If oxygen enters the body inadequately, hypoxia develops - so in medical language is called oxygen starvation. To saturate tissues and blood with life-giving gas, various methods are used, among which the treatment with a hyperbaric chamber is not the last. But like any treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- General information
The pressure chamber is a large sealed capsule with windows, where for a certain period of time - from 20 minutes to an hour - the patient is placed. He does not have to do anything, just lie and breathe the air, sufficiently enriched with oxygen. In the pressure chamber are built sensors that define parameters such as pressure and the level of oxygen that enters the capsule - this is how oxygen is called in Latin.to contents ^
Treatment in a hyperbaric chamber is called hyperbaric oxygenation( abbreviated as HBO).Translated into the universal language, this means saturation of the body with oxygen under pressure above atmospheric pressure. In carrying out this procedure, oxygen enters the bloodstream of the patient much more intensively than during normal breathing. And the blood carries it to all the "corners" of the body, which due to this activates the regeneration processes of each of its tissues: whether it is nervous or muscular, bone or cartilaginous, and so on.
Undoubted effect of HBO-therapy is marked by a very wide list of pathologies in which treatment in a pressure chamber is recommended. Indications for use of HBO concern the following ailments:
- various diseases of the vessels of the extremities that have arisen due to circulatory disorders;
- a variety of cardiac pathologies, including various kinds of arrhythmias and heart failure;
- diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- among liver pathologies HBO-therapy is susceptible to hepatitis - acute and chronic, as well as cirrhosis;
- cerebral infarction, called ischemic stroke in another way, craniocerebral and spinal injuries, encephalopathies, paresis of peripheral nerves are indications from the nervous system;
- in the list of poisonings - a successful fight against botulism, carbon monoxide poisoning and even cyanides;
- is amenable to treatment for many eye pathologies, in particular, circulatory disorders in the retina;
- from the endocrine system is an indication for HBO is such a complex disease as diabetes with insulin dependence, its complications, diffuse-toxic goiter;
- indications for the use of a pressure chamber are also maxillofacial problems: periodontal disease, gingivitis, stomatitis, healing of wound traces after facial plasty;
- diseases related to obstetrics and gynecology. As for the purpose of the altitude chamber during pregnancy, the doctor will determine the indications and contraindications after necessary consultations with the therapist, endocrinologist, ENT doctor;
- set of indications for newborns with various pathologies such as asphyxia, cerebral circulation disorders;
- treatment of wounds, burns and frostbite, radiation injuries;
- this technique is successfully tested and in the treatment of drug addiction.
For all the recommended pathologies for treatment, there is a pressure chamber and contraindications for use, mostly associated with the respiratory tract.
Contraindications also include:
- presence in the lungs of abscesses, caverns;
- bilateral pneumonia;
- undrained pneumothorax is a pathological condition in which air enters the pleural cavity;
- has a certain percentage of people who are hypersensitive to oxygen;
- a striking contraindication is epilepsy in the anamnesis;
- hypertension with a constant blood pressure exceeding 160/90;
- because the treatment procedure takes place in a confined space, then claustrophobia, in which a person is afraid of such a situation.
GBA - abbreviated designation of the method of hypobaric adaptation. It is aimed at stimulating the defenses and reserves of the patient's own organism. What is its essence? In the pressure chamber creates a lower atmospheric pressure, as if imitating the mountain air, which allows you to train baroreceptors - the end of nerves located in the vessels and reacting to changes in blood pressure. During the session, the patient inhales a much larger volume of air, while the oxygen level in the blood rises, due to which the respiratory organs, the cardiovascular system work better, the fat metabolism normalizes, the immune system is strengthened.to contents ^
- "Mountain air" treats bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, i.e.diseases in which the patient is difficult to breathe, - bronchitis, emphysema;
- is one of the indications of an oxygen pressure chamber - treatment for a long time and often sick with colds;
- is useful for using the method for psychotherapeutic purposes: correction of boundary conditions;treatment of neuroses, depressive and hypochondriacal states, neurocirculatory dystonia, migraine( allowed only between attacks);
- complex treatment and prevention of heart diseases, including rehabilitation of post-infarction cardiosclerosis;
- hypertension 1-2 degrees;
- disorders of lipid( fat) metabolism.
Do not interfere with the use of GBA and healthy people, especially those who are burdened by risk factors for coronary heart disease and hypertension. This will improve the movement of blood along the vessels and the general condition. Among the indications can be called GBA-therapy as a means to improve the effectiveness of the sports training process.
- For hypobaric adaptation in comparison with HBO method, two indications were noted among the indications: claustrophobia and impaired permeability of Eustachian tubes and canals;
- should not be used if there are leg veins;
- with hernias, wherever they are in the body;
- if within a year there was a traumatic brain injury - this also does not allow treatment in the pressure chamber under low pressure;
- obstetric and gynecological problems in the form of uterine bleeding, as well as pregnancy;
- acute infections and so-called somatic diseases during their exacerbation;
- does not show barotherapy to patients who have reached the age of over 60 years.
In patients who have undergone the course of GBA, the underlying disease is much less likely to recur and aggravate, they are much less likely to resort to medical treatment. This increases the performance - both mental and physical, reduces fatigue. The organism acquires resistance to unfavorable factors.