All legumes without exception are very actively used by man. Lentils are valued since the days of Ancient Egypt. In addition to simple but very tasty dishes from it, medicines are obtained, lentils hide a huge number of useful properties. A few decades ago in our country it was less popular, however, today it is included in the menu more people who care about their health and beauty.
- chemical composition
- Types lentil
- Red( Egyptian)
- Green( French)
- Useful properties
- As cooking
- The pan
- In multivarka
- Kasha lentil dishes with carrots
- cutlets lentil
- Lentilsoup puree
- Salad from boiled vegetables and lentils
- Casserole with mushrooms and lentils
Lentils can form the basis of a healthy diet, in itcontains various vitamins and substances that are of great benefit to the body. In addition, they are very well absorbed. For many, lentils serve as a substitute for cereals, flour products, and sometimes even meat.
Nutritional value, in different types of beans may vary slightly:
- Caloric value - 300-350 calories;
- Proteins - 24-28 grams;
- Fats - 1-2 grams;
- Carbohydrates - 45-50 grams;
- Dietary fiber - 10-12 grams;
- Vitamins: A, B1, B2, PP, E;
- Mineral substances: calcium, silicon, magnesium, selenium, copper, zinc, phosphorus, iodine, fluorine, iron.
Types of lentils
During the existence of the culture a wide variety of lentil species appeared. They differ in color, taste and consistency after cooking. But each has its own distinctive features, and choose one that is more useful than simply impossible.to contents ^
Most of all it is popular in the Far East. In appearance - small black grains, but requiring a long time cooking. This species is the most expensive.to contents ^
The grains of such lentils are cleaned from the shell, which speeds up the cooking process. For 15 minutes it is completely boiled. Pretty bright and strong taste perfectly complements soups and mashed potatoes.to contents ^
Is the most popular variety in our country. These are already ripened grains that require soaking before cooking. The taste slightly resembles nutty.to contents ^
This species was bred in France. Green nicknamed it for being immature grains of green color. It has the mildest taste, but due to incomplete maturity it never boils when cooked.to the table of contents ^
Useful properties of
Due to the huge variety of substances beneficial to the human body that hide the seeds of lentils, there is no doubt that it is of great benefit to the body. Lentils enrich the body with many useful substances, so in a rational and healthy diet, it is necessary.
- Promotes the maintenance of the function of vision, helps to maintain it under heavy eye strain, and also in poorly lit rooms. Normalizes the formation of pigments on the retina of the eyeball.
- Accelerates the formation and repair of skin cells, which makes it healthier and more elastic. Prevents dryness of mucous membranes and skin. Helps to repair wounds and cuts on the skin.
- Normalizes and accelerates the growth of the body without deviations in development, which is especially useful for children.
- Prevents the deposition of acids formed during the metabolism in the tissues of the body.
- Normalizes the processes of splitting and absorption into the blood of various substances. It is necessary in the synthesis of proteins and fats.
- Promotes normalization of cellular respiration.
- Strengthens the nervous system.
- Supports the health of the skin and nails, prevents their fragility and loss.
- Capable of clearing blood from "bad" cholesterol, normalizes its balance. Can help in getting rid of cholesterol plaques on the vessels.
- Removes from the body excess fluid and salt, which helps to remove swelling, as well as to facilitate and improve kidney and liver function.
- Regulates the production of sex hormones. In the body of women provides the presence of the necessary substances for the normal course of pregnancy, improves blood circulation in reproductive organs.
- Protects against premature aging and the formation of cancer cells.
- Is the supplier of iodine for the body. Due to the high content of this substance, the thyroid gland function and the production of hormones are normalized.
- Strengthens bones, prevents their fragility, and also protects against destruction of teeth and tooth enamel.
- Strengthens the general condition of the body, is actively used in the treatment of weakness and anemia, increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- In its composition has a large amount of protein with a set of essential amino acids. Therefore it is necessary in the diet of athletes and vegetarians.
- Thanks to the high fiber content, it normalizes the intestinal motility, restores its peristalsis, which will relieve constipation, flatulence and accumulation of harmful substances on the walls of the digestive tract. The use of fiber promotes weight loss.
- For diabetics, the benefit of lentils lies in its ability to keep the sugar level in the blood.
How to brew
The most popular, simple and affordable way to cook this culture is cooking. And it can be cooked not only in a saucepan, a multivarker for this purpose is not worse.to the table of contents ^
In a saucepan
Different types of lentils differ in cooking time. Therefore, before cooking, the characteristics of each kind must be taken into account.
- Black is cooked for about 20 minutes.
- Red lentils will be ready in 15-20 minutes of cooking.
- Brown should be boiled for 35-40 minutes.
- Green lentils are cooked for 20-30 minutes.
In addition to cooking time, cooking different lentils is no different and includes several stages.
- For preparation it is required to take lentil with water in a ratio of 2: 1 in favor of water.
- Before cooking, bean culture should be carefully sorted out so that foreign garbage does not get into the garnish.
