The drug has an active angioprotective effect. The active component of the drug is a synthetic analogue of troxerutin, which has P-vitamin activity.
This substance normalizes the permeability of the walls of the vessels, reduces the fragility of the capillaries, improves microcirculation, lowers the venous stagnation of blood, and also exerts some anti-edematous and anti-inflammatory effect.
Pharmacokinetics of the preparation
After ingestion in the gastrointestinal tract, venorutinol is well absorbed and the maximum concentration of the drug is noted after two hours after taking the tablet in the blood plasma.
The liver metabolizes the substance with the formation of inactive metabolites. The drug is partially excreted in bile and urine.
Indications for use
The drug under consideration is used as:
- systemic topical therapy for the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency accompanied by edema of the legs, pain and with trophic disorders;
- may also be assigned a postoperative period, with post-phlebitis, varicose ulcer, periphlebitis, dermatitis;
- is prescribed to reduce puffiness and leg pain for pregnant women;
- patients suffering from hemorrhoids.
Based on the instructions for use of the capsule, venutinol is used for:
- treatment of venous insufficiency ( chronic) with trophic skin lesions, edema and ulcers of the lower leg;
- varicose ( the drug can be used during pregnancy in the second and third trimester);
- after surgical operations of associated with varicose veins;
- hemorrhoids ;
- surface thrombophlebitis, periflebit, phlebitis, with post-thrombotic and postlephlebitis syndrome ;
- complex treatment of retinopathy diabetic ;
- post-traumatic edema and hematomas ;
- cramps and paresthesia of the legs on waking and at night;
- is used by in the treatment of hemorrhagic diathesis with increased permeability of capillaries, diabetic angiopathy, paresthesias and seizures at night, capillarotoxicosis, and after radiotherapy procedures during treatment of various negative vascular effects.
Gel is used:
- for swelling of limbs and pain, which is caused by chronic venous insufficiency ;
- also after passing sclerosing therapy ;
- for pain and swelling after sports injuries ( stretch marks, ligament damage, muscle contusions).
When to abandon the use of
The use of capsules of the drug is contraindicated when:
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- chronic gastritis, in the phase of exacerbation;
- stomach ulcer;
- duodenal ulcer;
- of lactase deficiency;
- of galactosemia;
- syndrome of malabsorption of glucose-galactose;
- disorders of kidney function;
- to pregnant women during the first trimester of pregnancy;
- for children under 14 years.
The principle of action of
The mechanism of action of venorutinol is based on the stabilization of hyaluronic acid and inhibition of the activity of the enzyme hyaluronidase.
In patients with varicose veins, this drug reduces the feeling of heaviness in the legs and pain, helps reduce venous stagnation and relieves swelling.
Instructions for use
Do not grind or divide the capsule of venorotin before use!
Take an oral capsule followed by a meal. Only the attending physician can prescribe the dose and duration of therapy.
In most cases, 1 capsule is given twice a day, but if the patient's condition is improved, then a supportive regime can be chosen as 1 capsule per day.
If the disease is severe, then the dose of the drug may be increased by the doctor, but in the case where the patient's condition has improved, the patient also passes to a maintenance dose of 1 capsule twice a day.
Those who suffer from tonic cramps at night, the drug is prescribed every day in the form of 1 capsule before bed.
Features of gel application
Venorutinol gel is intended for external use, it must be applied to clean skin with a thin layer on the necessary areas.
Applying the gel, it should be rubbed a little, and in order to increase the effectiveness of the drug, you can even use a very light massage while applying the gel.
It is very important to apply the gel only to a clean body and clean hands! Do not allow the drug to enter the mucous membranes and places with compromised skin integrity.
In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with clean running water.
The course of gel treatment is usually from a week to three weeks.
The medicine is issued in this form:
- Capsules for oral administration. In a cardboard bundle 2 cell packs of 10 capsules.
- gel for external use. In an aluminum tube of 40 grams.
Dosage of the preparation
Capsules should be taken with meals 2 times a day( morning and evening) for 1 capsule. The course of treatment is 3-4 weeks. In severe manifestations of the disease, 3 capsules per day can be given every 8 hours.
If numbness( paresthesia) of the legs, as well as in the treatment of nocturnal seizures, take 1 capsule at night and 1 morning.
The exact dosage of the drug may be prescribed only by your doctor!
Overdose and additional indications
Overdose may cause nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, headache, skin rashes.
Treatment is discontinuation of the drug. If a large overdose may require gastric lavage.
Side effects of
In rare cases, skin allergic reactions to the drug( hives, dermatitis or even eczema) are possible.
Even in more rare cases, there is a headache and ulcerative erosive lesions of the mucous membrane of the digestive system.
In case of any side effects when taking the drug should stop taking and consult with a doctor. If you stop taking the symptoms of side effects will disappear pretty quickly.
No information is available as to whether the drug affects driving.
Our readers recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of varicose veins and hemorrhoids, our readers use the method first voiced by Malysheva. Having carefully studied it, we decided to offer it to your attention. Opinion of doctors. .. "
And how it really is?
Reviews of doctors and patients who took venorotinol.
As my practice showed, Venorothinol copes well with edema in patients, relieves pain, improves the general condition of the extremities. In all this after recovery, patients do not experience a relapse. I recommend this drug to women suffering from varicose veins and phlebitis, as this is the right way to get rid of these diseases!
When the pain in my legs became simply unbearable, and the day's swelling made from my legs a pillow, I went to the doctor, and he prescribed me Venoratinol in the form of a gel.
I used it twice a day and on the third day the swelling was significantly reduced, and the pain was not permanent, but periodic. I put the gel on all my legs: from the heels to the groin.
I can say with confidence that in 2 weeks of such procedures this medicine has completely coped with my problems!
The doctor said that the gel should be rubbed until it completely absorbed into the skin. But since the gel has a very sticky texture, it takes a good effort to rub it.
This is on the one hand minus, but maybe it's for the best, because while I rubbed the gel, I did massage to my legs. But all my efforts were not in vain, now I have practically no problems with swelling of the legs!
Cost of preparation
Packing of capsules of Venorutinol( 20 capsules) costs approximately 200 rubles. Gel - 140-160 rubles.
Store medication in a dry place at a temperature of no higher than 25 degrees Celsius. Shelf life of the gel is 2 years, and capsules - 3 years.
Deprecated by prescription.
How to replace the medicine
Analogues of venorotinol:
- Lyton gel;