Shepherd's bag( handbag) is a plant of the Cabbage family, with a straight, often branched stem, whose height can reach 60 centimeters. It has dentate basal leaves and a white corolla. The flattened fruit of the grass has a peculiar triangular shape, due to which the plant received two more names - a bag or a balalaika.
- Composition and therapeutic properties
- Application in medicine
- In gynecology
- With prostatitis
- From hemorrhoids
- From high blood pressure
- In cooking
- When pregnant and lactated
The flowering of the purse lasts from March to October. During this time the grass has time to go through the growing season three times. Collection of raw shepherd bags is carried out during flowering. Avoid opening fruit and plants with foci of fungal infection. To determine the infected bagger, you must leave the broken grass in the open sun for 1-2 days, if the leaves are covered with a white coating, then the plant is affected by the fungus and unsuitable for use.
The spring months are considered the most favorable period for harvesting a handbag. Dry the plant in attics, first spreading the grass with a thin layer. You can also dry the shepherd's bag outdoors in the shade if the weather is favorable outside. Store raw materials are recommended in cloth bags in a ventilated room no more than 3 years.
Composition and healing properties
- Tannins. Apple and citric acid.
- Luteolin and acetylcholine.
- Alcohol inositol.
50% of potassium is found in the ash of the shepherd's bag.
In addition, the plant has useful properties:
- Blood Cleansing.
- Wound healing.
For medicinal purposes, a dried and fresh aboveground part of the plant is used, consisting of stems, leaves, fruits and flowers. It is forbidden to collect a shepherd's bag with ripe fruits, as well as the affected fungus( plaque white on the leaves).From the grass prepare broths, infusions, extracts and teas, squeeze the juice.
- Infusion : 15 grams of the dried plant, pour 200 milliliters of boiling water, insist 1 hour, strain. Eat 15 ml( 1 tablespoon) 3 times daily before meals as a choleretic agent for gout, rheumatism, urinary incontinence, also with gastritis, intestinal atony, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, diarrhea, dysentery.
- Extract( tincture of alcohol) : 10 grams of dry raw materials to grind and pour 100 milliliters of 70% alcohol. Insist in glassware for 14 days, filter and drink 30 drops 2 times a day before meals, diluted with warm boiled water. Liquid herb extract can be purchased at the pharmacy network. According to the instructions, take 20 drops three times a day.
- Decoction for internal use of : 10 grams of herbs in an enameled container, pour 200 ml of hot water and warm in a water bath for 15 minutes under the lid. Then leave to cool for 45 minutes, strain and bring the volume of the product to 200 milliliters of boiled water. Ready to keep the infusion in a cool place( preferably in the refrigerator) for no more than 2 days. Take 15 milliliters not more than 5 times a day after meals as a hemostatic.
- Decoction for external use : 2 tablespoons of dry raw material pour 300 milliliters of water and boil for 1 minute, then insist 30 minutes and strain. The agent is used in the form of compresses and lotions - they are applied to ulcers, places of bruises, etc.
- Tea : 2 teaspoons finely chopped raw material pour 250 milliliters of boiling water, 10 minutes, strain and take 200 milliliters 2 times a day ina warm kind.
- Juice .In the treatment of diseases of the kidneys and liver use the juice of fresh grass shepherd's bag. It should be taken 35 drops in half with water 3 times a day. In autumn and winter you can consume preserved juice: it must be diluted with alcohol 1: 1 and rolled into glass containers. You can also take 50 grams of dry shepherd's bag, pour 1 liter of boiling water and insist about 1 hour, drain and take 100 grams 3 times a day.
Application in medicineto table of contents ^
Many female diseases are treated with a handbag. In gynecology, it is used in the following pathologies:
- Painful, copious monthly.
- Adenomyosis( endometriosis).
- Myoma of the uterus.
- Atony of the uterus( lack of a normal tone of the uterus).
- Vaginitis( inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina).
- In the premenopausal period.
Grass, above all, is known as an effective remedy for painful and profuse periods. With her help, you can reduce the amount of blood allocated, normalize the menstrual cycle and eliminate pain, spasm. In addition, the shepherd's bag is able to equalize the hormonal balance with unstable menstruation. Useful substances that make up the plant, stimulate the tone of the uterus and the motor of its muscles, narrow the peripheral vessels.
With whites, it is recommended to drink infusion of grass and perform douches, for which the plant can be combined with other herbs. The broth is prepared from shepherd's bag, nettle, yarrow, birch leaves. For 1 tablespoon of dry raw material pour 1 liter of water and boil for 30 minutes. Insist 1 hour, strain and douche 3 times a day.
Shepherd's bag has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and diuretic action that will help to rid the body of toxic microorganisms from the source of infection and eliminate inflammation.
However, the plant can not cope with prostatitis on its own, it is recommended to use it in combination with other herbs that will help get rid of infection, activate blood circulation and enzymes, reduce venous stasis in the pelvic organs, and strengthen potency and sexual desire.
- The prescription of the medical treatment №1 : mix 1 tablespoon herb herbage and celandine, marigold flowers, shredded hop cones, peony root, birch and pine buds, currant leaves, Leuzea root and skullcap. Then pick up the collection in a thermos, add to it 2.5 liters of boiling water and insist 8-9 hours. Drink 1/3 cup 3 times a day. The course of treatment is at least 2 months.
- The prescription of treatment fee №2 : mix 1 tablespoon of herbs, baguette, sporis, elecampane, rhizomes of bdan, calendula flowers. Then pour a mixture of 1.5 liters of boiling water, insist 3-4 hours, strain and drink 2 tablespoons 2 times a day. The course of treatment is 2 months.
In cases of hemorrhoidal bleeding, microclysters with a decoction broth are effective. To enhance the result of treatment, it is recommended to add to the 20-30 grammes of the shepherd's bag the same amount of herb yarrow and nettle dioecious. A mixture of herbs pour 200 milliliters of boiling water, boil for 5 minutes and use.
In the chronic course of the disease, it is necessary to wash the anal area and the sessile baths 2 times a day. For these purposes, you can apply a medicinal fee for microclysters at a rate of 1-2 tablespoons per 1 liter of boiling water.to contents ^
From increased pressure
The plant expands blood vessels, slows the rhythm of the heart, lowers arterial pressure, accelerates blood clotting. For treatment it is recommended to use an alcohol tincture of a bag of 30 drops 3 times a day.to the table of contents ^
In the cooking of
Fresh greens of a shepherd's caddy bag with the addition of celery is great for preparing a vitamin paste for sandwiches.
Dry grass can be used as a spice for hot dishes. Seeds replace pepper and mustard, and the leaves are suitable for filling pies, and they can also saturate the vegetable broth.
The use of the plant is prohibited in the presence of the following pathologies:
- Thrombosis and thrombophlebitis.
- Individual intolerance.
In pregnancy and lactation
It is forbidden to treat any diseases with a handbag during pregnancy, as it causes a contraction of the smooth muscles of the uterus, which can provoke a miscarriage. Also, you can not use it while breastfeeding.