Eyes are one of the most important sensory organs of a person. Thanks to the sight, we can study the world around us and enjoy its beauties.
But with age or for reasons of development of many diseases, problems with the eyes begin. Modern medicine has many tools for restoring vision: medicines, in a number of which drops, as well as operational activities.
In most cases, you can solve the problem with vision by going through a course of treatment prescribed by a doctor with medications. The main thing is to determine the correct diagnosis of the patient.
There are a lot of eye diseases that a person encounters, so drops have different actions.
The common thing is that the drops are aimed at fighting certain eye problems. Their constituent substances penetrate into various parts of the eyeball, easily overcoming the outer shell of the eye, to work on the problem deep inside.
In this article we will discuss vasoconstrictor drops for the eyes.
- 1. Which problems are used by
- 2. List of the most popular eye drops
- 3. Some tips for choosing the right drops
- 4. Recommendations for using
- 5. Conclusion
- 6. Video
What problems are used for
There are many reasons why eyes can blush. Redness indicates the expansion of blood vessels. Before applying any drops, you should find out the true cause of redness, otherwise you can start the disease and significantly complicate the existing symptoms. Here are the main factors that disrupt the normal operation of the eye:
- Active eye strain. This applies to those who spend a lot of time at the computer or read into the working documentation for a long time up to 6-7 hours.
- Poor environmental conditions , especially in large cities, where there is a lot of smog, dust, exhausts and other irritating factors.
- Allergy to any irritating factor, with the eyes also blushing. In this case, you need to look for the cause of the allergy and after consulting with the doctor apply eye drops.
- Cold or dry climate t also can cause enlargement of the vessels of the eyes.
- Incorrect wearing of contact lenses also causes eye problems.
- There are a number of diseases not related to eye problems, when one of the symptoms is redness: cold, diabetes .Therefore, it is absolutely necessary to undergo a survey.
- Any damage to the cornea of the eye , also one of the symptoms indicative of the problem is redness.
- The disease of the system as a whole, can also be reflected in the eyes.
In addition, eye redness and fatigue can be one of the signs of serious eye diseases such as glaucoma, blepharitis, conjunctivitis, etc. Together with redness, other symptoms may appear: itching, burning, flies or blurred vision.
Many people whose work is directly related to eye strain, such as office workers or welders, recommend the regular use of eye drops for prevention.
Tip: Of course, some eye drops can be used on their own without a prescription, but it is better to consult a doctor beforehand. Perhaps your problem with red eyes is much deeper than usual fatigue.
List of the most popular eye drops
There are a lot of eye drops in the pharmacy that help to narrow the eye vessels and remove redness. But they should be selected by carefully studying the constituent properties prescribed in the instructions.
In vasoconstrictive drops for the eyes, the main component helping to bring the blood vessels back to normal is phenylephrine. Here is the list of the most common eye drops:
The drug effectively relieves redness and swelling of the eyes, but has a number of side effects, including addictive. Therefore, it should be applied no more than 4 days three times a day.
Of course, it is contraindicated in children and pregnant women, as well as patients with pressure drops. Depending on the composition, the price of the drug varies from 300-500 ruble and
Drops quickly remove red eyes, the effect of constriction of the vessels is visible after a couple of minutes. And thanks to antiseptic components in the composition are often used to treat conjunctivitis.
Apply this drug 2 times a day, if even after a couple of days there is no improvement, then it is necessary to stop using it and consult a doctor. Its price 300 rubles , depending on the location of the pharmacy the cost may vary
Rapidly and effectively narrows the eye vessels even if redness is caused by an allergic reaction or mechanical action. Use it can be no more than 3 times a day. Like Vizin, this drug is addictive, so its long-term use is not recommended.
Another side effect is the dilatation of the pupil with the components of the drug, so you can not drive, and working with a computer or papers will be much more difficult. Its cost is up to 30 rubles.
The effectiveness of these drops in a deep effect on the cause of redness. It is often prescribed to patients with age-related changes in vision, for moisturizing the eyes or for a computer syndrome. Also, the drug is often used in conjunction with other restorative drugs.