- Put lentils in a colander under a tap, it is better to change the water 3-4 times.
- Water in a saucepan must be brought to an obvious boil.
- After boiling it is worth pouring lentils, always stirring.
- Bring water with lentils to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Cover with a lid, leaving a small opening for air, cook depending on the type of lentil.
- Before turning off the fire, salt and seasonings should be added to taste.
- Once prepared, lentils can be served immediately.
In the multivariate
Lentil before cooking should be washed and sorted, only then go to the preparation.
- Water in a ratio of 2: 1 preheat. Pour into the multivark.
- Pour lentil into warmed liquid.
- Set the "Quenching" mode and prepare the amount of time that is required for the selected cultivar.
Recipes of dishes
Lentils are combined with many products, which allows you to conduct with it a variety of experimentsin the kitchen.to table of contents ^
Porridge of lentils with carrots
- lentils - 2 cups;
- water - 4 cups;
- carrots - 200 grams;Onion - 100 grams of
- vegetable oil - 1/4 cup;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
How to cook:
- Lentils prepared for cooking.
- Heat water in a saucepan until boiling.
- Pour lentils, add salt and spices to taste. Bring to full readiness, reducing fire.
- Frying pan, pour in butter.
- In the oil, fry the crushed carrots and the diced onions.
- After the onion is soft, put the vegetables on a paper towel.
- Pour oil into lentils.
- Add the carrots and onions. Mix.
Cutlets of lentils
- lentils - 150 grams;
- semolina - 50 grams;
- carrots - 100-150 grams;
- onion - 100 grams;
- sour cream( mayonnaise) - 25 grams;
- salt, spices, herbs - to taste;
- sunflower or olive oil - 10-15 milliliters;
- flour( bread crumbs) - for breading.
- Pour the bean culture with water in a ratio of 2: 1 and cook until ready.
- Onions and carrots in a hot oil to bring to softness.
- Mix lentils with fried.
- Pour into the future "minced" mango, add sour cream or mayonnaise, spices and salt.
- Bring to a puree state with a crush or blender.
- Roll the cutlets in breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown.
Lentil soup puree
- lentils - 2 cups;
- liquid part( water or any broth) - 2 liters;
- carrots - 150 grams;
- potato - 200 grams;Onion - 100 grams;
- sunflower or olive oil - 30-40 milliliters
- salt, spices, greens - to taste.
- Bring water in a saucepan to a boil.
- Rinse and peel the lentils. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Add the lentils and potatoes to the boiling water, cover and cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Chop the onions and carrots, fry in vegetable oil.
- Add the vegetables to the lentils and potatoes.
- Stir with salt and spices.
- Blender to bring to a homogeneous consistency.
- In the finished dish, if desired, add chopped greens.
Salad from boiled vegetables and lentils
- beet - 150 grams;
- carrots - 150 grams;
- lentils green - 100 grams;
- canned peas - 1 pot;
- olive oil;
- salt - to taste.
- Beet and carrots cook under the lid until soft.
- Clear the finished vegetables and chop. Boil the lentils until cooked.
- Stir all ingredients.
- Season salad with oil, add spices.
- Ready dish to decorate with greens.
Casserole with mushrooms and lentils
- lentils green or brown - 200 g
- water - 400 milliliters
- mushrooms - 350 grams;
- onion - 100 grams;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- bacon - 150 grams;
- vegetable oil - 30 milliliters;
- flour - 2 tablespoons
- meat broth - 1 glass;
- tomato sauce - 20 grams;
- balsamic vinegar - 10 milliliters;
- cheese - 100 grams;
- fresh tomatoes - 100 grams;
- salt, seasoning - to taste, if desired.
How to cook:
- Boil lentils, both for garnish.
- Grill onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook with onions and garlic until the liquid evaporates, about 7-10 minutes.
- Sift the flour, mix thoroughly.
- Pour broth, tomato sauce, vinegar, add finely chopped bacon and fry until thickened for about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the ready-made parts of the future casserole.
- The walls of the baking dish must be covered with vegetable oil.
- Pour lentils, grate cheese on top.
- Cook in the oven, heated to 180-190 degrees.
- On top decorate with tomatoes and greens.
- Besides proteins, lentils hide a large amount of carbohydrates. The use of it at night can complicate the process of digestion and provoke minor swelling. You need to use it in moderation.
- Lentil is a legume crop, and all legumes increase the formation of gases in the intestine, so people suffering from flatulence, you need with extreme caution to approach the inclusion of lentils in the diet.
- It is forbidden to use lentils during an exacerbation of inflammatory processes in the pancreas, during periods of relief, its quantity is strictly limited and negotiated with the doctor.
- With gout and other joint diseases, lentils can affect the accumulation of salts, so people can not use the product with such ailments.
- With urolithiasis and kidney impairment, it is contraindicated to use boiled lentils, but it is advisable to drink broths cooked on its basis.