The barley is a result of the processing of the oldest, spread all over the world, cereals - barley. After purification of its grains from various impurities, seeds of weeds, removal of flower films, barley kernels are crushed. The result of this is a barley cereal, endowed with all the useful qualities of this cereal.
- Chemical composition
- Chemical composition
- Chemical composition
- How to cook
- How to cook
- In a pan
- In a multi-bowl
- Recipes for dishes
- Cutlets from barley cereals
- Barley soup
- Porridge with barley and pumkin in a pot
- Harm and contraindications
Barley,being a known source of a variety of nutrients, when processing leaves them in the received grains, because the technology does not include either grinding or polishing the grains. Therefore, knowing what kind of cereal the barley is made from, it is possible to establish its chemical composition.The calorie content of this cereal is high in comparison, for example, with vegetables or fruits. But among the other cereals in this indicator, it is in the last position. The calorific value is 313 kcal.
Nutritional value of 100 grams of the product is:
- proteins - 10 grams;
- fats - 1.3 grams;
- carbohydrates - 65.5 grams;
- ash - 1.2 grams;
- water - 15 grams.
There is a wide range of vitamins and minerals in barley. It is especially saturated with the following elements( % of the norm per 100 grams):
- with dietary fiber - 40.5%;
- phosphorus - 42.9%;
- manganese - 38%;
- with copper - 37%;
- with cobalt - 21%;
- molybdenum - 18.6%;
- with magnesium - 12.5%;
- B1 - 18%;
- B6 - 27%;
- RR - 23.5%;
Vitamins A, E, D, amino acids, selenium, potassium, calcium, zinc, iron, iodine, sulfur, saturated fatty acids also contain significant amounts.to contents ^
Barley cereals are not so popular compared to cereals such as oatmeal, rice, buckwheat. However, on medicinal properties, it is not inferior, and somewhere even surpasses many cereals.
- Has an immunomodulating and strengthening effect on the body due to the presence of beta-glucan in the protein, which increases the response of lymphocytes to foreign agents.
- Positively affects the vessels, strengthening and making them more elastic. Magnesium, potassium, B vitamins nourish the heart muscle, and set up the activity of the nervous system. Selenium improves the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Contains a large amount of slowly digestible carbohydrates and dietary fiber, so it takes a long time to digest and process the product. Man quickly becomes saturated and does not feel hunger for a long time. Therefore, often barley is used for weight loss.
- Due to its slow cleavage, the blood sugar level remains unchanged. For this reason, barley in case of diabetes is the recommended product.
- Included in the amino acids, vitamins have a rejuvenating effect, a positive effect on the hair, nails, skin.
- Provides enveloping( due to the protein containing gluten), antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic effect, which is used in the treatment of the organs of the digestive and urinary systems. In this case, it can be used in the form of decoctions, which are also useful in arthritis, coughing, and weak vision.
- Fiber in the composition of cereals improves intestinal peristalsis, normalizes the stool, accelerates metabolism, helps to get rid of constipation.
- Promotes disposal of the body from harmful substances, allergies, prevents excessive deposition of fats.
- Contains many minerals needed for the elderly. They improve brain activity and metabolic processes in the body.
How to cook
Preparation of barley cereals presents no difficulties, but some nuances are still present.
- Groats are to be cleaned, so it should be sorted out.
- The bowl needs to be washed, which is more convenient to do in a sieve.
- Groats are put in cold water.
- The obtained consistency of the porridge depends on the amount of liquid. Standard proportions 1 cup cereals per 3 cups water. For the viscosity of the porridge, the liquid should be increased( up to 4 glasses), for friability - cut( 2 cups).
- For a better taste, it is necessary that the cooked cereal is at fault, and it is necessary to add oil.
You can cook barley cereal in a pan or in a multivark.to contents ^
After cleaning and washing the egg, it is necessary to put it in a saucepan and fill it with water in the ratio 1 to 3. If the porridge is cooked on milk, then it should be replaced with 1 glass of water.
Then pour the pot with water and the egg into medium heat and bring to a boil. After boiling, reduce the heat, you can add butter and warm milk( 1 glass), if the porridge is cooked on it. The groats should be boiled for another 15-20 minutes.
