Proteins refer to complex organic compounds, which consist of amino acids, including both interchangeable and irreplaceable( lysine, threonine, tryptophan and others).The latter are not synthesized in the human body, they can only be obtained with food. Depending on the individual characteristics of the body and body weight, each has a different protein requirement.
- value protein foods
- Protein of animal origin
- vegetable protein
- Soybeans and other legumes
- Vegetables and greens
- Dried fruits
Meaning of protein food
Protein is one of the main components necessary for normal functioning of the body. It consists not only of muscle tissue, it is part of bones, tendons, muscles, skin, nail plates, hair and all internal organs.
It participates in various chemical reactions and exchange processes, while performing a huge number of functions: protective, structural, contractile, transport and others. Also with their help, fermentation, biosynthesis and decomposition of various substances takes place.
This is very important, so for the body is harmful both the lack and the excess of this component. Excess protein can provoke the development of liver, kidney and diabetes. Its deficiency reduces the overall tone, reduces muscle mass, depletes all organs of the body, resulting in premature aging.
Since a certain part of the protein must enter the body from the outside, the proper selection of protein food is of great importance in this case. It is the main source of 9 essential amino acids, without which a normal human life is impossible.
Since they do not have the ability to accumulate in the body, the full intake of protein should be daily. Particularly important is the sufficient amount of protein food for pregnant and lactating women, as well as children.
Protein of animal origin
Animal protein is more valuable than vegetable. It is whole, that is, it contains a full complex of amino acids. With a normal diet, it should be 40% of all food consumed per day.to contents ^
Almost all types of meat contain a large amount of protein, a huge number of useful substances, including zinc, iron, phosphorus and B vitamins. The disadvantages of meat include the fact that it contains "bad" cholesteroland fats. If you regularly exceed the permissible daily intake of its consumption, then there is a risk of cardiovascular diseases, obesity and other health problems.
In order to properly formulate your diet you should know about the properties of different types of meat and the amount of protein in 100 grams of the finished product:
- Beef ( protein - 18 grams).The most useful is boiled low-fat beef, as it is very well absorbed. It is considered dietary meat, which is recommended to eat no more than 3 times a week. This will help saturate the body not only with proteins, but also with beneficial substances, as well as improving hemopoiesis.
- Chicken ( protein - 24 grams).Chicken meat is recommended to cook on steamed or baked in foil. In this case, it will retain the greatest amount of vitamins, macro- and microelements. Regular use of this type of meat will serve as a preventive measure of atherosclerosis, polyarthritis, diabetes, heart attack and stroke. It will be useful such protein food in pancreatitis.
- Turkey ( protein - 25.5 grams).Dietary turkey meat is low-calorie and contains a small amount of cholesterol. By the content of useful elements, it exceeds other types of meat. Nutritionists recommend to include boiled turkey in the menu of children, pregnant and lactating women to saturate the body with vitamins and minerals. Elderly people use it to keep the mind clear. Also, this meat is considered a good protein food for diabetics.
- Rabbit ( protein - 22 grams).Rabbit has a number of useful properties. It contains a huge number of components that heal the body, purify it of toxic and radioactive substances and prevent many diseases. The rabbit protein is absorbed almost completely, while from other types of meat it is only 60%.This type of meat, like low-fat protein food, is well suited for weight loss.
Other popular meats contain less protein per 100 grams of product:
- Pork - 19 grams;
- Lamb, duck, goose - 16 grams.
Beef, pork and mutton by-products contain an equal amount of protein. They contain a small amount of fat, so they are well suited as a protein food for diets.
The most valuable of them are:
- Liver - 18 grams;
- Tripe - 16 grams;
- Heart - 15 grams;
- Lightweight - 15 grams;
- Language - 14 grams;
- Kidneys - 13 grams.
Unlike some types of meat, offal is easily digested. In addition to protein, a large number of vitamins and minerals, they contain a sufficient amount of collagen. Therefore, they are often included in the menu of various therapeutic diets.back to contents ^
It is difficult to say how much protein is contained in a sausage product, because at present their composition is very diverse. It can be noted only that sausages cooked in accordance with the established quality requirements should contain the following amount of protein in 100 grams of the product:
- Boiled - 10-15 grams;Smoked sausage, smoked - 15-17 grams;
- Semi-smoked, boiled-smoked - 13-16 grams;
- Sour-fried - 17-21 grams.
