Cape is a perennial herbaceous plant from the family of Rosaceae. In the people it is also called: chest grass, hare cabbage, hoof, goose's foot, lop, paw of lion. The cuff can be found in sparse mixed and pine forests, along the edges of roads, in meadows, along the banks of rivers.
- composition and therapeutic properties
- Application in
- folk medicine in
- Gynecology In diabetes type 2
- cosmetology In cooking
- Contraindications During pregnancy
Her thick horizontal rhizome, stems branched, erect,pubescent or glabrous, 10-35 centimeters high. The leaves are folded, rounded, jagged along the rim, resemble a scalloped cuff, for which the grass got one of its names. The flowers are small yellow-green, without petals, collected at the ends of the stems in the inflorescence, the flowering time is June-August.
For medicinal purposes, prepare the entire overground part of the cuff, the root is rarely used. All its parts are collected during flowering, in sunny weather, after the dew has dried. Dry in a shady place under a canopy. Drying is allowed in ventilated rooms, attics. Lay out a layer of up to 5 centimeters and sometimes stir.
Composition and therapeutic properties
The chemical composition of the herb is rich in various useful substances that favorably affect the human body. These include:
- Vitamin C.
- Phytosterols or steroids.
- Phenylcarboxylic acids.
- Fatty acids.
- of Kakheti.
Thanks to all microelements and substances, the cuff has the following useful properties:
- Wound healing.
- Removes intoxication of the body.
As raw material for the manufacture of cuff preparations is used:
- Grass .It consists of stems, leaves, shoots and flowers, which are collected during flowering and dried. Apply in the form of broths, infusions, teas, spend syringing.
- Root .For medicinal purposes it is rarely used. It is harvested in autumn. The root is excavated, cleaned of dirt and dried. Most often used for the preparation of external infusions for the treatment of open wounds, burns, boils.
- Broth : 4 teaspoons of dry raw material pour 250 milliliters of water, boil for 5 minutes and leave to cool. Take inside as an anti-inflammatory and expectorant, as well as in case of internal bleeding, 50 milliliters before meals 3 times a day. External application of the broth is recommended in the form of compresses and lotions, as a wound-healing agent. Also, the remedy is used to treat dermatological problems: acne, inflammation, pruritus, psoriatic and eczematous lesions, etc.
- Infusion for internal use of : 1 tablespoon of raw material, pour 250 milliliters of boiling water, insist 2 hours and strain. Use 100 milliliters at least 4 times a day. The drug is used for violations of the functioning of the digestive tract( inflammation of the mucosa, diarrhea, etc.), in gynecological practice( internal use and syringing), for the treatment of bronchopulmonary diseases.
- Infusion for external use of : 150 grams of dried rhizomes and herbs to insist for 2 hours in 1 liter of boiling water. Then strain and treat the problem areas 3 times a day or pour the product into a warm bath and take it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wine infusion : 10 grams of raw material pour 500 milliliters of dry red wine and insist 1 day. Take 1-2 tablespoons 3 times a day. The most common medicinal drink is prescribed for heart pains, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Tea : 2 teaspoons of dry herbs pour a glass of boiling water, 10 minutes and drink during sleep disorders, during respiratory diseases, menstrual disorders, menopause.
Application in folk medicine
Cuff is recommended for use in the treatment of the following pathologies:
- Pain in the heart( including angina, arrhythmia, myocardial infarction).
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys.
- Qatar's respiratory tract.
- Chronic and acute bronchitis.
- Tuberculosis of the lungs. Gastritis and gastric ulcer.
- To accelerate the healing of wounds, boils, with dislocations.
The leaves of this plant are added to medicinal tea to treat obesity, anemia, epilepsy, atherosclerosis, dropsy, in addition, the herb is an effective tool in the treatment of dysbiosis. It will help to lower the level of cholesterol in the blood. Also, the cuff is used for swelling of the intestine, indigestion of the stomach. This herb helps improve blood composition, helps stop internal and external bleeding, it is used in anemia.to the table of contents ^
It is believed that the cuff is female grass, so it is often used to treat many diseases and ailments caused by the characteristics of the female body.
