Cranberry jam is a proven remedy for colds and flu, but this berry can be used in many other cases. Depending on how it is processed and in what form it can be stored, it can become a product for treating problem skin, a cure for digestive problems and an effective folk remedy for preventing avitaminosis. If you know the contraindications and follow the recipes exactly, then the cranberry will only benefit.
- chemical composition
- Useful properties
- therapeutic use
- cold When angina
- To strengthen
- immunity In psoriasis
- At locks
- When toxicosis
- avitaminosis Hypertension
- In cosmetic
- Mask from greasy shine
- Express means for acne
- Ice for skin tone
- In culinary
- Sauce for meat
- Harvesting and storing
- Harm and contraindications
Cranberry contains a lot of vitamins, minerals and useful acids:
- vitamins B( B1, B2, B6 and B9);
- vitamins C, E and K;
- nicotinic acid( vitamin PP);
- quinoline and benzoic acid.
There are 3 main types of cranberries:
- is large-fruited.
Cranberry is a species common in Eurasia and North America, it is usually collected by Russians in swamps, bought in stores and markets. Most often it is used in the manufacture of various canned foods, sweets and medicines. It has medium and large size, can be collected in green, and then ripen in a dark place.
Cranberries small-fruited also spread on the Eurasian continent, but it is distinguished by smaller fruits and leaves. Large-fruited species is found exclusively on the eastern coast of the United States, therefore in Russia it is represented only as an imported commodity.
Cranberries, which were collected on real marshes, and then brought to the collection point of berries, will have the maximum benefit, when it is processed, all the necessary quality checks are made.
When berries are harvested on an industrial scale in Europe, it also grows in the forest, but when harvesting the territory is flooded, a slight berry comes off the stem and floats up. Then it is caught and dried. This berry can also cope with various colds, but this method of harvesting can have a detrimental effect on the territory of cranberry growing.
Useful properties of
Depending on the kind of berries used, it can bring the following benefits to the body:
- Prevention of cancer( this is one of the useful properties of cranberry leaves).
- Helps strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- Dilutes the blood.
- During pregnancy helps normal metabolism between the fetus and the body of a woman.
- Cranberry tea is beneficial and helpful in the treatment of urinary tract infections.
- Reducing cholesterol in the blood.
- Help in the recovery of the body after long-term illnesses( one of the beneficial properties of cranberry morse).
- Prevention of the formation of kidney stones.
- Treatment of gum disease, control of bleeding.
- Useful properties of cranberry juice are associated with improved metabolism.
- Control of constipation, normalization of the intestine.
- Increasing the tone of the whole body, fighting depression.
- Strengthening the immunity( a useful property of cranberries with honey).
- Treatment of psoriasis.
- High nutritional value for a quick snack is a useful property of dried cranberries.
- Combating increased skin fat formation.
- Cranberry with sugar has antipyretic properties.
- Useful properties of cranberries for colds and flu are also known for many centuries.
- Helps to stabilize the condition of people with diabetes, reduces blood sugar in those who are prone to the acquired type of this disease( useful properties and contraindications for cranberries in diabetes are well studied by doctors).
- Treats gastritis and ulcers with a decreased acidity of the stomach.
- With hypertension, the cranberry lowers blood pressure, improving the person's condition.
Recipes for application ofto table of contents ^
For therapeutic purposesto contents ^
A useful property of cranberries for children is that it helps to knock down heat and cope with the flu without forcing the babythis drink tasteless syrups. To overcome the disease, during the day, drink 3 cups of tea with 2 teaspoons of cranberry jam, and children under 7 years - no more than 2 cups a day.
In this jam can be grown not in tea, but in ordinary hot water. If the disease proceeds in mild form, then after 3 days of the use of such a medicinal drink there will be noticeable improvements.to contents ^
With sore throat
Several times a day gargle with cranberry juice.to contents ^
To strengthen the immunity of
- cranberries - 1 glass;
- vodka - 1 glass.
A berry to fall asleep in a glass bottle with a thick neck or in a small jar, pour vodka and send it to the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Tincture on cranberries should be taken 1 teaspoon per day. The same prescription is able to cure cystitis and help you recover faster with a cold.to the table of contents ^
You can restore the skin to psoriasis with cranberry juice. It is regularly squeezed out of fresh or frozen cranberries, and they are smeared with affected areas of the skin. The first improvements will appear in 3 days. If the disease is not caused by psychosomatic processes, then after 2 months of using this product, you can say goodbye to the problem.
The berry is rich in fiber, so it helps to normalize digestion and fight with constipation. If you include 1 tablespoon of dried cranberries in your daily diet, you can forget about constipation forever.to table of contents ^
- sage, calendula, peppermint, plantain, chamomile, St. John's wort - 1 tablespoon;
- cranberries - 2 tablespoons;
- water - 1 liter.
Mix the herb collection with cranberry fruits and pour boiling water. Infuse before cooling down. Before drinking, strain and take 1 glass a half an hour before meals. It calms the stomach, normalizes its work.to table of contents ^
- cranberries - 2 cups;
- sugar - 1 cup;
- water - 1 glass.
Cranberry crushed in puree, and then strain the juice. Combine it with water and sugar, bring the mixture to a boil and lightly boil until the sugar completely dissolves. Ready syrup stored in the refrigerator and take 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day. Use as an aid in the treatment and prevention of cystitis.