It strengthens their impact. Dosage and duration of treatment depends on the causes of vasodilation and is appointed individually by the doctor. The price of the medicine 500 rubles , depends on the location of the pharmacy network
This drug has a complex effect: relieves edema, allergic redness and inflammation of the eyes. It can not be used for more than 3 days, if there is no effect, then it is worth turning to an ophthalmologist.
In a number of side effects: itching, burning, reducing visual acuity. Therefore, it is forbidden to use it for pregnant women, children and people with diabetes. Price of these eye drops from 180 rubles
This remedy is mainly aimed at getting rid of redness caused by an allergic reaction. There are practically no side effects, so it can be used up to several weeks, depending on the doctor's recommendations.
After instillation, there may be unpleasant sensations for a while. The cost of the preparation from 180-250 rubles
Important: No drug should be used without careful study of the composition and especially those items in the instruction that describes the side effects. Consultation of the doctor is obligatory.
Some tips for choosing the right drops
To not be mistaken with the choice of effective eye drops, you should study their composition. And then you can look for analogues of the medicine prescribed by your doctor.
Most doctors prescribe expensive drugs, promoting advertising.
So if you want to save in the price, and do not lose in quality, you should study the various drugs yourself.
For your own health, it's worth spending time. After all, there are times when your body may not correctly respond to the drug, or not give an effect at all.
For the quality of drugs recommend Japanese, European or American counterparts. In the eastern countries the quality is much lower. Choosing an analogue of the drug, carefully study the composition, because many pharmacies offer in the form of an analogue drugs related to a single pharmacological group.
Although doctors do not recommend changing the drug prescribed to you by a specialist. So if you trust a doctor who advises you, then follow his advice, no, talk to another doctor.
You should closely monitor the reaction of your eyes to drops. Possible allergic reactions occur within an hour after application. Symptoms can be not only on the eye, there is a general reaction in the form of a runny nose or a rash on the body.
With regard to reviews about the drug, should they be taken into account when choosing eye drops? It is difficult to answer this question, because the reaction of each organism to a particular drug is individual. The medicine can help 10 people, but to harm one or vice versa. Perhaps the constituent element of the drug will cause you an allergy, so a specialist's consultation is mandatory.
Recommendations for use
The main rules to be followed during the application of eye drops:
- The medications prescribed by the doctor should be used. After all, he recommends them, based on a preliminary examination. In case of an undesirable reaction in the form of an allergy, the responsibility lies with the doctor, and he is already looking for another suitable preparation, excluding the allergen from it.
- If you use a set of drugs. That it is necessary to do the certain by the doctor breaks between instillation, that the previous medicine has worked. Often, the doctor will prescribe medication in strict sequence for effectiveness.
- If you have serious eye diseases, then in case there are no prescribed drops in the pharmacy, do not buy the drug on the advice of a pharmacist. It is better to consult a doctor and pick up another drug or go to another pharmacy.
- Observe the recommendations for the storage of drops, especially in the open form, their shelf life is significantly reduced. And you can not use an overdue product.
- Before using the medication, wash your hands thoroughly so as not to infect another infection.
- Before instillation, the droplets should be heated to the temperature of the human body. Thus, the constituents of the drug substance are better absorbed.
- If the patient wears contact lenses, they must be removed before applying the product to the eyes. To put on again lenses it is possible later 20 minutes after application of last preparation if complex treatment is used.
- Strictly forbidden to use someone else's drops, if you do not want to enter another infection. Eye drops are an individual hygienic remedy for a particular person, so do not give your own drops either.
By following these tips, you can protect and quickly restore your eyesight. The eyes are extremely sensitive and require careful care.
The use of any vasoconstrictor is strictly individual. Do not use the drug yourself, guided by the advice of friends or advertising. Any medicine has its own composition, aimed at combating certain problems.
And not knowing what is the real reason for the expansion of the eye vessels, specifically you, you can only exacerbate the problem. Great and the likelihood of developing other eye diseases.
You can apply vitamin drops that will help maintain the health of your eyes. For the timely detection of diseases should be regularly examined by an ophthalmologist. Take care of your health!
The video shows how to properly instill drops into the eyes: