Goat's milk is a food product that combines many useful substances. The healing properties of this drink are indisputable, but the appropriateness of its use, benefits and harm cause a lot of disagreements and are discussed for a long time. Therefore, before you include this product in your diet, you should read the indications, contraindications, as well as advice on its use.
- Chemical Composition
- Useful Properties
Goat's milk contains a lot of useful substances:
- potassium - promotes the development and proper formation of the cardiovascular system, and establishes its work;
- calcium - is responsible for blood coagulability, helps the work of the musculoskeletal system, central nervous system, is responsible for the elasticity, strength and patency of the vessels, is able to remove strontium and radionuclides from the body;
- magnesium - plays a huge role in the normal course of energy metabolism of the body, the functioning of the nervous system, prevents the deposition of fat on the walls of blood vessels, as well as stones in the kidneys and bladder, just necessary for the work of the heart muscle, normalizes blood pressure;
- manganese - activates the process of respiration at the cellular level and mineral metabolism, is necessary for the functioning of the brain, liver, kidneys and pancreas, participates in the processes of development of the musculoskeletal system, and also in immune reactions.
- of vitamin B12 in goat's milk contains about 6 times more than in cow's milk, it positively affects the metabolic processes of the body and normalizes blood formation;
- vitamins( B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, H, PP, C, D, E, A) and microelements( iodine, sodium, copper, fluorine, phosphorus and molybdenum) slow down the aging process of the skin, help smooth out fine wrinklesand prevent the emergence of new ones;
- biologically active elements - lecithin, choline, albumin, globulin and biotin - improve the endocrine system, and also have a beneficial effect in the treatment of stress, neurosis and depression;
- animal proteins and fats - contribute to the proper functioning of the body, add strength and energy;
- lactose - due to its low content, goat's milk is allowed to be consumed even by people with lactose intolerance;
- beta casein - in the composition of the drink it is not more than in human breast milk, so the allergic reaction to this kind of milk is rare.
Goat milk has not only useful, but also healing properties. Its use is recommended in the following cases:
- To strengthen immunity and restore the body after physical and psychological stress. Due to easy assimilation, goat's milk helps to restore the weakened organism more quickly, filling the deficiency of useful substances;
- With intestinal dysbacteriosis and disruption of the gastrointestinal tract. Especially useful for the digestive system are goat's milk products, for example, cheese or cottage cheese. They can prevent flatulence, normalize the intestinal microflora, regulate the work of the digestive system;
- If you follow a diet for weight loss. Due to the high content of vitamins, microelements and fatty acids, the product heals the body without transforming into adipose tissue;
- With chronic gastritis, increased acidity, stomach ulcer. The drink has the ability to neutralize the excess of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, does not cause fermentation and gas formation. And also removes the inflammation of the intestinal mucosa and stomach;
- With fractures of bones, osteoporosis, child rickets. Goat milk replenishes the amount of calcium in the elderly, which contributes to the strengthening of bone tissue. Has a useful property to compensate for vitamin D deficiency in children, which reduces the risk of developing child rickets. Promotes early recovery after fractures of bones;
- With Oncology. Useful substances contained in goat's milk, strengthen the immune system and significantly reduce the risk of side effects after chemotherapy. Most traditional medicine to treat and recover from cancers include goat's milk;
- When pregnant. The product is rich in all vitamins and nutrients necessary for the growth, formation and proper development of the organs of the unborn child;
- When lactating. Goat's milk replenishes the deficiency of essential trace elements in the body of the nursing mother and saturates breast milk with vitamins and nutrients;
- For problems with the genitourinary system. The drink has a positive effect on the functioning of the genitourinary system and helps to cope with diseases of the genitals;
- With tuberculosis, infectious and viral diseases - the product is able to remove toxic substances from the body and is actively used in the treatment of chemical and food poisoning;
- With allergies. Goat's milk is able to treat allergies and eliminate its effects. It can be used both at the time of exacerbation of the disease, and for prevention;
- Goat's milk has properties that are very useful for men and their health. Its regular use can increase endurance and even improve potency.
Goat milk is also actively used in cosmetology. On its basis produce a range of products for skin and hair care. Such agents have a positive effect on the body and have the following properties:
- reduces acne and smooths complexion;
- make up for the lack of natural collagen, which reduces the signs of skin aging;
- nourishes and moisturizes dry, brittle hair, preventing their cross-section;
- is actively fighting dandruff.
Despite the unique useful and healing properties, some goat's milk can be harmful, therefore it has a number of contraindications. Especially cautious include it in the diet follows those who:
- has a predilection for stomach disorders - eating a lot of milk can provoke this problem;
- suffers from pancreas disease - fatty foods in pancreatitis are better excluded from the diet at all;
- has an increased blood density - the drink significantly increases the level of hemoglobin;
- suffers from diabetes - for type 2 diabetes, easily digestible fatty foods should be consumed little and carefully.
In addition, do not drink goat milk before or immediately after a meal, as the acidity of the stomach decreases and the food is digested worse. This can cause problems in the work of the intestines and discomfort in the stomach.
Drink should be consumed in moderation, because the abuse of the product can cause hypervitaminosis of the body.
A harmful indicator of goat's milk can be called incorrect conditions for goats and unsanitary conditions for the collection and storage of milk. Therefore, you should buy a drink only from trusted sellers.