Ivan-tea( kiprei) is a perennial plant of the "kiprejnye" family, which has long been known for its curative properties, primarily anti-inflammatory. The herb is recommended for chronic depression, insomnia, headaches, for the treatment of stomach, liver, bladder, prostate diseases. However, in addition to a large number of indications, there are some contraindications, which also need to be known.
- Composition and therapeutic properties of
- How to brew
- In pregnancy and lactation
There are about 14 kinds of ivan-tea. The most famous of them are the kaprei, the small-flowered, the broadleaf, the large-leaf, the white, the mountain, etc.
For medicinal purposes, roots, leaves and flowers of the plant are used. The aerial part of the spray must be collected during the flowering period( the flowers should remain semi-enclosed), the roots at the end of autumn, the young shoots in May.
Leaves should be carefully cut off, spread on a flat surface with a thin layer, then twist the base into a roll, put in enameled dishes, cover with a damp cloth and leave for 1 day. During this time the tea goes through a process of fermentation, during which it receives flavoring properties: it is saturated with pleasant aromas, a floral odor is evident.
After fermentation, the leaves are transferred to another container and dried in an oven at 100 degrees. After drying, the raw material should retain its green color, otherwise the plant is no longer suitable for use.
Remove stems and roots from dirt, earth, and dry in a well ventilated area or dryer. Store the finished dry plant in a cardboard box in a dark place.
Composition and therapeutic properties
Ivan-tea contains a large amount of vitamin C, tannins, starch, flavonoids, coumarins, essential oils and carotene. Also, the plant includes manganese, iron, nickel, copper, molybdenum and titanium.
Cyprus preparations have the following properties:
- Cementing agents.
- Treatment and prevention of infectious diseases.
- Anemia of various etiologies.
- When there is a lack of milk for breastfeeding women.
- Diseases associated with impaired metabolic processes( obesity, diabetes, etc.).
- Hepatitis, cholecystitis, cholangitis, the formation of stones in the gallbladder.
- Propensity to constipation, inflammatory diseases of the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Diseases of the urinary system, including the formation of stones in the bladder and kidneys.
- Migraine, insomnia, overexcitation, stressful situations, increased nervous overload.
- Therapeutic and preventive measures to detoxify the body( for example, after conducting a course of radiotherapy or chemotherapy).
- Prevention of radiation injuries, oncology.
- In the complex treatment of allergic diseases.
- For men: with adenoma, infertility, prostatitis, gout.
- For women: with erosion of the cervix, infertility, painful menstruation, myoma of the uterus, cystitis, etc.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, the infusions of plants can be successfully used as an external means for treating wounds, bruises, ulcers. Also it is used for cosmetic purposes, adding to creams and face masks, shampoos for hair, steam baths for hands and feet.
How to brew
For the treatment and prevention of diseases apply decoctions, teas, water and alcohol infusions. Raw materials can be prepared by yourself in the manner described above or bought ready-made in a pharmacy. Also in pharmacy chains you can buy phytotea in bags.
- Toning and restorative drink : 4 teaspoons of dried leaves brew in 500 milliliters of boiling water and insist for 10-15 minutes. You can drink tea both in cold and hot. And do not throw away the tea leaves after the first time - the maximum of useful properties of the drink acquires with 2-3 brews.
- Prophylaxis and treatment of prostate adenoma and prostatitis : 1 cup of crushed fresh flowers and leaves of the plant, pour 500 milliliters of 40% alcohol and leave for 30 days in a cool dark place, sometimes shaking. At the end of this time, strain and drink 30 drops 3 times a day, with water. The course of treatment is 2-4 weeks.
- In case of acute respiratory infections and cold : 1 tablespoon of dry leaves pour 1 cup of boiling water, insist 2-3 hours, strain and give the patient 1 tablespoon three times a day before meals. This tool is recommended for children over 2 years, for them a single dose is 1 teaspoon.
- For painful and plentiful monthly : 2 tablespoons of dry raw material pour 200 milliliters of boiling water and bring to a boil on the steam bath. After this, strain, cool and drink 1/3 cup three times a day for 10 days every month for 1-2 weeks before the onset of menstruation.
- In the case of meteorological dependence and vegetovascular dystonia , infusion prepared from oregano, ivan tea, chamomile, St. John's wort and sporicha is useful. Herbs mixed in equal proportions, then 1 tablespoon of the mixture pour 1 cup of boiling water, insist and use 25 minutes after eating a glass of ½ glass in small sips.
- For insomnia, headaches, depression, colitis, gastritis with high acidity : 15 grams of dried raw material pour 250 milliliters of boiling water, insist for 40 minutes, then strain. Take 1 tablespoon 4 times a day.
- For rinsing wounds, ulcers, bedsores : 3 tablespoons of sprayed boil 200 ml of boiling water, put in a water bath and boil for 2-3 minutes, after cooling and drain. Dampen gauze or cotton cloth in a ready-made broth and gently apply to the problem areas of the skin.
- When pancreatitis : 3 tablespoons of chopped leaves pour steep boiling water, insist 10 minutes and eat warmly before and after eating for 50 milliliters.
- With neurodermatitis, allergic skin diseases, eczema : 2 tablespoons of dried raw material pour 500 milliliters of boiling water and leave to infuse for 6 hours. Then strain, divide the medicine into several parts, which you need to drink during the day.
- Collection oncology : mix 2 parts of nettle leaves, ivan-tea blossoms, leaves of large plantain and 1 part of white acacia flowers, the herb of the bird's mountaineer.1 teaspoon of a mixture of herbs pour 250 milliliters of boiling water, strain and drink one glass a day.
- Infertility due to uterine obstruction : in equal proportions mix peppermint, lemon balm, willow-tea, nettle, wild strawberry, common cuff and grass of garden parsley.1 tablespoon mixture pour 250 milliliters of boiling water, boil in a water bath for 5 minutes, cool and strain. Take a ready-made medicinal broth you need instead of water for 200-400 milliliters per day.
Despite all its useful properties, ivan-tea has contraindications for use:
- Age under 2 years.
- Individual intolerance.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- With caution in case of blood clotting disorders( varicosity, thrombosis, thrombophlebitis).
- Some limitations in the use of willow-tea:
- The plant has strong anti-inflammatory properties, so do not use it simultaneously with other antipyretic agents.
- Drugs based on willow-tea should be drunk separately from other soothing agents.
- It is not recommended to take the spray for a long time because of hepatotoxicity. It contains a substance called coumarin, which can accumulate in the body and have a harmful effect on the liver.
- Do not abuse the plant people who have a decreased acidity of the stomach.
- There is an opinion that the plant in large quantities adversely affects the health of men, since it has a suppressive effect on sexual function. But this contraindication has not been scientifically proven.
When pregnant and lactating
Pregnant women and women, during breastfeeding, should be taken with caution and only under the supervision of a doctor.