Someone considers a lip piercing to be a manifestation of individuality, introducing new colors into the image, but for someone it is a useless undertaking.
Each of the types piercing brings a certain note to the image. For example, Monroe and Madonna - give sexuality, jellyfish emphasizes sensuality, and the labret adds audacity.
The latter type is popular with young people.
- How is a labret piercing done?
- Preparing and conducting a puncture
- Puncture care
- Possible complications and contraindications
- Selection of jewelry - what to be guided by
How is a labret piercing done?
Labret is one of the types of piercing.
The piercing is carried out in the lower lip, the jewelry is placed horizontally or vertically in accordance with the technique of execution.
For this type, a special decoration is used - a labret.
The shackle consists of a bar, a fixed cap and different types of wrapping.
There are the following techniques for making a labret:
- By the number of punctures - simple and double. In a simple one, a single puncture is made below the level of the gums. The double has two puncture points. They can be placed in the lip and below the red border.
- By location type - vertical and horizontal. The latter type has one or two holes, which are placed side by side. It is considered more difficult and more painful. The vertical labret is made perpendicular to the lip in the center. With this technique, the needle is inserted into the border of the lip, withdrawn from the top.
Vertical double labret piercing in the photo:
Horizontal labret in the photo:
Labret heals longer than jellyfish. It should take about 3-4 weeks from the moment of piercing to complete healing. This period is characterized by painful sensations, especially in the first few days. In addition, there is itching, slight swelling, since the body perceives the earring as a foreign object.
Many girls found it difficult to talk and sleep. Another difficulty is that it is difficult not to lick your lips, and when licking along with salivary fluid, bacteria more easily penetrate the puncture. Discomfort in one way or another is observed during the entire period.
Preparing and conducting a puncture
Before puncturing the labret, you should not undergo antibiotic therapy, take anti-inflammatory drugs, and alcoholic beverages. Be sure to feel well - no headaches, temperature and other nuances should be on the scheduled day. It is necessary to carefully brush your teeth.
The standard requirement for such manual procedures is that they should be performed after or before menstruation. The optimal time is the middle of the cycle.
The piercing is carried out according to the general rules, taking into account the characteristics of the type of piercing.
The procedure is carried out in the following sequence:
- the place is determined and agreed with the client;
- a point is placed with a marker;
- rinse your mouth with an antiseptic - Chlorhexidine;
- from the outside it is wiped with alcohol;
- local anesthesia is performed;
- the lower lip is clamped with a tool with a small hole through which the needle passes;
- an earring is inserted and secured;
- disinfection is carried out again.
During the puncture, sanitary standards must be observed, namely:
- wound treatment;
- carrying out the procedure with gloves;
- using a disposable sterile needle;
- disinfection of the earring;
- sterility and cleanliness of the office itself.
A wide variety of bacteria are present in the oral cavity, there are risks of developing inflammation. Therefore, more careful wound care is recommended.
For this, special means and ointments are used:
- Chlorhexidine - antiseptic solution for topical use. Effective against many bacteria and microbes, prevents their reproduction. It is used as a disinfectant for punctures. Used for rinsing the mouth and treating the skin.
- Furacilin- a time-tested strong broad-spectrum antiseptic. Influences the healing processes of wound surfaces.
- Bepanten - the cream accelerates healing on the surface of the skin and mucous membranes, stimulates regeneration processes, restores. It is used according to the instructions 1-3 times a day.
- Levomekol - the product promotes wound healing. Shows anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial action, activates regeneration processes. Recommended for use in the presence of an inflammatory process or wound suppuration.
- Rescuer - a healing balm that has a regenerating, soothing, anti-inflammatory effect. Prevents the formation of large scars.
- Aekol - vitamin remedy has anti-inflammatory properties, accelerates healing, relieves inflammation. It is applied after treatment with antiseptics in the form of oil dressings.
- Healing decoctions of chamomile, calendula - natural products for the care of the oral cavity during the healing of the puncture. They relieve inflammation, enhance regeneration processes, and have an antispasmodic effect.
Implementation of the recommendations is an equally important point in the recovery period.
The following requirements must be adhered to:
- After the puncture, do not eat or drink for 3-4 hours, refrain from smoking.
- For 7-14 days, do not consume sour, bitter and pungent drinks, exclude carbonated drinks.
- Solid food must be crushed so as not to put stress on the wound.
- Experts recommend rinsing your mouth with warm boiled water after each meal.
- Treat the wound and oral area with disinfectants and healing agents.
- Exclude kisses, you can not comb the place near the puncture, tear off the crusts.
- For the first time, it is worth refraining from carrying out thermal procedures - visiting the pool, solarium.
- Do not remove jewelry until complete healing. Exceptions are cases when the wound has festered.
- Do not apply foundation or mask puncture redness.
Possible complications and contraindications
A small number of nerve endings are concentrated in the area of the lips, there is no dense capillary network, therefore, you should not expect serious complications with a vertical and horizontal labret. But some troubles can make themselves felt.
In the first days, there may be increased swelling, soreness, and discharge of ichor. These symptoms are the body's natural reaction to the piercing.
Potential complications include:
- suppuration, swelling of the puncture site;
- the presence of a hematoma;
- development stomatitis or others inflammatory processes of the oral cavity;
- ingrowth risks from the inside;
- allergic reactions to metal earrings;
- excessive scarring;
- physical trauma to tissues, damage to the gums and teeth, including chips and cracks, fuzzy diction.
Note! The horizontal and vertical labret is easy to hook on when changing clothes. It causes painful sensations, sometimes results in injuries.
Contraindications for piercing are:
- inflammatory processes on the skin of the face, congestion moles at the puncture site;
- problems with blood clotting;
- general malaise;
- the presence of herpetic eruptions, frequent relapses herpes;
- dermatological problems on the face;
- allergic reactions to materials from which jewelry is made.
Selection of jewelry - what to be guided by
An important point that many people overlook is choosing the right jewelry. Some put something pretentious and exotic immediately after the puncture, but it is better not to do this step. The wound needs to be given time to heal and tighten well in order to put on such earrings.
Before the procedure, it is worth consulting about the decoration itself, namely, the length of the bar. The fact is that when punctured, the surrounding tissue swells, and the short earring will dig into the skin. This is fraught with ingrowth. In the standard version, the length of the rod ranges from 5 to 20 mm, the width is from 1 to 1.6 mm.
Bioplastic labret with steel cone
Decoration material - gold, titanium, bioplastic. The latter is preferable because it is softer, has good contact with the skin, does not rub the puncture and does not damage the teeth and gums.
Surgical metal is recommended by some because it is less expensive, but it is not suitable for everyone - the nickel in the metal can provoke irritation.
Lip piercing labret looks stylish and attractive. But in pursuit of fashion trends, you should not put your health in last place.
Care rules will help speed up the healing of the puncture and reduce discomfort. Before carrying out the procedure, it is better to weigh the pros and cons, so as not to be disappointed in your decision in the future.
The site is for informational purposes only. Do not under any circumstances self-medicate. If you find you have any symptoms of illness, contact your doctor.