The textile market is represented by a huge number of various fabrics, among which the fabric of percale is increasingly in demand. Perkal - high-quality thin cotton fabric, which has a plain weave and has increased strength. Specialists in the field of textile industry consider this matter to be the queen of bedding fabrics.
- Composition Characteristics Types
- Advantages Disadvantages
- Bed of percale
- Recommendations for choosing
- Guidelines for care and washing
Ironing Fabric Characteristics
percale fabrics created from one non-twisted yarn length lying uniformly. This gives the material resistance to wear. The napkins of matter are joined by a special indelible solution. After washing, the percale does not rastrepyvaetsya, and the surface is not covered with pellets. The fabric is not afraid of washing at high temperatures and is able to transfer about a thousand washes.
The density of the fabric varies from 100 to 160 threads per 1 square centimeter. The material is very dense and smooth. Cotton fabric cools the body in hot weather and warms in the cold.
Matter is easy to color in different colors. Fabrics of light shades are softer to the touch than deeply colored. Creations of percale are not afraid of ultraviolet rays, and drawings on them do not fade.to contents ^
The composition of the percale fabric can be different, in any variation is characterized by wear-resistant and hypoallergenic properties.
Originally, the percale fabric was a 100% cotton material made from long filament yarn. Although percale is now mainly made of cotton, which has good air permeability, a large number of cotton fibers can lead to the wrinkling of matter. To reduce this effect, manufacturers in the composition of the fabric began to add a resistant to crushing fibers of polyester, polyester or silk. Sometimes the basis of the fabric is taken by natural fiber of flax, which does not spoil the quality of the material.to contents ^
Types of percale fabrics differ in their purpose and fall into two categories:
- Household - they are soft and used for making bed linen, clothes, naperniki and household items( napkins, curtains, tablecloths);
- Technical - characterized by low density from 72 to 103 g / m², which gives the fabric perfect impermeability and strength. This fabric is impregnated with special protective compounds and is called severe. Suitable for sewing tents, parachutes and awnings.
The material has convincing advantages:
- Wear resistance - the fabric is not burnable, withstands intense washing, does not sit down and does not shed;
- Hypoallergenic - the use of natural fibers does not cause allergic reactions, can be used for sewing bed sets for people with cutaneous and pulmonary diseases;
- Air permeability - matter well passes air, despite density;
- Softness - a special way of weaving allows the fabric to remain soft for a long time, without the appearance of spikes and stretch;
- No electrification - the fabric can be used for sewing baby bedding.
Perkal has several significant disadvantages:
- A special approach and attention is needed when leaving. Select the detergent carefully. The use of bleach has a harmful effect on bed linen made of percale. The material is whimsical to hard water;
- The cost is higher than other cotton and linen fabrics, which not everyone can afford.
Bed of percale
Soft bedding made of percale will decorate any bed and give a prestigious note to the interior. Dense weaving of percale ensures that the fillers of pillows and blankets will not break out.
Bedding made of percale "breathes" and absorbs moisture. The blanket, covered with a pillowcase made of this material, is able to retain heat longer, which is important in cold weather.
On the matte surface of bed linen from the percale look great drawings, ornaments, patterns and plot compositions. The paints lie evenly and stay for a long time.
Bed sets made of percale are half-dissected, double, family and standard euro. For small children, textiles can also be sewn from percale. The composition of the percale cloth for bed linens intended for children should contain 100% cotton or linen without the addition of polyester or silk.to the table of contents ^
Recommendations for choosing
If you decide to buy bed linen from percale, you will have to pay a decent amount for it, but in exchange will get excellent quality for years to come.
Before buying it is important to make sure that this is not a fake. Fabric refers to the category of elite and expensive, and the level of those wishing to create its imitation at a height. The truth of percale can be identified by relying on the weaving method. You need to look carefully at the tissue. If a connected net is found in the form of a cross or a circle, it is worth noting the purchase. It's a fake copy.to contents ^
Recommendations for care
Fabric percale requires careful care.to contents ^
Before use, new bedding should be washed at a temperature of 20 degrees in a delicate washing mode. Before the washing process, you need to turn out the pillowcases and duvet cover inside out, button up( zipper) to fasten. It is forbidden to use bleach, which leads to a weakening of the tissue fibers, boil and soak the laundry.
After washing, the laundry must be carefully squeezed( manually).Washing in a washing machine is not recommended. Dry clothes can only be in horizontal or vertical position. Before you hang the laundry, you need to shake it( in this way, align) and smoothen out at the seams.to contents ^
To iron bed sets made of percale is recommended from the front side at a temperature of no more than 150 degrees. It is best, in the ironing process, not to use steam regimes.