Sausages can not be attributed to useful dietary products, so they should be eaten in moderation, and in case of health problems only after the approval of a nutritionist.to contents ^
Is an excellent source of animal protein. The most useful is fatty fish, which contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals. These substances are necessary to maintain the normal functioning of the body. The fish protein is much easier to digest than the one found in meat.
- Freshwater fish ( protein - 12-21 grams).Some species of river fish have juicy and tender meat, but in terms of the amount of protein and nutrients are inferior to marine species. The most valuable river representatives include: burbot, carp, pike, river trout, sterlet, pike perch and carp.
- Sea fish ( protein - 15-23 grams).Contains a little more protein than the river, it is enriched with iodine, selenium and polyunsaturated fatty acids( Omega-3, Omega-6).It is these substances that contribute to the strengthening of the cardiovascular system, normalize blood pressure, remove inflammatory processes and block the growth of neoplasms. Therefore, you should regularly include in the diet dishes from tuna, sardines, herring, mackerel, salmon and sturgeon.
Some seafood contain as much protein as fish. In addition, they are not inferior to it in terms of the number of valuable substances, and accordingly bring an equivalent benefit to the body. Seafood with the highest protein content per 100 grams of product can be attributed to:
- Shrimp - 21 grams;
- Lobster, squid - 19 grams;
- Scallops, lobsters - 18 grams;
- Krill - 17 grams;
- Crabs - 16 grams;
- Octopus - 14 grams;
- Mussels - 12 grams;
- Trepang - 11 grams.
Egg( protein - 13 grams).Chicken and quail eggs are a natural source of protein, and the yolk contains vitally important vitamins, macro and microelements. The product promotes the removal of excess fats and cholesterol from the body.
Eggs strengthen the heart muscle and bone tissue, restore the structure of hair and nails. In addition, their use gives a powerful charge of energy. Experts recommend eating 1 egg daily or several times 2-3 times a week.to contents ^
Milk products contain whey proteins and casein. Whey proteins are very quickly and easily digested, instantly saturating the body with useful substances. Casein, on the contrary, is digested for at least 6 hours, which allows you to create a lasting feeling of satiety. This is especially important when losing weight.
The greatest amount of milk protein per 100 grams is found in the following products:
- Solid cheeses - 20-38 grams;
- Brynza - 15-18 grams;
- Curd - 14-18.
In other common dairy products( milk, kefir, sour cream, curdled milk, yogurt) contain a small amount of protein from 2 to 5 grams.to contents ^
Protein of plant origin
The vegetable protein, as a rule, does not contain all the required amino acids, therefore it is not as valuable as the animal. It can be attributed to lean protein foods.to contents ^
Soy and other legumes
All legumes contain vegetable protein, nutrients and a small amount of fat. Their use reduces the level of blood pressure and cholesterol in the blood, regulates the work of the intestine. In the fresh form of protein in these cultures a little, its amount increases after they are dried.
If we consider the content of this substance in 100 grams of dried product, then its mass will be as follows:
- Soya - 37 grams;
- Lentils - 34 grams;
- Mash - 23.5 grams;
- Beans - 21 grams;
- Peas - 20.5 grams.
Flour also contains vegetable protein, but only in smaller quantities. In this case, most of this substance, as well as vitamins, and minerals, will be in low grades of this product. This is due to the fact that they contain a part of the grain shell, which contains useful components. For 100 grams of product, the following amount of protein is required:
- Wheat flour - 10-12 grams;
- Rye flour - 7-11 grams.
Cereals must be present in the daily ration. Garnish and other dishes made from them, have a beneficial effect on the digestive system. Particularly useful ones will be those in which the shell of grain crops is preserved. Ratio of protein per 100 grams of product:
- Buckwheat - 12.6 grams;
- Wheat - 11.5 grams;
- Oatmeal - 11 grams;
- Barley, barley - 10 grams;
- Pearl barrel - 9.5 grams;
- Corn - 8.5 grams;
- Rice - 7,5 grams.
Often people who have experienced serious illnesses or surgeries use this protein food to gain weight.to the table of contents ^
Vegetables and greens
In the usual vegetables( tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants and others), very little vegetable protein is contained from 0.5 to 2 grams per 100 grams of fresh product. The protein leaders in this category include:
- Garlic - 6.5 grams;
- Brussels sprouts - 4.8 grams;
- Broccoli - 3,5 grams;
- Spinach - 3 grams;
- Kohlrabi - 2.8 grams;
- Potatoes - 2.4 grams.