In complex therapy, it helps to get rid of inflammation, lower abdominal pain, discharge caused by endocrine disorders, inflammatory diseases of the vagina, cervix, genital organs tumors. It is recommended to be used for failures of the menstrual cycle, infertility, menopause, uterine bleeding.
- Infusion for endometriosis : Put a handful of dry herbs in a thermos, pour 1 liter of boiling water and leave overnight. The next day, drink the finished product, distributing it for 5 receptions. The course of treatment is 2 months.
- Decoction for women's diseases : 1 tablespoon dried powdered raw material pour 250 milliliters of hot water, bring to a boil and insist 25 minutes, then strain. Eat 200 milliliters 4 times a day for 1 month.
- Syringing : 1 tablespoon dried leaves of the plant, pour 300 ml of boiling water, insist for 1 hour, strain and perform the procedure.
With type 2 diabetes
A plant can become a cure for diabetics. It helps to improve the work of the intestine and pancreas, reduce blood sugar without taking additional medications. However, the patient should at the same time observe dietary nutrition and do not neglect physical activity. If the patient is insulin-dependent, then any recipes of traditional medicine can be used in complex therapy after consultation of the attending physician.
- Decoction for diabetes : 4 teaspoons of dry raw material pour 200 milliliters of boiling water, boil for 5 minutes, cool, strain and drink 150 milliliters three times a day for 8 weeks. The course of treatment is recommended to be repeated after 10 days of interruption.
- Collection from diabetes : mix 10 grams of cuff grass, 20 grams of juniper fruit and flax seeds, 40 grams of blueberry leaves.1 tablespoon mixture pour 200 milliliters of boiling water, boil for 7 minutes and strain. Eat 100 milliliters 2 times a day.
For weight loss
Grass is effective in the process of losing weight and in the fight against cellulite. It improves circulation and work of the digestive tract, normalizes metabolic processes, stabilizes the hormonal background. To enhance the result, it is recommended that the plant be combined with sports training.
You can use the cuff inside( infusion of 125 milliliters 3 times a day before meals for 3 months) and externally as compresses.
Recipe for external use of cellulite : 40 grams of fresh crushed leaves pour 1 liter of boiling water, insist 30 minutes and strain. The resulting mass is decomposed into cotton cloth and attached to problem areas, covered with waxed paper from above and bandaged. The exposure time is 30 minutes.to contents ^
The cuff has a rejuvenating effect. Pharmacy lotions and creams, which include grass, are suitable for any type of skin. They cleanse, tone up and nourish the skin, prevent wrinkles, rejuvenate the skin of the face, neck, hands.
Popular in cosmetology and extract from the cuff, it increases the elasticity of the skin, helps to relieve inflammation, soothes and cleanses the skin of acne and other eruptions.to table of contents ^
- Vitamin salad : young leaves and shoots of cuff( 150 grams), plantain( 50 grams), nettle leaves( 50 grams), blanch, chop, add chopped green onions( 25 grams) and salt to taste. Salad dress with sour cream or vegetable oil.
- Soup : in salted water or broth( 500 milliliters) cook almost ready to dice the potatoes( 50 grams).Then add the chopped onions( 25 grams) and carrots( 50 grams), the crushed leaves of the cuff( 200 grams) and boil for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with dill and serve.
- Meat stew : small pieces of meat( 400 grams) fry in vegetable oil( 35 milliliters) until a pink crust appears, transfer to the goose fry, add grated carrot( 100 grams) and chopped onions( 60 grams), spices, pour broth(100 milliliters) and simmer on a low heat.10 minutes before the readiness to put shredded leaves of grass( 200 grams) and salt to taste.
Cuff is contraindicated for individual intolerance and increased blood clotting. In case of an overdose, diarrhea may occur, in which case it is necessary to cancel the medication.to table of contents ^
The cuff during this period also shows its medicinal properties. It is believed that she prepares the female organism for the birth of the baby, promotes the full development of the child, facilitates the course of pregnancy and reduces the risk of premature birth. In addition, the plant is able to prevent the occurrence of bleeding after childbirth.
There are herbal hormones in the herb that help restore a normal hormonal background in a woman's body. Therefore, it is used for the early pregnancy.