The development of new polymeric materials has made it possible to create a model range toothbrushes with silicone bristles.
They compare favorably with products with natural or nylon bristles, as they are hypoallergenic and their surface is easy to clean.
In addition, the elasticity of the material has led to the creation of new models of silicone toothbrushes, not only for adults, but also for children from 6 months of age.
- Features and Benefits of Silicone Bristle Products
- BABY TEAM
- Jack N 'Jill
Features and Benefits of Silicone Bristle Products
A silicone toothbrush has several advantages when compared to natural or synthetic bristle options. Since in the first case, an increased accumulation of pathogenic microflora occurs on the surface of the villi, and products with nylon thread (synthetic) can injure the soft tissues of the gums.
There are the following advantages of silicone brushes:
- Due to the softness of the bristles, there is no damage to the surface enamel and soft tissues of the oral cavity.
- People suffering from diseases with bleeding gums (gingivitis or periodontitis) prefer these silicone options.
- There is a grooved part on the back surface of the head, which makes it possible cleansing of the tongue.
- Silicone lends itself well to processing (it is allowed to boil), does not include hazardous chemical compounds.
People who have purchased this type of product indicate the presence of the following shortcomings:
- The regular silicone model is not suitable for a child. This is due to the high bristles, so a special line from manufacturers has been developed for children.
- Due to the increased softness, the product quickly deteriorates. Within a month, the head begins to thin out.
- Compared to other options with nylon or natural bristles, silicone models are more expensive.
Despite the fact that polymer products are provided in a wide range, manufacturing firms stand out, whose products are in high demand.
The Faberlic silicone brush has a beautiful design, and the rubberized handle provides convenience during the hygiene procedure, as it does not slip in the hands. The service life does not exceed 3 months.
The Faberlik silicone product has the following positive qualities:
- eliminates food particles in space between teeth;
- systematic use allows you to restore the natural whiteness of the teeth;
- provides gentle care without injuring the soft tissues of the gingival surface;
- The grooved back of the head removes plaque from the tongue for fresher breath throughout the day.
Products for children can be purchased at a price of 129 rubles. Models for adults are in the price range up to 160 rubles.
At first, to try, I bought a Faberlik brush only for myself. After 2 weeks, I made a gift to my husband and child. A pleasant feeling of smoothness on the teeth appears almost immediately. Cleansing the tongue allows you to keep breathing for the entire period of the working day.
A pleasant novelty from Faberlik that combines a low price, excellent quality and good whitening effect. It is noticeable within a week.
Model from Chinese manufacturers with medium hard bristles. The brushes polish the surface of the tooth enamel well and massage the gums.
The company produces several sets with different quantities of products. So a set of 3 pieces is suitable for a family of 3 people, sets of 12 items or unpacked one by one are also produced.
The cost for one product ranges from 290 to 535 rubles. But when buying sets, there is a flexible system of discounts. So 6 items can be purchased at the price of 5.
Not a bad option for teeth, although I did not find anything special. The handles are elastic, but you need to get used to the bristles, they are not so soft.
Everything is fine, and it seems to clean well, but after a month it became completely unusable.
The Chinese company has released another novelty brush-massager, which is put on the finger of mom or dad and cleans the soft tissues of the gums and the surface of the tongue from plaque. This baby finger brush can be used from 4 months of age until the child learns to independently perform the procedure that provides hygienic care for the oral cavity.
At the same time, it reduces the feeling of discomfort when the baby's first teeth are being cut, as a result of which he becomes capricious and restless.
As an addition to the purchase, a container is attached for safety and convenience in case of transportation.
The approximate price is within 150 rubles.
When the baby's teeth began to cut through, I realized that this finger brush is an irreplaceable thing. A few minutes of light movements, and the child ceases to be capricious.
It seems to me that the baby's silicone finger brush is very popular with the baby. When I massage his gums, he stops crying and starts gnawing at the bristles.
Jack N 'Jill
Branded products of the Australian company.
According to the manufacturer's statement, it allows the product to be used from 12 months to 3 years.
With simultaneous cleansing milk teeth the baby uses a Jack N 'Jill silicone toothbrush to gently massage the gingival surface.
If necessary, a special limiter is installed, which ensures the safety of the procedure.
Depending on the model, the price range can range from 250 to 500 rubles.
I don’t trust advertising, and I am writing a review, as I was convinced that the brush is just super. Comfortable handle, soft villi, and most importantly, the child liked it.
In addition to cleaning children's teeth well, a pleasant design with interesting drawings awakens the child's interest in brushing teeth.
The site is for informational purposes only. Do not under any circumstances self-medicate. If you find you have any symptoms of illness, contact your doctor.