Adjika is a hot sauce based on tomatoes, garlic, hot pepper, salt and a lot of spices. It is served with meat dishes, bread, soups and vegetable garnishes are added. There are many varieties of Adzhika, one of which is a zucchini sauce. In a season when the cost of this crop is very low, it is worthwhile to prepare Adzhika from zucchini for the winter. It should also be acute, otherwise it will not be adzhika, but simply caviar roe, but still the taste of zucchini sauce turns out softer and more delicate than the classical version. Real jam!
- How to prepare
- How to prepare
- Recipes for Adzhika from zucchini for the winter
- With tomatoes and tomato paste
- With apples
- With celery( with sterilization)
- With tomato juice
Selection of products
Adjika from zucchini has many varieties. It is prepared with the addition of various vegetables, which allow you to regulate the taste of the dish. First of all, it refers to hot pepper. The presence of this ingredient is necessary in adzhika, but its quantity depends on your taste preferences. It will bring sweetness to the taste of sauce the addition of apples, bell pepper and carrots. Garlic will add spicy and spicy flavor. Zucchini adjika is prepared with tomato paste, tomatoes or even without them, then the color of the sauce will be yellow, like vegetable caviar.
Like all dishes of Caucasian cuisine, Adjika is prepared with a lot of greenery and spices. Their choice also depends on personal preferences, it can be parsley, basil, dill, coriander and other herbs, but their presence in the dish is mandatory.
Zucchini for Adzhika should be chosen young, with a thin skin and a small amount of small seeds. More mature fruits are not suitable for cooking and will make the dish watery.
Secrets and tricks of
To get the right adzhika from zucchini for the winter, you need to study some features of the sauce preparation.
- Vegetables for zucchini adzhika grind in a meat grinder or blender, but the blender will make the sauce more homogeneous, and adzhika implies the presence of small pieces of vegetables.
- To obtain the correct consistency of the sauce, it should thicken, so it is boiled for at least 60 minutes.
- To approximate the taste and color of Adzhika from zucchini to the classical version, the addition of fresh tomatoes will help, but they can easily be replaced with a quality tomato paste, instead of 1 kg of tomatoes you need to take 100 grams of pasta and cook according to the recipe.
- You can not add tomatoes or pasta to the zucchini sauce, but to achieve the desired color shade with ground paprika, 1-2 large spoons of seasoning are enough.
- To add a sweetish taste to the sauce, sugar is added during cooking, the amount needs to be adjusted so that the dish does not turn out to be too sweet.
- Adjika is stored for a long time in any dry dark place, the main thing is to put it away from heating devices and direct sunlight.
How to prepare
The principle of preparation of zucchini adzhika for the winter is simple - all the vegetables are ground in a meat grinder, add the spices and boil over moderate heat until the desired consistency. It is necessary to add vinegar, rock salt and vegetable oil as natural preservatives. Then the sauce is poured into pre-treated jars and rolled up.
You can perform a sterilization procedure in boiling water before clogging. Distinct recipes are also the addition of various ingredients, mainly Adjika is prepared using carrots, tomatoes, celery, peppers.
Recipes of Adzhika from zucchini for the winter
With tomatoes and tomato paste
- 1,2 kg zucchini;
- 600 grams of tomatoes;
- 130 grams of tomato paste;
- 600 grams of lettuce;
- 2 hot peppers;
- 1,5 heads of garlic;
- 1 tbsp.rock salt;
- 1 tbsp.granulated sugar;
- 60 ml of oil;
- spices and herbs;
- 60 ml of vinegar.
- In zucchini trim pedicels, cut into slices, the shape of the cutting is not important, all the vegetables will be crushed with a meat grinder.
- In tomatoes, cut the stems, divided into several pieces.
- Empty the garlic.
- In peppers remove the core, twist through the meat grinder along with the tomatoes.
- Pour into a wide bowl and put on fire.
- Smoke on moderate heat for 45 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, finely crumbled greens, spices, pour in the oil.
- Throw in the chopped garlic and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Lastly pour into the vinegar sauce, remove from the plate.
- Spread on glass treated jars and clog.
If you add apples to the adjika of zucchini, you can give the sauce a gentle sweetish flavor. This adzhika will be a perfect sauce for chicken, pasta and vegetable garnishes.
- 4.5 kg of young squash;
- 900 g of salad pepper;
- 10-13 pods of hot pepper;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- 1.1 kg of apples;
- a glass of vinegar;
- 900 grams of carrots;
- 200 grams of granulated sugar;
- 500 ml of vegetable oil;
- 5 tablespoons salt.
- All vegetables should be washed and cleaned: remove the peel from zucchini, apples and carrots, cut the seeds and septa from the peppers, and divide the garlic into slices.
- Cut the products into pieces and treat them with a meat grinder.
- Salt, cover with sugar and pour in the oil.
- Put on a plate and cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar, cover and simmer for another 8 minutes.
- Distribute to clean cans and tightly seal.
- Cool under a warm blanket and put away for storage.
With celery( with sterilization)
Of course, the feature of any Adzhika, regardless of its varieties, is that it is an acute sauce, so it is necessary to add bitter pepper. But for those who do not like burning dishes, there is an option that will allow you to prepare a juicy Adzhika without hot pepper, replacing it with spicy celery.
- 1.3 kg of courgettes;
- 120 grams of tomato paste;
- 1 whole celery;
- 70 ml of vinegar;
- 1 large salad pepper;
- lean oil;
- 1.5 tbsp.salts;
- spices, herbs on request;
- 1 tbsp.of granulated sugar.
- Squash should be peeled, the core should be removed from the sweet pepper.
- Grind vegetables using a meat grinder.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer in a quiet fire for about an hour.
- Celery( root and leaves) finely crumble and fry in lean oil.
- Add to the squash with sugar and tomato paste, which can be slightly diluted with water.
- Season with sauce, pour in the vinegar at the end of cooking.
- Add crushed herbs and favorite spices if desired.
- Put the sauce in jars, cover with lids and sterilize for 20-30 minutes.
- Cork and put before cooling down under the blanket.
With tomato juice
If you do not want to bother with fresh tomatoes, and the purchased tomato paste does not inspire confidence, you can prepare for adzhika from zucchini with the addition of tomato juice. Ideally, it should be home-made juice. This method will save time on preparing the winter billet.
- 5.2 kg of zucchini;
- 1.1 kg of carrots;
- 500 ml of tomato juice;
- 3 heads of garlic;
- 200 grams of sugar;
- 500 ml lean oil;
- 1 large spoon of ground hot pepper;
- 100 ml of vinegar;
- 1 spoon of salt.
- In zucchini and carrots remove the cuticle, cut into several pieces. Garlic, peel garlic.
- Grind vegetables through a meat grinder.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into a saucepan, add butter, spices and put on a plate.
- Wait for a boil and lower the heat.
- Cover the dishes with a lid and simmer the sauce for 55 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar, stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Spread the adzhika on sterile jars and seal.
- Store in a cool dark place.
Adjika from zucchini all winter will please you with an unusual taste!