Feeling of a coma in the throat - this is a fairly common phenomenon, causing discomfort in the neck and problems in the work of breathing. This is a signal about the presence of any malfunctions in the body, both physiological and psychosomatic. This phenomenon can be caused by several reasons, which will be discussed below.
- How to prevent the onset
The consequences and causes of the disease are quite diverse. The feeling of a lump in the throat of causes can have several, which are conditionally divided into two groups - somatic and psychogenic.to contents ^
To this category of causes are the following diseases:
- diseases of the stomach and digestive tract( as a rule, the cause is accompanied by eructation);
- inflammation of the thyroid gland, thus there is a sensation of squeezing in the neck;
- allergic reaction to drugs;
- inflammatory processes in the larynx and in the upper respiratory tract, including catarrhal diseases;
- diaphragmatic hernia( in this case, the cause of the lump in the throat and belching of the air are inseparable);
- neuralgic diseases;
- vegeto-vascular dystonia;
- a foreign body stuck in the throat( the cause may be a piece of food);
- Excess body weight.
Pregnant women often have this symptom - it is almost always associated with hormonal processes in the body and passes right after delivery.
The causes of the child are the same as in adults. Often they become jammed pieces of food or a lack of iodine in the body.to contents ^
To psychogenic reasons, the formation of lumps in the throat include:
- mental disorders;
- emotional instability, nervousness, anxiety;
- stress, depression, sudden mood changes;
- violation of acclimatization.
In this case, you need to see a doctor-psychotherapist.to contents ^
In addition to the discomfort and sensation of the obstruction that prevents swallowing and breathes fully, there are other signs of a pathological condition:
- shortness of breath, attacks of suffocation;
- painful sensation in the throat after a meal or a long conversation;
- impossibility to swallow;
- difficulty in swallowing food( feeling as if food does not get into the throat);
- high blood pressure;
- anxiety, apathy, sudden changes in mood;
- nausea, vomiting, heartburn, acid taste on the tongue;
- increased heart rate;
- unhealthy skin tone - pale, greenish;
- chills, fever, fever;
- cold sweat;
- painful sensations in the region of the heart, ribs, back;
- headache and dizziness.
At a severe stage of the disease, a patient may experience loss of consciousness, foam from the mouth, convulsions like epileptic seizures. Attacks of suffocation in some cases can cause the death of a person.to table of contents ^
First of all, it is necessary to contact the doctor who will prescribe the appropriate tests. It can be:
- blood and urine test;
- Ultrasound of the esophagus, thyroid, heart;
- X-ray of the spine;
- examination of the throat for the presence of an increase in lymph nodes, tumors and other formations.
Treatment depends on the cause of the symptom.
- If the cause is related to the disease of the endocrine system of the body, the treatment is carried out with the help of hormonal or iodine-containing drugs.
- When osteochondrosis is applied manual therapy, as well as acupuncture and electrostimulation.
- If the sensation of a lump in the throat when swallowing is of the esophagus or stomach disease , then, as a rule, a course of antibacterial therapy aimed at getting rid of helicobacteria is prescribed. The resulting eructation can be eliminated with the help of special agents( inhibitors), take Almagel or Gastal, after consulting with a specialist.
- If the doctor diagnosed postnazalny syndrome ( the flow of mucus on the back wall of the nasopharynx), which often occurs due to a cold, will help wash the nasal sinuses with saline solution( 3 tablespoons salt per liter of boiled water).
- Sensation of a lump in the throat often accompanies such a disease as chronic tonsillitis .In this case, the specialist will prescribe the washing of the tonsils( manual or hardware).The course is from 5 to 10 procedures with a frequency of one procedure every other day.
- Mental disorders are eliminated with sedatives and regular visits to a specialist psychotherapist. A doctor can prescribe a course of correction of autonomic dysfunction, which includes taking medications such as Anaprilin, Bellaspon, Pyroxan, Obsidan. With , the increased nervous excitability of is prescribed for the intake of calcium-containing drugs in combination with vitamin D3.
- With panic attack you can drink a glass of water, only slowly and with small sips. This will help to relieve pain for a short while and restore workability in those cases if there is no possibility to take the medicine.
- With , oncological diseases( swelling of the throat or nasopharynx) , surgical intervention and chemotherapy may be necessary.
It is not recommended to treat the lump with folk remedies - they should not be resorted to before the doctor determines the exact cause of this pathological condition.
There are several ways to eliminate this feeling for a while. These are procedures like:
- calm down, relax, try to meditate;
- ensure the supply of fresh air into the lungs;
- to hold off briefly breath;
- take a relaxing bath;
- cause a vomitive reflex;
- sniff the ammonia.
It's important to pay attention to your sleep mode. It is possible that it will be enough just to start getting enough sleep, and the problem will be solved quickly enough. You need to sleep in a well-ventilated room, on a hard or semi-solid surface. If a large pillow is used, it should be replaced with a small one - this is more useful for the spine, especially for osteochondrosis.
Power mode is also worth reviewing - to abandon the acute, salty, hot food. And also reduce the use of alcohol and tobacco, and it is better to completely get rid of bad habits.to the table of contents ^
How to prevent the emergence of
In order to prevent the occurrence of an unpleasant lump in the larynx, the following preventive measures should be observed:
- in time to treat ear, nose and throat diseases in order to prevent relapses;
- to avoid excitement, stress, severe emotional distress;
- lead a healthy lifestyle, which includes the rejection of bad habits, moderate physical activity, healthy sleep and proper nutrition;
- systematically visit a physician-therapist;
- maintain the necessary level of humidity in the room;
- ensure a normal load on the vocal cords, do not tear and do not overexert them, do not talk too long outside in frosty weather;
- in the presence of harmful working conditions( acrid smoke, sharp chemical odors, fumes) wear a respirator or gauze bandage.
These measures are sufficient to avoid the sensation of a coma in the throat, if it is not associated with more serious diseases. In any case, you should always consult a doctor.