From greens, preference should be given to:
- Basilica - 5.5 grams;
- Parsley - 3.7 grams;
- Kinze - 3 grams;Dill - 2.5 grams.
Are quite useful, but with a fatty product. Therefore, one should not eat them more than the daily rate. Moderate consumption of nuts enriches the body with useful substances, cleans from toxins and toxins, strengthens various organs and systems, and also creates a feeling of saturation for several hours.
The most useful and rich protein is the following:
- Cashew ( protein - 26 grams).Contain the least amount of fat from all the others and are hypoallergenic. Its rich chemical composition makes it possible to use it as an additional component in the treatment of skin and cold diseases, anemia, impotence. It strengthens the nervous and immune system, removes some pain syndromes;
- Pistachios ( protein - 20 grams).Carry out cholesterol from the body, burn fats, normalize the activity of the gastrointestinal tract and liver, help strengthen the teeth and improve the oral cavity as a whole, restore the nervous system after suffering stressful and depressive conditions;
- Almond ( protein - 18.5 grams).Possesses anesthetizing and healing properties. The use of almond kernels normalizes sleep, relieves headache, improves eyesight and helps in the fight against parasites;
- Walnut ( protein - 15 grams).They accelerate metabolism, relieve inflammatory processes in the body, reduce blood pressure, normalize the activity of the nervous system and brain, strengthen bone tissue and immunity;
- Hazelnut ( protein - 15 grams).Has cleansing, diuretic and strengthening properties. It is used in the treatment of anemia, exhaustion and metabolic disorders;
- Brazil nut ( protein - 14 grams).Strengthens the cardiovascular and immune system, prevents the appearance of tumors;
- Pecan ( protein - 9 grams).This is the most fatty nut. It has antioxidant properties, increases appetite, improves digestion, prevents the development of diabetes.
Despite the high calorie and fat content, with the right approach, nuts can become protein food for weight loss.to contents ^
Although they contain a small amount of protein, due to the chemical composition of this product, its regular use renders the body tonic and antioxidant, energizes, helps prevent premature aging and maintains a good memory for a long time.
All seaweeds have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic effects. Their use contributes to the removal of various kinds of inflammation.
If we consider the product in a dried form, then in 100 grams there will be a sufficiently large mass of protein:
- Laminaria( sea kale), spirulina - 90 grams;
- Ulva( sea salad), bubbly fusiform - 70 grams;
- Porphyry( red sea salad), litotamnia - 60 grams.
Have a balanced chemical composition, but their protein is digested by no more than 70%.They are quite difficult to digest product. Doctors recommend eating them in moderation, especially people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
In some cases, mushrooms can be replaced with a mushroom powder, which is prepared from dried mushrooms. In this case, there will be no problems with digestion, and the protein will be assimilated by 90%.Fresh mushrooms contain a small amount of protein per 100 grams of the product:
- Champignons - 4.3 grams;
- White fungus - 4 grams;
- Oils - 3,4 grams;
- Podisinoviki - 3.3 grams;
- Truffles - 3 grams;
- Shakes - 1,8 grams;
- Chanterelles - 1.6 grams;
- Opyata - 1.2 grams.
With proper use, these are quite useful sweets. They have a very rich vitamin and mineral composition. Due to this they contribute to the normalization of the activity of all the systems and organs of the body, saturate it with useful substances, improve the condition of the skin, hair and nails and are the prevention of various diseases.
The protein content in dried fruits is not large, per 100 grams of the product is:
- Dried bananas - 45 grams;
- Dried apricots - 5 grams;
- Figs - 3 grams;
- Prunes, pear - 2.5 grams;
- Dates, raisins - 1,8 grams.
Useful substances contained in seeds, beneficial effect on the body as a whole, strengthening it and increasing overall tone. With their help, you can prevent the development of many diseases. By the amount of protein they all surpass any meat and fish products:
- Pumpkin - 29 grams;
- Sesame - 25 grams;
- Sunflower - 20.3 grams;
- Linen - 15 grams.
Sunflower seeds are a high-calorie product, so do not get carried away by them. It is better to add them to culinary dishes and pastries.
All of the above products can be listed in the protein food for muscle growth.