Cosmetology branch constantly pleases female representatives with novelties of cosmetics for face and body care. Alginate masks are one of these innovations. At the heart of these masks are salts of alginic acid, which have a rejuvenating, nourishing, moisturizing, whitening, matting and toning effect. After applying alginate masks, the skin is noticeably transformed.
- Useful properties
- Forms masks
- application features
- Professional masks
- Home Recipes
- Mask mummy
- Contraindications and side effects
Alginate masks are considered a unique tool, allowing to improve the skin condition for several procedures. Alginic acid is obtained from red and brown seaweed, it has a rejuvenating effect.
In addition, the use of alginate masks has a lot of other positive properties:
- Recovery of the epidermis, getting rid of traces of acne, acne.
- Acceleration of metabolic processes.
- Anti-inflammatory effect.
- Narrowing of pores.
- Improved complexion.
- Tightening effect, wrinkle smoothing, correction of the face oval.
- Regulation of the processes of skin fat production.
- Humidification and saturation of the skin with nutrients.
- Deep cleaning, elimination of toxins.
- Contribute to the penetration of nutrients into the skin, so before using alginates can be applied to the cleansed skin of oil and whey - so they will work better.
The main property of sodium alginate is hygroscopicity, the ability to retain moisture and thicken the substance. When water is added to the salts of alginic acid, a thick gel-like rubber-like mass forms, which eventually hardens.to the table of contents ^
Alginate masks will suit women of any age with normal, oily, problematic, dry and irritated skin.
These masks will have their useful effect with:
- the appearance of the first wrinkles;
- loss of skin elasticity;
- propensity to fat content and the appearance of acne;
- dryness and peeling;
- the presence of pigmentation and traces of acne;
- is an inflammation.
Types of masks
The main active components of masks are sodium alginate and diatomite. Depending on the desired therapeutic effect, these basic ingredients are supplemented with other substances to enhance efficacy.
Therefore, the following types of alginate masks can be found on sale:
- The classic is the basic recipe in which sodium alginate and mineral water or a special serum are mixed.
- Collagen is a basic composition with the addition of collagen. The purpose of such masks is wrestling with wrinkles, lifting the face oval.
- Moisturizing - thanks to the addition of chitosan( an amino acid sugar extracted from the shells of a family of crustaceans) has a powerful moisturizing effect. Ideal for dry skin types, with irritation and flaking.
- With the addition of ascorbic acid - perfectly bleaches, brightens pigmented spots, gives the face a fresh look, smooths the network of fine wrinkles.
- With the addition of herbal components, ( aloe, green tea, chamomile) - provides anti-inflammatory, softening, cleansing action.
Features of application
To get the most effective result from the use of alginate face mask, you need to know how to use it correctly.
It is important to follow the correct sequence when using such masks:
- Skin preparation .First you should cleanse your face well. After the eyebrow, apply the cream fatter, it is done so that the mask does not stick to them. Then apply the active serum on the skin, the action of which will be enhanced with a mask.
- Preparation of the formulation.
To properly dilute the alginate mask, pour dry composition with mineral water in a 1: 1 ratio and stir until complete homogeneity. Must get a thick mass.
- Applying the mask .
Apply an alginate mask on your face with a spatula and fingers - to whom it is more convenient. The main thing is to apply the composition quickly, following the massage lines. Alginate mask can be applied even on the eye area. After applying, you need to lie down and relax.
- Exposure of .It will take about 5-8 minutes to solidify the composition. But on every professional means it is indicated how much it is necessary to keep the alginate mask on the face. On average, the total duration of the procedure is 25-30 minutes. The mask should strongly tighten the face.
- Removing the mask .
When removing the alginate mask from the face of difficulties should arise. This is done in one motion, pulling the mask up, starting with the chin. After removing the skin, it is desirable to wipe with a tonic without alcohol, and moisten with cream.
Their choice is huge, so everyone can choose the right option.
- Anskin .Masks are affordable, very economical. In the range of masks with pearl powder, charcoal, mint, collagen.
- ChocoLatte .Collagen alginate face mask is ideal for aging skin, contains marine collagen, which quickly restores skin elasticity and healthy appearance.
