purified seeds.
- There is a risk of developing an allergic reaction, especially in children.
- In some cases, seeds can cause constipation, diarrhea, flatulence.
- May cause exacerbations of gastritis and ulcers.
- The content of a large number of oils can adversely affect the performance of the liver.
- Purification of seeds from the peel adversely affects the tooth enamel.
The use of any preparations from pumpkin seeds is contraindicated during periods of exacerbation of chronic diseases. You can not eat pumpkin seeds with intestinal obstruction. It is better to abandon their use to people with weak tooth enamel. For those who are obese, from pumpkin seeds is also better to give up.