After cooking the pan cover and wrap it with something warm. You can put it in a preheated to 150 degrees oven for 15 minutes.Useful properties, methods of preparation and contra-indications cereals bulgur http://woman-l.ru/poleznye-svojstva-krupy-bulgur/to the table of contents ^
In the multivariate
After preparing 1 cup of the egg, put it in the bowl of the multivark and pour 2 cupswater. For a more viscous consistency, the water should be increased to 3 cups.
Salt and turn on the "Groats" mode. How many baked barley can be looked at in the description of the regimes( usually 35-50 minutes).After the work of the multivarche, the porridge should be held in it for some time( about half an hour), then add the butter to taste.
If the porridge is brewed with milk, then the amount of it is taken as water( 2-3 cups) and add to the bowl multivarki along with the croup and water. You can completely replace the water with milk( 1 liter).The mode is selected "Milk porridge".to the table of contents ^
Recipes of dishes
The diet can be diversified not only with a side dish of barley cereals, but also other original dishes. There is a large number of options for cooking tasty and healthy food, which includes a yacht.to the table of contents ^
Cutlets from barley cereals
Preparation of this dish takes minimum time, as its component can be used porridge, left after breakfast.
- barley cereals - 1 glass;
- greens( onion, dill, parsley) - 1 bunch;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- salt - to taste;
- water - 2 cups;Breadcrumbs - 3 tablespoons.
Boil a barley porridge or take it ready, preferably, it was not a liquid consistency, then it's easier to make cutlets. Add salt.
Greens chop and mix porridge. Then add the eggs to the resulting mass, and mix thoroughly.
To blind cutlets, roll in breadcrumbs and fry in a frying pan in vegetable oil. Crispy cutlets are ready.to table of contents ^
Soup with barley cereal
This soup has not only excellent taste, it is also an easy and nutritious lunch.
- chicken wings - 3 pieces;
- water - 2 liters;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- onion - 1 piece;
- potatoes - 5 pieces;
- barley cereals - 2 tablespoons;
- butter - 1 teaspoon;
- salt - to taste.
Place the wings in a saucepan, add water and put on fire. After boiling, cook for 30 minutes, periodically taking off the foam.
Then put the prepared barley groats( peeled and washed) in a saucepan. Cook for another half hour.
Add the diced potatoes to the saucepan. Salt the soup.
Cut the chopped onion and grate the carrots in butter and then add to the saucepan. Cook soup for another 5 minutes.to the table of contents ^
Porridge of barley with pork and pumpkin in the pot
- crock of barley - 125 grams;
- pork - 300 grams;
- pumpkin( peeled) - 300 grams;
- carrots - 150 grams;
- tomato paste - 2-3 teaspoons;
- butter - 1 tablespoon.
Cut the meat into small cubes. Tomato paste dissolve in a glass of water, while 1/4 leave, and in the rest of the solution add pepper and salt and briefly marinate in it pork.
Pumpkin and carrots cut into pieces, the size of the same as meat.
Pork to fry in a frying pan until a crust is formed, then add to it a vegetable mixture of pumpkin and carrots, and simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring vigorously.
Afterwards, put meat and vegetables in a pot and fill it with barley.
Pour the whole with broth or boiling water. Water to add a small amount to be seen, but so that the mass while not drowned. Put the salt to taste. The amount of filling the pot with ingredients should be calculated taking into account that the croup will swell during cooking.
Place the dishes in a non-heated oven and heat it to 180 degrees. After 20 minutes add the remaining tomato paste and butter to the pots. Then bake the dish for another 20 minutes.to the table of contents ^
Harm and contraindications to
With moderate application of barley, cereal only benefits. But in some cases it is recommended to abandon it or use with caution.
- Barley is contraindicated in celiac disease due to gluten intolerance( protein gluten).
- When exacerbating certain diseases of the digestive tract, especially the intestines, it is recommended to abandon this cereal. Before use, it is advisable to consult with your doctor.
- Since the calorific value of barley cereals is high, you can eat porridge no more than 2-3 times a week, otherwise it will lead to weight gain. This rule is especially important for patients with diabetes mellitus and people with excessive body weight. Cooking porridge is preferably on the water, adding vegetable oil, combine with vegetables or meat low-fat varieties.