Useful properties of the cranberry syrup are not limited to this: it can be used in winter and spring for the prevention of avitaminosis, and also during the cold.to table of contents ^
A well-known useful property of cranberry during pregnancy is that the berry helps a woman cope with toxicosis. For this it is enough to eat several sour berries during nausea attacks. But this method is not suitable in the case when a woman suffers from low blood pressure, otherwise the future child can be harmed.to the table of contents ^
When deficiency of nutrients in the body is recommended to drink compote from cranberries.to the table of contents ^
People suffering from high blood pressure, daily consumed 2-3 tablespoons of cranberries. If desired, the berries can be crushed with a blender and mixed with honey to taste.to table of contents ^
Useful properties of cranberries in cosmetics are widely used in the manufacture of various creams and face masks.to table of contents ^
Mask from greasy sheen
- cranberries - 2 teaspoons;
- egg white - 1 piece;
- oat flour - for consistency;
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon.
Cranberry grind in mashed potatoes or chop, mix with protein and lemon juice. Then add as much flour as possible to get a consistency of thick sour cream. Apply the mixture to cleansed face and leave for 15 minutes. After the procedure, it is better not to apply the cream.to table of contents ^
Express remedy for acne
- cranberries - 1 glass;
- vodka - 1 glass.
Berry to fall asleep in a glass bottle with a thick neck or in a small jar, pour vodka and send it to the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Then use pointwise for rashes on the face and body, do it better with a cotton swab.to the table of contents ^
Ice for skin tone
Ingredients: cranberries - 1 glass.
The berries must be mashed or mashed using a blender. Then squeeze the juice carefully through the cheesecloth and pour into ice molds. If desired, the juice can be diluted in half with water. Cubes used in the morning as a means for washing. Cranberry nourishes and dries the skin, and low temperature promotes good circulation and increases tone.to table of contents ^
In culinaryto table of contents ^
- cranberries( fresh or frozen) - 500 grams;
- water - 1 liter;
- sugar - 3 tablespoons;
- starch - 1 tablespoon with a slide.
Berries fill with water, add sugar and put on fire. After the compote boils, it can be whipped with a blender or slightly suppressed berries with a spoon. At this time in 100 milliliters of cold water dilute potato starch, add to the pan and mix thoroughly. The mixture should again be put on the fire, stirring constantly and slightly not bringing to a boil, remove. Kissel is ready for use.to contents ^
- egg white - 10 grams;
- sugar - 400 grams;
- cranberries( fresh or frozen) - 300 grams;
- water - 60 milliliters;
- agar-agar - 3 grams.
Chop the cranberries with a blender or sieve, send to a pan and simmer a little. Then add 250 grams of sugar, stir and allow to cool. After that, in a separate pan, dissolve the water and agar-agar, bring to a boil and add the remaining sugar. Stir the mixture until completely dissolved, and then remove from heat.
While the syrup will cool down for 5-7 minutes, egg white is put in cranberry puree, and then mix the mixture at the maximum speed of the mixer until it turns pink. Then they take in their hands the usual halo and slightly pour in the slightly cooled syrup so that it can well grasp and mix with the mashed potatoes. The mixture is poured into a silicone mold and left for 8 hours. Then cut into small blocks - the pastille is ready.to contents ^
Sauce for meat
- cranberry fresh - 3 glasses of 200 ml;
- orange - 1 piece;
- sugar - 1 cup;
- red semi-dry wine - 100 milliliters.
Orange peel should be rubbed on a fine grater, and squeezed out the pulp from the pulp and drain. All ingredients are placed in a saucepan or a saucepan with a thick bottom. The hob is turned on at an average temperature, and the mixture is constantly stirred to prevent it from sticking. After the berry becomes soft and the sauce thickens, it can be removed from the fire.
To ensure that large bones do not come across during meals, it is best to grind the sauce with a blender in a puree or to grind it through a fine sieve. It fits perfectly with all kinds of meat.to contents ^
Procurement and storage of
Cranberries can be stored in the following types:
- fresh in the refrigerator;
- frozen in the freezer;
- processed into juice, rolled in glass jars;
- as a jam with sugar;
- as a tincture on alcohol, vodka or cognac;
- in the form of mashed berries with honey( raw in cans);
- dried and dried.
Harvest cranberries from the end of August, but the season depends on the region. Many collect it still green. Such cranberries are spread on cotton cloth in a dark place and allow to lie for 1-2 weeks, so that the berry ripens. After that, it should be washed, cleaned and cooked in the most suitable way for yourself.
Frozen cranberries are useful in fresh berries in full only when the frost was shock, that is fast. If there is no such function in the refrigerator, then it is best to roll the home berry in the form of jam, but you can buy cranberries from the store in frozen form all year round. In production, the shock method of freezing is used.to table of contents ^
Harm and contraindications to
Cranberries should not be consumed in excessively large quantities, and also in the presence of a number of the following diseases and health problems:
- increased gastric acidity;
- individual intolerance( there are people with an allergy to this berry);
- cranberries can wash away salt from the body, so to maintain balance during long-term use, you should drink mineral water;
- diseases of the liver and gallbladder, especially during the period of exacerbation;
- thin tooth enamel and sensitive teeth;
- gently use cranberries to hypotension.