The causes of unpleasant odors in the refrigerator can be very different. Spoiled food, a malfunction in the electrical network and a sudden defrosting of equipment along with its contents, stagnation of water in the refrigerator's drain and other circumstances make it hard to pinch your nose and wrinkle from disgust. Fortunately, there are many ways to eliminate these problems. How to get rid of the musty smell in the refrigerator?
To get rid of nasty smells, classic kitchen cleaners are often used. It is best to use liquid funds, so as not to scratch the surface of the refrigerator.
If only powder is available, it should be dissolved in water. It will not be superfluous to use special wet wipes for cleaning. In addition, the "OdorGone" agent is used for cleaning in meat processing plants.
Odor scavengers include a variety of aerosols, sorbent cleaners, as well as air ionizers that fill the refrigerator with ozone and kill harmful microbes. These products are insoluble in water, so they can not wash the refrigerator. However, they can get rid of unpleasant odors.to the table of contents ^
Sometimes people resort to unconventional ways of eliminating unpleasant odors. These include the use of excipients for cat litter, as they absorb the sharp smells perfectly.
Another method is to break stink with aromatic sticks or oils. Various spices and herbs, generously scattered on the shelves of the refrigerator, also do well with the smell of mold or rot. Most often used basil, tarragon, vanilla extract and thyme.
Coffee is also a demanded scavenger for smells - ground or in grains.to contents ^
One of the most effective methods for controlling odors is activated charcoal, which is successfully used in the production of many odor scavengers, as well as in air filtration systems.
For example, it is able to easily rid the refrigerator of the smell of onions. To successfully eliminate the stench, several dozen tablets will be crushed and the resulting powder will be placed in the refrigerator.
Unwanted odors are handled well by raw potatoes, cut in half. Similar properties have a cut on the bulb. However, these vegetables rather mask the smell, rather than eliminate it permanently. In addition, they need to be changed every two or three days, otherwise thin notes of rotten potatoes or onions will be added to the already existing ambre.to the table of contents ^
How to get rid of the smell of fish in the refrigerator? A lemon is an effective product for combating stench. First, his skin is an excellent absorbent. Secondly, lemon juice perfectly copes with smells, especially fish.
Juice can be used in pure form or mixed with water or alcohol. In addition, lemon slices left in the refrigerator, conduct a good prevention of excess odors.to contents ^
To remove unpleasant odors, a tablespoon of ammonia is dissolved in a liter of water. If this smell is not amenable to elimination, you can combine ammonia with lemon juice or detergents. This method will get rid of the cadaveric odor in the refrigerator, which is one of the most resistant and unpleasant.to the table of contents ^
Good baking ability has ordinary baking soda. A small handful of soda left in the refrigerator will remove all fetid odors. In addition, a spoon of this product, diluted in a liter of water, laundering any dirt and disinfects the surface. To get rid of the smell of plastic in the new refrigerator will help a combination of soda and ammonia.
A tablespoon of vinegar diluted in a glass of water, cleans all contaminatedThe surface of the refrigerator and destroys unpleasant odors. However, when using vinegar, do not make too strong a solution, because this can negatively affect some of the plastic parts of the refrigerator.to contents ^
The action of bread for getting rid of unpleasant smells is similar to the skin of citrus fruits. Slightly dried pieces of black or rye bread should be spread out on the shelves of the refrigerator and for a while they will be able to maintain a fresh atmosphere.to contents ^
To avoid the causes of unpleasant odors in the refrigerator, it is worth sticking to simple rules.
- All pots, pans, jars and other containers must be closed.
- Products preferably stored in special food containers. If there are none, the products should be placed in food film or foil.
- Boxes for fruit and vegetables, like the fruit itself, must be dry - it will save the products from premature decay.
- To avoid the appearance of a smell of mold in the refrigerator, it is necessary to maintain the optimum humidity level. Condensate on the surfaces of the refrigerator provokes the development of mold and the emergence of harmful microorganisms, because of which the notorious stink emerges.
- How to get rid of the smell in the old refrigerator? Regular defrosting of the refrigerator, especially the old model, contributes not only to prolonging its service life, but also facilitates the cleaning of refrigerating chambers. Before this procedure, you need to pull out of the refrigerator all foods, especially meat and fish, because melted water from them can get to hard-to-reach places and further emanate stink.
- How to get rid of the smell in a new refrigerator? In addition to the mandatory washing of new equipment, do not rely on automatic defrosting, which it is equipped with. It is better to periodically defrost yourself.
- Obligatory and immediate disposal of all products with expired shelf life.
- How to get rid of the smell in the fridge freezer? It is not necessary to fill the freezing chambers 100%, because this prevents normal air circulation, raises its temperature and disrupts the operating mode. Accordingly, in such conditions, frozen foods can quickly deteriorate.