- Faberlic .The compression alginate face mask is aimed at moisturizing, rejuvenating, relieving inflammation. Its feature - the composition is completely ready, it just needs to be squeezed out of the tuba and immediately applied.
- Franco Baroni .One of the most popular Korean alginate masks, practically has no negative reviews. The assortment is diverse - masks with the addition of pearls, aloe, olives, green clay, chlorella will help get rid of skin problems and restore its beauty.
- Green Matrix .Gold alginate face mask has a nanogold in the molecule, due to which it has an excellent lifting effect.
- LIBREDERM .Seboreguliruyuschaya alginate mask is able to quickly improve the condition of the problem skin.
- SHARY .Modeling alginate mask Collagen +, which can be used for the face, neck and décolleté area. You can buy the mask in small bags for one-time use.
- Teana .Masks are presented in a wide range - for cleansing, moisturizing, bleaching, rejuvenating.
- Litoral .These alginate masks can achieve an impressive effect without going to the beauty salon. In the range you can find the right composition for any type of skin.
Among the French alginate facial masks, cosmetologists stand out brands: Algo Light, Beauty Professional, Bio Nature.to table of contents ^
For the preparation of alginate masks at home, you need to buy the main active ingredient in the pharmacy - sodium alginate.
Auxiliary components must be selected depending on the desired result:
- Mumiye will help get rid of the post-acne.
- Chamomile will relieve inflammation and soothe the skin.
- Pearl powder will improve the complexion. The nutmeg well scrapes the skin.
- Bilberry extract whitens freckles and pigmented spots.
- Laminaria powder helps reduce wrinkles.
- Shiitake mushroom powder improves the condition of oily skin, removes comedones.
- Argan oil nourishes the skin.
Mix 2 grams of sodium alginate with 25 milliliters of water. Then add 5 grams of kaolin and the ampoule of calcium chloride. Mix, apply to cleansed skin. Keep for 20-30 minutes.to contents ^
Add alginate with water in a 1:10 ratio. Add 7-8 drops of argan oil and ampoule of calcium chloride. Mix, apply on the skin, soak for 20-30 minutes.to contents ^
Mask with mummy
Soak 2 grams of sodium alginate in mineral water( 25-30 milliliters).Dilute 2 tablets mummy in 10 milliliters of warm water. Mix everything up to homogeneity. Pour into the mixture ampoule of calcium chloride. Apply quickly on face and leave for 30 minutes. The mask has an anti-inflammatory and matting effect.to table of contents ^
Soak alginate with water in proportion( 1:10).Add 0.2 grams of allantoin and 2 milliliters of argan oil and Botamix plant moisturizing complex. Mix well, apply to the skin. Hold for 20 minutes.to contents ^
Soak alginate in water( 1:10).Separately mix 6 grams of kelp powder, 15 grams of blue clay and 60 milliliters of water. Then pour the ampoule of calcium chloride. Stir, apply quickly on the skin, keep for 20-25 minutes. The mask rejuvenates, tones up, relieves swelling.to contents ^
Mix alginate with water( 1:10).You can use hydrolates instead of water. Add 6 grams of pearl powder and Moroccan clay( figured).Mix until uniform, apply to the skin. Keep at least 15 minutes.to table of contents ^
Mix alginate with water( 1:10).Separately, mix 5 grams of kaolin, 2 grams of shiitake powder, 25 milliliters of water. Combine all the ingredients and fill with a vial of calcium chloride. Stir, quickly apply to the skin and hold for 25 minutes. The mask removes inflammation, narrows the pores, matiruet.to table of contents ^
Contraindications and side effects of
Sodium alginate is hypoallergenic and does not cause irritation, therefore, masks based on it have practically no side effects. However, people prone to allergies to seaweed, before using these masks, you need to test for sensitivity - apply a little composition on your wrist and wait a couple of hours. If there is no redness or rash - the mask can be applied to the face safely.
Alginate masks should be avoided when:
- chronic skin diseases - eczema, dermatitis, demodicosis;
- the presence of open lesions, wounds.
- oncological diseases and suspicion of them.